• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion: Build agreement and the future of PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I keep changing my mind. If 3.61 is already out there I could easily see it becoming the standard if TO's decide to host it; and since it is already out there, the whole "continued development puts the dev team at risk" argument doesn't really apply.

I don't think the idea of sticking with 3.6 is realistic when a newer, better version is out. It might be the morally right thing to do, but I just can't see players not wanting to make the switch at some point down the line.

Last edited:

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for the tourney organizers to start waging war with anyone that wants to use 3.61. Some of them have already declared they're going nuclear with perma bans for anyone even caught using 3.61 on the sidelines at a tourney. The community is being split by fifty power tripping TO's.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I can't wait for the tourney organizers to start waging war with anyone that wants to use 3.61. Some of them have already declared they're going nuclear with perma bans for anyone even caught using 3.61 on the sidelines at a tourney. The community is being split by fifty power tripping TO's.
but is it the power-trippy to's or the authority-defying people-who-aren't-adhering-to-the-tournament-rules that are the problem

Narpas_sword

The only "fun" game is stamina with no blast zones, 2.0 damage, fixed camera, 990 HP, all items, mega-size, turbo, 4-players, auto l-cancel, all stages allowed random picked. Tourney pro-wannabes know nothing of fun.
Tourney pro wannabes are the people who put that into the game =p

Celestis

Smash Ace
SO now not only do the smash games cause a separation on their own, but now PM has a split community in it own community? Lawls..

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
but is it the power-trippy to's or the authority-defying people-who-aren't-adhering-to-the-tournament-rules that are the problem
"Authority"? Who's? Because Nintendo's authority was the only real one and PM defies that by merely existing. Any other authority beyond that is just artificial from powertripping posers pretending they have any real authority over anything in the matter.

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
Good. I'm glad TOs are stepping up and taking a solid, consistent position. Much better than indecisive TOs who easily give into the demands of the most vocal members of their immediate community. As far as I'm concerned, the only downside to the actions of the TOs are passive-aggressive comments like yours.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good. I don't care what side you're personally on, fact of the matter is that a scene all based within a single version you might not like as much is always going to be better than a scene divided because people liked what this or that build did

Last edited:

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
Good. I'm glad TOs are stepping up and taking a solid, consistent position. Much better than indecisive TOs who easily give into the demands of the most vocal members of their immediate community. As far as I'm concerned, the only downside to the actions of the TOs are passive-aggressive comments like yours.
I welcome the community split that divides me more from people like you.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
"Authority"? Who's? Because Nintendo's authority was the only real one and PM defies that by merely existing. Any other authority beyond that is just artificial from powertripping posers pretending they have any real authority over anything in the matter.
you really don't know how a fighting game scene works, do you

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
you really don't know how a fighting game scene works, do you
Why would I know, I actively ignore the PM scene's worthless existence. The "scene" was always a joke anyway, stop kidding yourselves. At least Melee has a respectable following but trying to control PM's scene is like trying to organize the scattered ants of a kicked ant mound; it's futile and pointless by this point.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Why would I know, I actively ignore the PM scene's worthless existence. The "scene" was always a joke anyway, stop kidding yourselves. At least Melee has a respectable following but trying to control PM's scene is like trying to organize the scattered ants of a kicked ant mound; it's futile and pointless by this point.
>melee

>respectable following

>respectable

i rest my case

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welp, should have known better than to hope this could be discussed in a mature and civil manner. Nothing to see here, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom