• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disappointed by Wolf's side B

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
Its not like any of the spacies fantasms are meant for attacking anyway+it comes out faster then his up-b too

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's side-b is great. It's useful to his recovery since up-b-ing all the time makes you predictable and thus punishable. Mix it up with the side-b, alter angles or cancel the side-b. As for the sweetspot...it ownz. Try aiming it at the opponent while recovering and they're trying to aggressively edgeguard you.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Sorry, but i disagree completely. His side-b can double as an incredible spike. This however is a true spike, unlike his Dair which is just another run of the mill meteor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGzHOpgREas at around 0:54

This video is not the best, but it shows how good his spike can be...you just need to find an affective way to use it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Do you realise that if you hit with the very end of this attack, it turns into a very powerful KO move?
I know if so awesome when I headbut a Fox level 7 CPU and they go flying off the stage, its so Exciting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course i get pissed when i use it at the wrong time and i fly off the stage :(

Steerclear

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but i disagree completely. His side-b can double as an incredible spike. This however is a true spike, unlike his Dair which is just another run of the mill meteor

This video is not the best, but it shows how good his spike can be...you just need to find an affective way to use it.
Holy crap...nice catch! I'd have never seen that if you hadn't pointed it out!

What about on land, though? What does it do if you are coming up through a ledge and tag someone with it?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662

Hmm interesting...I sweetspotted wolf's phantasm on a R.O.B. today and instead of being spiked straight down he was sent flying clear across FD (I caught him in midair).

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
His side B can be canceled and it turned into a wavedash-esque slide, it's very helpful for chain grabs and charging the Fsmash. Illusion Dash/Sprint or something.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Wolf's side-b is great. It's useful to his recovery since up-b-ing all the time makes you predictable and thus punishable. Mix it up with the side-b, alter angles or cancel the side-b. As for the sweetspot...it ownz. Try aiming it at the opponent while recovering and they're trying to aggressively edgeguard you.
Alter angles on the side-b? Or are you talking about the Up-b?

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
It's good because the slight degree change makes it less predictable. It's good for mind games in that sense. Often when I'm playing people that don't see it coming. Also the end being a strong smash helps a lot when you sweet spot the ending.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hmm interesting...I sweetspotted wolf's phantasm on a R.O.B. today and instead of being spiked straight down he was sent flying clear across FD (I caught him in midair).
As far as i know, and what i have found from playing my friend with wolf, it will only spike if you hit your enemy with the end of the attack whilst you are above them, otherwise it will result in simply a strong attack

Top Bottom