• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dins Fire is complete crap. STOP USING THE MOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How do you edgegaurd with Zelda if you're not using Dins? Or are you just switching to Zelda for the KO power that sheik lacks?

Uffe

Smash Hero
You make it sound as bad as PK Flash. I'm dead serious. Din's Fire is bound to hit. It's not that situational, either. It leaves you open, but you can cancel out any time you want. How much do you want to bet that about 95% of the time, depending on who you're fighting, you can spam Din's Fire in the beginning of a match and totally mindgame your opponent as he/she gets close. I know that's happened to me before and more than once, even though I know very well what is going to happen.

In a match against Zelda, I'll dash towards her, get close enough and she'll quickly use Din's Fire and right when I think I have an open shot on her, BAM, I get hit by Din's Fire. It's not as useless as you make it sound. I think if there is any character you shouldn't use it against as an edge guard, it'd be Ness, Lucas and Mr. Game & Watch as each one can absorb it and make good use of it. All other characters may have options, but it's not enough to change the outcome in the match like the three I mentioned.

If you won't use it on the ground, at least use it as an edge guard.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
i love how this entire thread completely blew up in his face. jus sayin'...lol.

When a move's most outstanding trait seems to be "it's good for mindgames", we have a pretty terrible move. Marsulas makes excellent points, and considering the character, this "NO I DON'T WANNA" mentality seems is so very... republican. Everyone has agreed to use Din's when the situation arises. It's not useless. But it's still terrible.
who are you? and why are you listening to a sheik player who only uses zelda for her kill moves and to refresh sheik's attacks?

It does has it's uses. It is safe from a distance. It might force an approach if the opponent is affected enough emotionally from it. But really, it does nothing.
you obviously don't know how zelda works as a character. she's not like other characters. she has no real approach. she has no aerial game. her dodge and roll skills are subpar. the one thing she does have going for her is her iron defense skills. she can punish almost any approach in the game (with the exception of course of marth's fair and mk's....well just mk in general). in order to force her opponents to approach, you have to pressure them. if you want them to approach a certain way, din's can be used for that.

What Marsulas is suggesting is for Zedla players to attempt something more productive and more rewarding that's more under their control, rather than sitting back and "hoping they fall for it".

i love how a peach player is trying to tell zelda players how to play our own character.

what do you mean by "attempt something more productive and rewarding?" what's more rewarding than forcing your opponents to fall into your moves? and besides, who said we didn't have other options? sure, we can approach them via nair and a mid-air NL. that can hold them off for a bit. and then pull off the nonexistent combos that zelda has somehow. we never said din's is the only option we have. if you read my first post, i've CLEARLY LISTED ALL OTHER OPTIONS ZELDA HAS ASIDE FROM DINS. you clearly don't know how our character works, thus, you shouldn't make a statement like that.

and if you really wanna start a flame war/debate, you're picking a fight with the wrong asian.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just out of curosity marsalus do you ever go mono Zelda or do you always switch in between sheik and Zelda during matches?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If this thread gets out of hand...
_

Anyways the move is far from terrible mars - as for short-ranged din's you'll find some top level players like to stutter step it back to snipe an oncoming approach. It's just all in the reading.

this "NO I DON'T WANNA" mentality seems is so very... republican.

You'll find the regulars here will take your post a lot more seriously without the knotty comments thankyou very much :)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
How do you edgegaurd with Zelda if you're not using Dins? Or are you just switching to Zelda for the KO power that sheik lacks?
Grab the ledge when your opponent up b's and punish the landing lag with a ledge-hop fair.

You make it sound as bad as PK Flash. I'm dead serious. Din's Fire is bound to hit. It's not that situational, either. It leaves you open, but you can cancel out any time you want. How much do you want to bet that about 95% of the time, depending on who you're fighting, you can spam Din's Fire in the beginning of a match and totally mindgame your opponent as he/she gets close. I know that's happened to me before and more than once, even though I know very well what is going to happen.
95% of the time? Yea I would take that bet in a heartbeat.

i love how this entire thread completely blew up in his face. jus sayin'...lol.
Not that I care or anything, but I did put at the end that most of you wouldn't care about what I put in the post.

who are you? and why are you listening to a sheik player who only uses zelda for her kill moves and to refresh sheik's attacks?
I use solo Zelda, it just depends. I use her for certain matchups and i'll even switch to her and stay as her if I feel I could be approaching a certain playstyle in a different way.

I also don't really switch to Zelda for the KO all that much, i'd rather kill a little later than take 70% switching to Zelda as she gets tossed around by Snake or G&W or any character like that.

you obviously don't know how zelda works as a character. she's not like other characters. she has no real approach. she has no aerial game. her dodge and roll skills are subpar. the one thing she does have going for her is her iron defense skills. she can punish almost any approach in the game (with the exception of course of marth's fair and mk's....well just mk in general). in order to force her opponents to approach, you have to pressure them. if you want them to approach a certain way, din's can be used for that.
I don't think you get it. Din's doesnt really pressure anyone and it doesn't force an approach. Wario could get a 1% lead and could run away the whole match while you sit and shoot fireballs.

sure, we can approach them via nair and a mid-air NL. that can hold them off for a bit.
A mid-air Naryu's love? wa? wa?

Just out of curosity marsalus do you ever go mono Zelda or do you always switch in between sheik and Zelda during matches?
Why does it matter to you? Lol I mean it's not like you don't have a Wario icon and a Wario and DK sig.

If you're basing all of these assumptions off of a few wifi friendlies.........then I don't know what to say.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Grab the ledge when your opponent up b's and punish the landing lag with a ledge-hop fair.
Thats kind stretching it and is not edgeguarding (as in, attacking the opponent as they are recoverying to try and gimp/ko), they have to be in a pretty exact position to do that anyway.

Not that I care or anything, but I did put at the end that most of you wouldn't care about what I put in the post.
Then why post it?

I don't think you get it. Din's doesnt really pressure anyone and it doesn't force an approach. Wario could get a 1% lead and could run away the whole match while you sit and shoot fireballs.
Which is why you dont do that against Wario. Nobody said it was great against any and every character. But, it does pressure some characters in some situations and yes, it does force on approach with some character like DDD, Iceclimbers, etc. because it actually does outcamp their projectiles.

Ok, I must admit that one I agree with you.

I thought I should post something in here eventually ;D Din's Fire is not a useless move. It is situational, and if used wrong highly unlikely to hit and is punishable, but you have to lrn2dins. Im glad you tried to come onto the boards and try to help are game, but coming here and posting a thread like this with that much negativity in it is not helping. Besides, we just had it in our move analysis, why didnt something like this pop up in there?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Thats kind stretching it and is not edgeguarding (as in, attacking the opponent as they are recoverying to try and gimp/ko), they have to be in a pretty exact position to do that anyway.

edge guarding= guarding the edge. This was just an example as I use a lot of different things to edge guard but the whole point of edgeguarding is to punish your opponents recovery in someway with the hope of taking their stock or racking as much damage as possible before they are safely on stage again.

If you are forcing them to up b onto the stage you are edgeguarding because your opponent did not reach the edge or the stage safely.

Then why post it?
why not?

Which is why you dont do that against Wario. Nobody said it was great against any and every character. But, it does pressure some characters in some situations and yes, it does force on approach with some character like DDD, Iceclimbers, etc. because it actually does outcamp their projectiles.
Listen Dins can not camp anyone. Even if DDD got a 1% lead on you it would be very likely that you would never hit with Dins and would be forced to approach yourself.

The only time it really forces an approach is at the beginning of a match and if you're forcing an approach.............it's against characters that always approach anyways.

Besides, we just had it in our move analysis, why didnt something like this pop up in there?
Because that thread was created for the purpose of discussing the positive aspects of moves..........and there is nothing positive that I have to say about Dins.

Oh and if you ever feel that a thread is dumb there is always the option of not posting in it. :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ok. This whole "get 1% lead" thing is great on paper but WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A REAL FIGHT. Believe it or not, people DO get hit with Dins at some point. As said already, they arent robots. They do make mistakes and Dins will hit. I dont know what else to say, its just that theory on paper and theory put into action are not the same. We are only human.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
ok apparently you can't see the sarcasm that was oozing out of that statement...seeing as i included zelda and combo in the same sentence.

edge guarding= guarding the edge. This was just an example as I use a lot of different things to edge guard but the whole point of edgeguarding is to punish your opponents recovery in someway with the hope of taking their stock or racking as much damage as possible before they are safely on stage again.

If you are forcing them to up b onto the stage you are edgeguarding because your opponent did not reach the edge or the stage safely.
you got the definition right, but your example was a little off. if your opponent lands on the stage, as according to your example, technically it wouldn't be edgeguarding because you'd be using your move AFTER YOUR OPPONENT IS SAFELY ON STAGE AGAIN (direct quote from above).

because it's a waste of time, energy, thread space, and makes you look silly.

Listen Dins can not camp anyone. Even if DDD got a 1% lead on you it would be very likely that you would never hit with Dins and would be forced to approach yourself.

The only time it really forces an approach is at the beginning of a match and if you're forcing an approach.............it's against characters that always approach anyways.

it's also very likely that you can pressure DDD to approach with dins because he has no real punishers against it. you are trying to use specific examples, and we've already CLEARLY STATED that dins is situational in terms of pressuring MULTIPLE TIMES. we've accepted your fact, but you seem to overexxagerate the situation.

Because that thread was created for the purpose of discussing the positive aspects of moves..........and there is nothing positive that I have to say about Dins.

well then you just wasted about an hour of your life. GENIOUS!!!!!

Oh and if you ever feel that a thread is dumb there is always the option of not posting in it. :)
and let imbeciles run around and spread nonesense about my princess? never.

there is one thing you did accomplish though...we now all realize how good din's actually it. it might be better than we thought it was before thanks to you trying to make it look bad. so....

ZELDA USERS UNITE AND MAKE FIREBALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Anyone who wants to say Zelda doesn't have any combo's can just be directed to her dtilt.

*facepalm* I make them up b UNSAFELY ONTO THE STAGE AND PUNISH THE LAG. Not that hard to understand.

I could care less if I look "silly" lmao.

Hour of my life? Thread took me like 10 mins lol.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
ok apparently you can't see the sarcasm that was oozing out of that statement...seeing as i included zelda and combo in the same sentence.

Anyone who wants to say Zelda doesn't have any combo's can just be directed to her dtilt.
lolz i don't consider that to be a combo. i consider a combo to be a string of 5 different moves. if you're talking about dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt...then that would be called a lock. if you were talking about dtilt>utilt or dtilt>fsmash or dtilt>buffer bair/fair, then that would be called a setup in my opinion.

*facepalm* I make them up b UNSAFELY ONTO THE STAGE. Not that hard to understand.
i just directly quoted you. i 100% understood that methond of "edgeguarding"...i'm just saying you contradicted yourself, thus making you appear as if you're unknowledgeable about what you're talking about.

I could care less if I look "silly" lmao.
well then continue posting. you're doing a great job at it.

Hour of my life? Thread took me like 10 mins lol.
well that explains why the original post was 100% unknowledgeable. you were just throwing out facts that weren't even thought out. and THIS IS WHY YOU LOOK LIKE AN IMBECILE.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Uh ok I think you already said this.

lolz i don't consider that to be a combo. i consider a combo to be a string of 5 different moves. if you're talking about dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt>dtilt...then that would be called a lock. if you were talking about dtilt>utilt or dtilt>fsmash or dtilt>buffer bair/fair, then that would be called a setup in my opinion.
5 different moves huh? Oh I get it now! You're talking about Melee! Sorry bro this isn't the Melee boards.........glad we got that cleared up.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
5 different moves huh? Oh I get it now! You're talking about Melee! Sorry bro this isn't the Melee boards.........glad we got that cleared up.
yea i realize this....and if you haven't noticed i'll stick with what i said. there are only a handful of characters in brawl with TRUE combos (ZSS, diddy kong, peach, and marth to name a few). now you're saying that i said that there are no combos in brawl, which is MOST CERTAINLY NOT THE CASE.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This thread has become pretty much exhausted now (and not just in my opinion either).

Mars you probably just have a misconception that Zeldas like to spam din's from afar and hope for the best without considering their options... which isn't the case. I also think you could have gone about saying the same message but a little differently.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom