• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion] Do NOT update your Wii to System Menu 4.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The first post isn't exactly right. And what's this talk about all methods being patched up?

I upgraded to menu 4.3 because Riivolution is about the only program I use anyway at the moment and it does work with the update (v1.03 does, anyway). Other than that, people have been reporting that other methods for installing homebrew are working. If that's the case, I'm sure a swift change to the homebrew channel will be coming soon.
That's because Riivolutin was updated to work with 4.3.

Older versions of Riivolution will not function on 4.3.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
You can just save your snapshots/replays to the internal memory, and transfer them over to your SD card when you boot through the Disc Channel.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
remember guys, that which has always worked without fail (ie not updating (and smash stack/indiana pwns :p)), will continue to work. always, and without fail.
Very true. Might need a new Bootmii, though...but I agree.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Just tell me when the new safe update comes out and tell me how to load it to my Wii. I really want to use my textures, cause without the HBC, the FRC is kaput.

@Hozu: Thats a big hassle just to get snapshots. Saving them to the internal memory, exiting the game, turning it on in the Disc Channel, then saving it to the SD card is time-consuming.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Stupid Nintendo, all my hacker friends upgraded their wii, and boom, all hacks gone. Before I could tell them about it, it was already done. Hopefully a V4.3 method for Homebrew apps is released soon.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
A way of getting the homebrew channel on wii 4.3 seems to have been found.

On another site which I won't name because I'm not allowed to.
First, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.3 unless you have good reason to. There are very few, if at all, advantages to updating. Only an updated shop channel and some new IOSes. Your best bet is to stay on what system menu you are on and update you Shop and IOSes with NUSD

I did it! It was simple actually. Here is exactly what I did:

1.) Installed a WAD Manager Channel Before updating

2.) Used Waninkoko's new Firmware updated with these settings
A.)Ios 249
B.)Network Install(Didn't have the wads)
C.)System Menu/IOS patches enabled

3.)Got a HBC WAD

4.)Changed the Title ID, install the new WAD with WAD Manager

4a.) Actually, I think you could probably install the HBC with an edited Title ID before the update, I just wrote what I did.

5.) Load the HBC!(May Be Upside Down)

URL removed <----- Link to a pack I made with all the files used

Disclaimer: I am in NO WAY responsible for your wii if it is bricked.NEVER USE OFFICIAL NINTENDO UPDATES ALWAYS USE WANINKOKO'S UPDATERS

Credits: BD, for telling me to change the Title ID and try it, to JJ-KwiK for telling me that Waninkoko's Firmware Updater was out, and to the great Waninkoko for actually programming WAD Manager and the Firmware Updater
I'll post the link if Bionic Sonic or someone of his authority tells me that it's okay to do so.

Another person on the same site.
If you have updated or wish to update, you can use the latest version of the HackMii Installer to regain full functionality.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
WAD files are illegal, so no.

Btw, new Hackmii Installer (kinda) soon, so if you're patient, you can get back into Brawl modding again.

PF9

Smash Lord
well, I updated, and I haven't even used homebrew yet, and I still want to. How do I do that?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm just wondering if the Stack Smash would still working....
I'm affraid I'll lose all of my hacks if I try this....

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
You can either use the Smash Stack method or wait for a new HackMii installer.
You're going to need to enlighten me on this, cause from what I am understanding, the File Replacement Code works with the Stack Smash method, or am I missing something here?

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Havent tried this. but what would happen if you copied the homebrew channel from another wii to your sd card and just loaded it from that on the other wii? Would that work? If it does, then you could try getting the savegame manager app from the homebrew browser to move it to the wii's memory.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Havent tried this. but what would happen if you copied the homebrew channel from another wii to your sd card and just loaded it from that on the other wii? Would that work? If it does, then you could try getting the savegame manager app from the homebrew browser to move it to the wii's memory.
I don't think so. It didn't work with VC games when I tried to give a friend some VC games, and those are their own seperate channels, so...but I've never tried with Homebrew, so I don't know. It's worth a shot, and I bet stack smash still works fine...

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't think so. It didn't work with VC games when I tried to give a friend some VC games, and those are their own seperate channels, so...but I've never tried with Homebrew, so I don't know. It's worth a shot, and I bet stack smash still works fine...
Actually, I remember hearing this blocks all known exploits to get the Homebrew Channel. So it looks like those updated (thank God I didn't) have to wait for Bannerbomb 3.0 and who knows what else to get everything that worked under 4.2 to even work.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
yeah i have system menu 4.2 with priiloader. can i still play games like lets say Metroid the other m, if i have the priiloader hax saying to not update via disc and the wiiconnect4 or whatever, could i still play it without having to use gecko?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If you guys have Gecko, just load a game through that...

Revven

FrankerZ
I swear we need a sticky about that in big bold letters, it can't be said enough in one thread (in fact I think it's been said at least once on every page of this very thread).

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I swear we need a sticky about that in big bold letters, it can't be said enough in one thread (in fact I think it's been said at least once on every page of this very thread).
Very true. Gecko loading can avoid a lot of this, particularly if you do a boot2 backup with Bootmii...that gives you the option to go straight to the HBC, then loading through gecko...hope I'm referring to the right term

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
My situation kind of warrants a safe updater; family and such will unknowingly update to play new games. They did it for 4.2, but I was fortunate for nothing to happen.

Also, a bunch of my VC games disappeared for unknown reasons so I'll probably get WiiSCU to re-download those...

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
There are ways to block your Wii from updating, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to mention them here or not.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
There are ways to block your Wii from updating, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to mention them here or not.
The easiest way is to turn WiiConnect24 off. It doesn't really block you from updating, it just prevents updating over WiFi. Updating from games, however, still isn't blocked with that, and I'm assuming that's what you can't mention how to block.

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
We did get a safe updater, yet what does 4.3 do? Also, Priiloader stops updates from Nintendo, so WiiConnect24 is on right now.

On an unrelated note (to priiloader), 4.3 also deletes HBC on every boot. Sticking at 4.2 and happy.

Nintenden

Smash Cadet
Odd. I heard a few cases that once people reinstalled HBC (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, Bannerbomb beta), it was deleted on the next boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom