• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion on Sheik's "reverse DACUS" (discovered with wii fit trainer), is it possible?

TCL | Harp & Dagger

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCorndogLover
3DS FC
1075-0799-6110
I cannot post the link because I don't have enough posts yet, but if you search up "Wii fit trainer Reverse Dacus?" on youtube it should be the first one.

This video is where this AT is shown. Similar things have been shown with Sheik's backward crawl, but I never thought of it with an u-smash. This seems like a good way to go off a platform and hit them from underneath with the sweet spot. The creator of the video claims it does not work well with sheik because she doesn't get the slide that wii fit trainer does, but I believe it needs more testing before we can draw a successful conclusion.

Has anyone found some uses or found ways to make her slide more? There's also the reverse boost thing on yoshi's island for the 3DS, could it possibly be useful with that?

I'll delete this thread if it's not that big of a technique or the answer is really simple.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Ok so heres the deal. I had an 13 hrs day, it's already a few hrs past my bedtime, i want to sleep and reload smashboards a last time and you come up with something like this. God [insert swear and insult here]
Sooo anyway, first off, here some older discussion about something similar:
http://smashboards.com/threads/new-sheik-tech.390273/
Howeve, that DACUS thingy got me somewhere. First thing first, DONT ever again call this dacus. DACUS stands for Dash attack canceled up Smash. and thats clearly not whats happening. You can name it what you want, back crouch sliding upsmash or something (BCSUS if you want some capital letters) but anyway. Disclaimer, I have still no clue behind the mechanics of this, i'll look into that once i have time. For now, so that everyone is pleased, here some demonstration of what is possible:

So yes, this is a thing actually.

But sheik mains are to stylisch for that, aren't we? Well here you go:

Ok thats quite something.

Now lets move on to lyat cruise (hell, best sheik stage still):

Lyat (or angles surfaces overall) make the slide waaaaay longer (or at least waaay easier to pull off)

As showed above, there are actually two ways of reversing this. (maybe more, but this is already pretty confusing):

Sorry, too much style for my brain to still work properly. Anyway, I pulled all of them by inputting crouch (I believe). As we figured in the other thread you can slide without crouch, but I won't test that any time soon.

Hope this helps you a bit and shows off some stuff, hope to get other sheik mains testing this out as well.
On a sidenote ( and maybe to our beloved Mod, @Tristan_win ) if you should've problems with me posting my 640x360 gifs all over the boards without using spoilertags or anything, just shout at me and I'll use spoilertags in the future. However, for now, I'll stick with what I've been doing.

EDIT: posted 39 minutes after you. That was some fast labing and gif gathering.

Last edited:

Nixul_rz

Smash Rookie
hello, little distance that could be used sheik one perfect pivot, nose though the exact difference but can be effective as explained by you. wii fit trainer has a small leap in animation being bent so it benefecia more in this movement.
I share my post of "reverse dacus" which is not dacus to read their opinions.
http://smashboards.com/threads/reverse-dacus-wii-fit-trainer.391120/#post-18576921
Greetings.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So something cool happened while I was practicing this:

I slid much further than usual and was facing left instead of right. I really wish that I could reproduce it, but so far I've only done what we're talking about here. I hope to stumble upon it again and figure it out, as this was truly DACUS-length.

Last edited:

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
So something cool happened while I was practicing this:

I slid much further than usual and was facing left instead of right. I really wish that I could reproduce it, but so far I've only done what we're talking about here. I hope to stumble upon it again and figure it out, as this was truly DACUS-length.
As I covered in my post above already, it is possible to slide into all direction while facing all (lleft and right are possible).
During the initional testing, we came to the conclusion "about half of halberd is possible" so thats about the length you slided.
However, while doing the gifs above I was pretty sleepy already, so I didn't bother making it max range. If I find the time I'll try.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Does anyone mind explaining the inputs for this, and the tech listed here? (As I am assuming they are the same, just altering the inputs after the slide...)

I apologize, but I can't discern the exact inputs from the context clues of the conversation, or the OP/finder of the tech's explanation due to the fact it appears that English isn't his native tongue. Many thanks in advance.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Does anyone mind explaining the inputs for this, and the tech listed here? (As I am assuming they are the same, just altering the inputs after the slide...)

I apologize, but I can't discern the exact inputs from the context clues of the conversation, or the OP/finder of the tech's explanation due to the fact it appears that English isn't his native tongue. Many thanks in advance.
You land, crouch quickly backwards and release the stick immediatly, then input your move.
:GCD:Land -> :GCDL:crouch back (assuming your watching right) ->:GCN:release stick ->:GCCU: input move.

Top Bottom