• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Discovered Stage Builder Glitch

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Beware when creating custom stages. When you connect two pieces, whether drawing free-hand or utilizing the grid, depending where on the map you are editing many times the two pieces will not fully connect leaving a tiny gap. Normally, characters cannot pass through these gaps but sometimes something happens that makes you fall through them. This can happen vertically and horizontally. Not sure about diagonally, but probably still an issue. The best way to counter this issue is by overlapping any connecting pieces. Unfortunately there is no way to make one piece the dominant piece that is on top. Seems to determine which goes on top at random, so you may have to play around with it for awhile. Hope this helps others out.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I can confirm this is an issue. From what I can tell, you can slip through more easily if you do a down+air with a character with a down kick: Both times I clipped through, I was Sonic using Down+air and Zero Suit Samus using Down+air.

Also, I found another slight bug last night: if you have an object overlapping part of the walking ground, the game will think the ground doesn't exist and will tell you to have more area for fighters to stand. It was a moving platform that was supposed to move in and out of the ground and I can kind of see why it flags it as an issue, but there was more than enough ground in the entire stage to fight even without the part that was getting overlapped.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Another issue with falling through the gaps is if you are falling towards one and you are holding down and hit it just right, you fall through. So obnoxious. As for your issue you found, that would be so easily remedied by allowing us to set up spawn points. I have one stage that always places player two on a freaken tiny ledge.

Top Bottom