• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disappointed

Ub3rB3n

Smash Rookie
See I picked up the *** version of SSBB today, and I have been playing for a couple hours now, but I don't understand why they put older characters as unlock able ones, and new characters at the starting screen already.... and why is it so easy to unlock the characters in this 1 as well, if i recall from melee for mr. game and watch it was about 1000 v.s battles, the highest amount you need here is 450 v.s brawls....thats horrible o well...only been playing about 3 hours and 1/4 of the way there already

Even tho i cannot read Japaneses it is just too tempting not to play, and now i am able to brag about it to my friends tomorrow. I just hope my save data will transfer over to the US version when it comes out

Just finished fighting Lucario 2 sec ago after doing 100 v.s brawls,
other then the unlockable characters problem.....

THE GAME IS FREAKING AWESOME

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Racist!!! I know what was censored!!!

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
See I picked up the *** version of SSBB today, and I have been playing for a couple hours now, but I don't understand why they put older characters as unlock able ones, and new characters at the starting screen already.... and why is it so easy to unlock the characters in this 1 as well, if i recall from melee for mr. game and watch it was about 1000 v.s battles, the highest amount you need here is 450 v.s brawls....thats horrible o well...only been playing about 3 hours and 1/4 of the way there already

Even tho i cannot read Japaneses it is just too tempting not to play, and now i am able to brag about it to my friends tomorrow. I just hope my save data will transfer over to the US version when it comes out

Just finished fighting Lucario 2 sec ago after doing 100 v.s brawls,
other then the unlockable characters problem.....

THE GAME IS FREAKING AWESOME
you say you're disappointed then its "freakin awesome"?

NGamer92

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly glad the characters are easier to unlock this time.

I'll admit it actually took me years to unlock all melee characters.

Ub3rB3n

Smash Rookie
Other then that whole this about the unlockable characters, the game is awesome

pirkid

Smash Lord
So, your disappointed, yet you can't resist playing and the game is awesome?

And your mad because characters are easier to unlock this time around?

Someone say it for me.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I would honestly like it better if there were only 10 or 12 starter characters and maybe 10 stages. Then you'd have a ****load of characters and such to unlock. It would make the game last longer, make you want to continue playing the game to unlock everything, not to mention you'd have a much greater sense of accomplishment then you would as it is now.

But that's just me.

NinjaRooster

Smash Cadet
Maybe they should've just started you off with Mario only and forced you to play through the SSE/Event Mode/Stadium before you unlocked anything.

In all seriousness, just because it isn't hard to unlock the characters doesn't make it any less enjoyable. Play online matches. Those will always be great.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I agree with the original poster, easy unlockables are lame and having Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff as unlockables FOR THE THIRD STRAIGHT GAME is retarted. All of the newcomers should AUTOMATICALLY be unlockables. I don't have the game yet and I have been avoiding threads about unlocking characters (how to do it), but I hope that there are some cool things like Melee had (unlock Luigi by beating game with Mario I think it was.... stuff like that).

Ub3rB3n

Smash Rookie
see someone agrees with me, also ness is unlockable for the 3rd straight game as well,

and who actually plays as jigglypuff,

*kicks jigglypuff off the roster*

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I think that this time around, the excitement is doing everything (like target tests) with everyone, and not making it super-complicated to get some characters (luigi in melee, with the 2 second thing in adventure). I agree that it would be better if you would take longer to unlock them all, especially so since my friend told me she unlocked about 10 characters in a day, which is crazy, and may make the game last shorter.
Look how long weve been playing melee for, like 7 years? and its still amazing. I hope this game lasts at least that long (it better)

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai himself said he would make characters easier to unlock so when you play online you won't get spoiled if you see a new character.

"And there is one more important thing...

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters
"

Anyways, theres ton to unlock after the characters. So have fun with that. :)

(Gosh I wish I had Brawl...)

Top Bottom