• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 Disputes and Questions

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Need a ref? Got a question?

Post it here, or PM a ref.

Also, refs are available all day on AIM at the Smash Wars chatroom and Smash Wars Brackets chatroom.

Refs are anyone with a green name. Scav, Xsyven, M3D and Omnigamer are the most active.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I noticed in the MW Bracket I'm paired up with "BYE" for the first round. Is this a player or a bye that I'm looking at? I am confused.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
PLease help me I cant find this person!!! Plazm4 5nak3
I cant find him so i cant get in contact with him please help me out.

Prez

Smash Apprentice
I noticed in the MW Bracket I'm paired up with "BYE" for the first round. Is this a player or a bye that I'm looking at? I am confused.
For this you can just look through the midwest section to make sure. Since there are no players actually named BYE then yea, I'd say you are looking at a bye. Congrats.

Prez

Smash Apprentice
Once all the first round matches are completed by 3:00, the second round matches will be posted and have to be completed by 3:45. It goes on like this. I'd say you're out of luck.

Sudai

Stuff here
I know first round is supposed to be over and reported by 3, but if the other person isn't responding at all, how long do they have to respond? There's no way people could finish a match in time if the other person responded at, say, 2:59, or something silly like that. I was also asking so people don't get DQ'd even if they tried everything possible to get in contact with the person but don't post that until shortly after 3 thinking the person has until the last second.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
If the person I'm supposed to play in round 1 doesn't show up, is it an automatic win for me?

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I have PMed him and emailed him. There's nothing else I can do. Hopefully he shows up.

Also what if he gets on around 2:55 and we can't finish our match before 3:00?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have a problem. I will most likely not have acess to the computer today but I can still play. Is it possible for a ref to specatate all of my matches so that I won't have to be on a computer to still Brawl? If not, I may have to forefit. :( Please answer ASAP.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem. I will most likely not have acess to the computer today but I can still play. Is it possible for a ref to specatate all of my matches so that I won't have to be on a computer to still Brawl? If not, I may have to forefit. :( Please answer ASAP.

I think you have to becuase you have to check back to see who you are playing next. I hope there is a way for you to stay in the tournament.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I pm'd my opponent this morning, still no response

if he doesn't respond by 2:00 he forfits? Or does he have until 3?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Unfotunately I have to forefit this competition due to this day of the week being a bad one for me. Sorry. :(
Bye. :ohwell:

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I pm'd my opponent this morning, still no response

if he doesn't respond by 2:00 he forfits? Or does he have until 3?
The same thing is happening to me right now. I'm trying to get Gojira.

Anyways, he has until 3 eastern, which is 2 hours and 8 minutes from now.

JackHouser

Smash Apprentice
yeah same question, what if i cant reach my opponent until the last 5 seconds, or per say last 5 minutes of until due time? and if i have been trying to contact him...is it his fault for not showing up until theres not enough time to do the matches?

and if my opponent doesnt show at all its a dq for him right, as long as I have been trying to contact him?

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
what happends if my opponent doesn't show up for the first round of the turny i have not gotten any responds from him...do we both get DQed?

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
I'm pretty sure you just make your claim that you attempted to contact him in whichever pool you are. If the refs need proof I'm sure they'll ask for it. My opponent is offline as well. Maybe lots of people didn't expect the 2nd half of the tournament to be today...

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah because that would be kind of dumb if i get DQed because my opponent never showed up

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If you prove that you have made all possible steps to contact your no-show opponent, and they do not show up, then they will lose, and you will advance. I'm relatively sure if they show up 5 minutes before submission, as lnog as its not interfering with the progression of the tournament, you can finish a few minutes late, but under no circumstance should you deny someone a match if you think ten till three won't give you enough time to play. Just use soem common sense. if they aren't there of their own accord, then you don't lose.

Thanks for clarifying, scav, on the above issue.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
you can have your opponent submit results, or provide some type of evidence, i take it that you mean you will not be able to submit results? PM if possible

Top Bottom