• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Distinct Movesets For Similiar Characters - A Forum Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The purpose of this thread is very simple. I have seen many people say "X can't be in Smash Bros. because it would be a clone of Y". And I hate this. In this thread you say two or three characters that you think are really similiar and I try to make distinct movesets for each of them. If I can make distinct movesets, I win, otherwise I lose. Please don't request much because I plan on doing one or two each day.

Winners:

None as of now

Rules:

A maximum of three requests by user

Finished Movesets:

Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass (Guybrush20X6)
Sheik and Impa (Diddy Kong)
Olimar, Louie, Alph, Britanny and Charlie (coolmancool)
Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (SmasherMaster)
Fox, Falco and Wolf (APC99)
Toad, Toadette and Toadsworth (APC99)
Kirby and Goey (APC99)
Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y (StaffofSmashing)
Sonic and Shadow (StaffofSmashing)
Ike and Black Knight (Zigzagar)
Captain Falcon and Blood Falcon (StupendousMike)

All the movesets that are going to be done in order:

Peach, Daisy and Rosalina (YoshiandToad)
Pikachu, Pichu and Raichu (Kikwi-Kiwi)
Marth and Lucina (Souless_shadow)
Blue Toad and Yellow Toad (SuperBrawler)
Solid and Naked Snake (Guybrush20X6)
Eevee, Jolteon, Varopeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon (SmasherMaster)
Ness and Ninten (Brawler610)
Link, Toon Link and Classic Link (BlueDrago)
Hammer Bro., Boomerang Bro., Fire Bro. and Ice Bro. / Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Regigigas / Ganondorf and Demise (Toxicroaker)
Bomber Man , Evil Bomber and Pretty Bomber - TORNADO BUS DRIVER
Normal, Attack, Defense and Speed Deoxys (Fortanono)
Alice and Ballon Fighter (Sobreviviente)
Yoshi, Birdo, Yoshi Kid, Boshi and Yoob (SmasherMaster)
Male and Female Wii Fit Trainer / Nana and Popo / Marth, Roy and Chrom (SuperBrawler)
Dr. Light and Dr. Willy (KingShdow)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok then

Mega Man, Proto Man & Bass

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna make you win so...

Sheik -> Impa.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Ok then

Mega Man, Proto Man & Bass
Mega Man

Neutral B - Mega Buster

Pressing B shoots a small dot, but you can charge it to make it more powerful. Mega Man can walk and jump while charging, but can't attack.

Side B - Hard Knuckle

Mega Man shoots his hand as a projectile. It is fast and poweful, but only one can be on screen at a time and Mega Man can't use punching-based attacks while the hand is flying.

Up B - Rush Coil

Rush appears under Mega Man and launches him up.

Down B - Leaf Shield

Mega Man creates leaves around him. They act as a shield, each leaf blocking one attack. You can't move with the shield on because it fires the moment you press a direction.

Final Smash - Super Adapter

Mega Man calls Rush to the field. Mega Man and Rush them fuse together. While transformed, Mega Man can fly and shoot his hand as a projectile, but it does not have the limitations of his Side B.

Proto Man

Neutral B - Proto Buster

While it may look like Mega Man's, it is diferent. You can't charge but the shots always have medium size. They explode in contact with an enemy and if they touch another projectile they absorb them and become even more powerful. However, Proto Man shoots slower. Only one shot can be on screen at a time.

Side B - Super Arm

Proto Man grabs an enemy and may throw him like Donkey Kong's forward throw. He can catch projectiles and normally ungrabable items with this too.

Up B - Beam of Light

Proto Man does the same thing Mega Man does when arriving at a stage in Mega Man games but goes upwards instead of downwards.

Down B - Charge Slide

Slides in the ground and does damage to enemies it touches. Can't be used in the air.

Final Smash - Hyper Pharaoh Shot

Goes to the top of the sreen and charges a ball of energy above his head, then shoots it downwards. It explodes when it hits the ground and constantly damages enemies who get trapped in it.

Bass

Neutral B - Bass Buster

Also a variation of Mega Man's. You can't charge but the shots are faster and more powerful than Mega Man's. They also have a different look. You can angle the shot so Bass can shoot in multiple directions. Bass can't walk while shooting.

Side B - Dash

Bass kickly runs forwards damaging enemies.

Up B - Treble Boost

Bass fuses with his dog Treble and boosts upwards.

Down B - Flame Blast

Shoots a small flame that is affected by gravity. Does little damage but turns into a pillar of flames when hitting the ground.

Final Smash - Mega Screw Crusher

Bass jumps to the center of the screen and four giant spinning blades go out of him, one upwards, one downwards, one forwards and one backwards. They pass trought platforms.

I guess I won.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Marth, Alm, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Eirika, Ike, Chrom, Lucina :troll:

HAVE FUN

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Fox, Falco & Wolf.
Toad, Toadette & Toadsworth.
Kirby & Gooey.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Peach, Daisy, Rosalina.

I have a feeling I know how you're going to do Rosalina, but I've got no clue what you'll do with Daisy.

(This seems like a lot of work for one person though. Can't see this game lasting very long before moveset fatigue kicks in.)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Peach, Daisy, Rosalina.

I have a feeling I know how you're going to do Rosalina, but I've got no clue what you'll do with Daisy.

(This seems like a lot of work for one person though. Can't see this game lasting very long before moveset fatigue kicks in.)
I think I'm going to limit a certain number of suggestions, and after this number, users can only suggest again after I finish.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I wanna make you win so...

Sheik -> Impa.
Sheik's moveset is the same one she has now.

Impa

Neutral B - Avoid and Counter

If an enemy tries to attack Impa and you use this move, Impa kickly appears behind the enemy and you can use any of Impa's moves without any starting lag to counter the attack. You can only avoid if you want.

Side B - Swift Move

Impa runs forward. This does no damage, but you can cancel the move into any other move you want. This serves mostly as a recovery or a kicker way of reaching enemies.

Up B - Quick Jump

Impa kicly jumps slightly angled forward. She does multiple hits of damage to enemies during the move.

Down B - Transform

Impa transforms into Zelda. If you want Impa as her own character...

Down B - Stun

Impa quickly sticks her hand forwards. This does little damage and stuns enemies. It's surprising fast, having no starting lag but only lasting for a second.

Final Smash - Zelda's Lullaby

Impa sings Zelda's Lullaby. Suddenly, the stage is covered in water, turning into an underwater stage. Your enemies can't do anything because they're drowning. Impa does not drown because she has been granted a misterious power. After a while, the stage returns to normal.

Is this good enough? It was hard. I tried to make Impa ninja-like like Sheik.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Olimar,Louie,Alph,Britanny and Charlie :troll:
Olimar's moveset is the same one he has in Brawl. Note that the other characters don't copy the Pikmin gimick. Louie is a special case. He as a lot of Pikmin with him and they can be killed, but since he can't attack without them, when all of them are killed all his moves are replaced by Pikmin Pluck.

Louie

Neutral B - Swarm Attack

Orders all of his Pikmin to run forwards. If they hit the enemy, the enemy takes damage dependant of how much Pikmin there are and their types.

Side B - Pik Pik Carrot

Eeats a carrot. Possible effects include healing a small percentage of damage, becoming faster, becoming stronger, or rarely gaining all the effects.

Up B - Super Pikmin Jump

All of his Pikmin toss him upwards. The more Pikmin there are, the higher he goes. Purple Pikmin are the stronger in this move, because they count as 10 Pikmin. If you have a Purple one, it counts as having 10 red ones, for example.

Down B - Ultra-Spicy Spray

Louie uses the Ultra-Spicy Spray. It is a flamethrower similiar to Charizard's and Bowser's.

Final Smash - Ai No Uta (sounds ridiculous, but is the best I could use)

Louie and his Pikmin sing Ai No Uta. A lot of beasts from the Pikmin series are attracted and run throught the stage, damaging enemies.

Alph

Neutral B - Pikmin Spin

Spins holding all his Pikmin in his hands like a chain.

Side B - Ultra-Bitter Spray

Alph uses the Ultra-Bitter spray to encase enemies in stone, making them unable to move but also unable to be knocked back.

Up B - Pik-fly

Alph's Pink Pikmin carry him upwards.

Down B - Bomb-rock

Tosses a Bomb-rock. It explodes and does damage.

Final Smash - S.S. Drake

The S.S. Drake appears and flies trought the top of the stage, dropping giant fruits that deal massive damage.

Britanny

Neutral B - Bulbmin

Britanny orders a Bulbmin to run forwards, the Bulbmin damages enemies.

Side B - Pik-light

One of Britanny's Pikmin lights its leaf/bud/flower a split second. This stuns enemies.

Up B - Pik-spring

Britanny uses one of her Pikmin as a spring.

Down B - Random Thing

Britanny throws a random man-made object she found to damage enemies.

Final Smash - Pikmin Rain

Britanny throws a lot of Pikmin in the air and they fall to the ground, heavily damaging enemies.

Charlie

Neutral B - Mushroom Pikmin

Charlie orders a Mushroom Pikmin to run forwards and damage enemies.

Side B - Pellet

Tosses a pellet that does damage. It may be a pellet with any number from 1 to 10.

Up B - Onion

Grabs a Onion and flies kind of like Snake's Cypher.

Down B - Pikmin Shield

A lot of Pikmin cover him, protecting him from attacks.

Final Smash - Hunting for Pikmin

A lot of Pikmin (more than 100) run around the stage. They deal damage to enemies. Then some Bulborbs and other enemies run too, they are much stronger. The point of the attack is that the beasts were trying to eat the Pikmin.

I hope this is good. It was really hard. I'm tired and only going to do more next day.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Olimar's moveset is the same one he has in Brawl. Note that the other characters don't copy the Pikmin gimick. Louie is a special case. He as a lot of Pikmin with him and they can be killed, but since he can't attack without them, when all of them are killed all his moves are replaced by Pikmin Pluck.

Louie

Neutral B - Swarm Attack

Orders all of his Pikmin to run forwards. If they hit the enemy, the enemy takes damage dependant of how much Pikmin there are and their types.

Side B - Pik Pik Carrot

Eeats a carrot. Possible effects include healing a small percentage of damage, becoming faster, becoming stronger, or rarely gaining all the effects.

Up B - Super Pikmin Jump

All of his Pikmin toss him upwards. The more Pikmin there are, the higher he goes. Purple Pikmin are the stronger in this move, because they count as 10 Pikmin. If you have a Purple one, it counts as having 10 red ones, for example.

Down B - Ultra-Spicy Spray

Louie uses the Ultra-Spicy Spray. It is a flamethrower similiar to Charizard's and Bowser's.

Final Smash - Ai No Uta (sounds ridiculous, but is the best I could use)

Louie and his Pikmin sing Ai No Uta. A lot of beasts from the Pikmin series are attracted and run throught the stage, damaging enemies.

Alph

Neutral B - Pikmin Spin

Spins holding all his Pikmin in his hands like a chain.

Side B - Ultra-Bitter Spray

Alph uses the Ultra-Bitter spray to encase enemies in stone, making them unable to move but also unable to be knocked back.

Up B - Pik-fly

Alph's Pink Pikmin carry him upwards.

Down B - Bomb-rock

Tosses a Bomb-rock. It explodes and does damage.

Final Smash - S.S. Drake

The S.S. Drake appears and flies trought the top of the stage, dropping giant fruits that deal massive damage.

Britanny

Neutral B - Bulbmin

Britanny orders a Bulbmin to run forwards, the Bulbmin damages enemies.

Side B - Pik-light

One of Britanny's Pikmin lights its leaf/bud/flower a split second. This stuns enemies.

Up B - Pik-spring

Britanny uses one of her Pikmin as a spring.

Down B - Random Thing

Britanny throws a random man-made object she found to damage enemies.

Final Smash - Pikmin Rain

Britanny throws a lot of Pikmin in the air and they fall to the ground, heavily damaging enemies.

Charlie

Neutral B - Mushroom Pikmin

Charlie orders a Mushroom Pikmin to run forwards and damage enemies.

Side B - Pellet

Tosses a pellet that does damage. It may be a pellet with any number from 1 to 10.

Up B - Onion

Grabs a Onion and flies kind of like Snake's Cypher.

Down B - Pikmin Shield

A lot of Pikmin cover him, protecting him from attacks.

Final Smash - Hunting for Pikmin

A lot of Pikmin (more than 100) run around the stage. They deal damage to enemies. Then some Bulborbs and other enemies run too, they are much stronger. The point of the attack is that the beasts were trying to eat the Pikmin.

I hope this is good. It was really hard. I'm tired and only going to do more next day.
WOW! You are the most creative person I have ever seen.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sonic and Shadow

Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y

Crash and Fake Crash

Pokemon Trainer Red from HG and SS and Red from G/S/C
Sorry, I don't know anything about Crash. And the Red from G/S/C is the same one from HG, SS Black 2 and White 2 from what I know. But the others are okay.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I got one more.

Solid Snake and Naked Snake/Big Boss

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That will be the harder one, I never played Metal Gear.

Just watch some playthroughs. The later ones are mostly cutscene so you won't be missing much.

I applaud your efforts thus far.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Jigglypuff, Celefairy, Chansey, Audino, Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Blissey, Clefable, and Wigglypuff

Eevee, Jolteon, Varopeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon

Good luck :smash:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Jigglypuff, Celefairy, Chansey, Audino, Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Blissey, Clefable, and Wigglypuff

Eevee, Jolteon, Varopeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon

Good luck :smash:
I said you must be kidding, but the eeveelutions one seems to be easy.
The first one, however...

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong
Diddy's moveset is the same one he has in Brawl.

Dixie Kong

Neutral B - Ponytail Spin

Dixie does a spin attack, hitting with her ponytail. This can also reflect projectiles and slows her fall in the air.

Side B - Hair Grab

Dixie Kong can use this to grab enemies or as a tether recovery. If the enemy is too far, it only does a little damage.

Up B - Helicopter Jump

Dixie spins her ponytail but does not hit enemies with it. Instead, it is used as another jump, and does not make Dixie helpless if used in the air.

Down B - Wild Move

Dixie charges forward covered in fire.

Final Smash - Dixie Bomb

Dixie jumps really high and enters a barrel. She then shoots out of it to the ground, causing a explosion.

Kiddy Kong

Neutral B - Strong Arms

Kiddy Kong punches. If an enemy is hit, the enemy becomes stunned. If you use this move near a stunned enemy, you can pick him up to carry and throw him.

Side B - Super Roll

Kiddy rolls forward, damaging enemies. If he jumps during this, he jumps a bigger distance.

Up B - Barrel Cannon

A barrel cannon appears and Kiddy jumps in it. The barrel cannon keeps spinning and shoots Kiddy when you press the attack button.

Down B - Barrel

Kiddy grabs one of three types of barrel. These barrels can be thrown to damage enemies and serve as shields when Kiddy is carrying them. Normal barrels are the weakest and break in contact with an enemy. Metal barrels are stronger, pass trought enemies, bounce when they hit walls and can't be broken by enemies. TNT barrels explode and deal the most damage.

Final Smash - Earthquake

Kiddy pounds the ground strongly, and some parts of it even rise. This deals damage to enemies that are in the ground.

I'm invincible. My fourth consecutive win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom