• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dining Philosophers Mafia! Game Over - Who Won???

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
INB4Midterms for this as a response.

But you haven't bothered to push Potassium besides that one vote on him which never got a good justification (or did it get one? I forget). What was your intent in sending a message to someone with no visible suspicion of Potassium and why does your super limited play in this game not match up with the purposes of that message?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Masquerain claimed to have taken no action, so that means nothing should have stopped you unless Acrostic roleblocked you or there is another player who can prevent an action. Please respond to my other questions before finishing the catchup. I want to go to bed in like 20 minutes.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Going to bed now, I can claim to have one of RR's powers.

I do not like RR's claim and I will get to it the next time I can post.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Red Ryu attempting to make an action confirms the truth that Known attempted to use his. Known's willingness to out and condemn me along with putting priority makes me think he's town. RR seems fake already.

We really should sort all of this out.

#HBC | ѕoup

I got no confirmation but I was not told my action had failed.
I didn't receive this either, and I attempted to use mine. I don't believe it's apart of the mod mechanic this game. Question, does your read on Potassium and the alike still stand? Disregard my last post for a moment.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
Might be vla today. Skimmed the walls. Kantrip and Dabuz more solid town.
Down for soup or rr can't find brackets to.vote mobile

#HBC | ѕoup

Thinking about some things.

Joey, you plead to take no action? Dabuz, did you attempt to use an action? Kantrip has already confirmed that he didn't use his earlier on.

#HBC | ѕoup

Dabuz, this is your #286.

If I had to guess. Scum would be RR for sure, then Potassium when considering the amount of resistance he's put towards you.
Before the gambit, Potassium was null leaning town, after the gambit he is null leaning town. The gambit itself did nothing for my reads except for you Soup.
This is your response to me. Come now, really? You're making this way too easy for me.

Vote: Dabuz

#HBC | ѕoup

I had something else I wanted to say.

Known Mafia claimed to have attempted to use an action, he claims it failed. I am to the right of Known Mafia.
Red Ryu claimed to have attempted to use an action, he claims it failed. Red Ryu is to the right of Known Mafia.
I claim to use my action, which fails. TBG is to the right of me.

You know what's funny? You all shot me down about this before-hand trying to say it was bad, but here we are and you're basically confirming that you attempted to use your actions. Or at least, the majority.

Potassium, you implied that you did not use your action? TBG, did you use an action last night?

Joey claims to have taken no action too? Wouldn't that mean with Potassium and Joey claiming no action, that Dabuz successfully used one? You've already implied a PR claim of sort, so you can't duck out of this.

#HBC | ѕoup

Do I? Hm. I don't think it changes much. I can't get something out of a dead player, but the fact remains that Potassium/TBG claim no action, along with Joey. The only thing it really changes for me is if Dabuz attempted to do something last night.

#HBC | ѕoup

Doing this for reference.

Took action:
RR
Me
Known Mafia

Claims no action:
Potassium
Joey
TBG

????:
Dabuz
Acrostic

#HBC | ѕoup

Known Mafia what do you think of RR's claim to use an action along with your assumption that you attempted to use yours? Doesn't that confirm he's speaking the truth about using one? Does this change anything? What do you think about Dabuz literally contradicting himself?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I had something else I wanted to say.

Known Mafia claimed to have attempted to use an action, he claims it failed. I am to the right of Known Mafia.
Red Ryu claimed to have attempted to use an action, he claims it failed. Red Ryu is to the right of Known Mafia.
I claim to use my action, which fails. TBG is to the right of me.

You know what's funny? You all shot me down about this before-hand trying to say it was bad, but here we are and you're basically confirming that you attempted to use your actions. Or at least, the majority.

Potassium, you implied that you did not use your action? TBG, did you use an action last night?

Joey claims to have taken no action too? Wouldn't that mean with Potassium and Joey claiming no action, that Dabuz successfully used one? You've already implied a PR claim of sort, so you can't duck out of this.

This is your response to me. Come now, really? You're making this way too easy for me.

Red Ryu claims to have taken an action, however, with Masquerain claiming to have not taken an action, this means that RR would have picked up two forks, if the NR goes how I think it should, AKA NKs last, this means RR's action would be successful. From what people have been saying, I believe we do not get mod confirmation on the success of an action.
I made an action last night, but I have no idea if Acrostic did, since forks being picked up is first in in NR, Acrostic would determine if it went through. I got no confirmation of the success of my action.
Holy ****, you're trying to vote me now while ignoring the context of the gambit again and doing a terrible job of it.

School now, be back later tonight.

Known Mafia

Smash Apprentice
It explains why I didn't get one off, but it seems pretty tame. A joat with just two abilities thatre oneshot?
Wrt dabuz I think I wanna see an explanation before condemning him.

#HBC | ѕoup

Isn't there one fork situated between players, not two?

There is a fork situated between each two players
Yeah. Thanks mod!

You made an action? Wouldn't that mean it would go through?

Wait...what? Context of the gambit? Oh right, you were just saying that because of the gambit. I forgot. I don't think that means anything though because it still implies you had a reason to think that. Why lie?

#HBC | ѕoup

Context of a gambit doesn't mean anything. You had a reason. You went along with it and you thought it was RR/Potassium. And guess what? You believed me. You cannot hide this fact and you cannot say 'oh well gambit stuff haha' you openly believed me and say nothing to it. Explain.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 2.3;
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

dabuz [1] - soup
Known Mafia [0]
Potassium [1] - Red Ryu
Masquerain [0]
TBG [0]
Red Ryu [1] - TBG
soup [2] - Potassium, dabuz

Not voting [2] -Known Mafia, Masquerain

Day 2 ends 11.59PM GMT Friday 15th March

Deadline in under 25 hours!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Did not attempt to perform an action:
Kantrip
Joey
[??Acrostic??]

Therefore, the following people would have had their attempted actions go through:
Acrostic
Red Ryu
[??dabuz??]

A mafia member passing their fork to their partner is equivalent to using an action, because they are taking the fork to their right. This doesn't require the person to their left taking no action, though. Chances are very high that the mafia used the fork passing mechanic last Night. This means one mafia member took the fork to their right, and one mafia member sent in a Night Kill using theirs and their partner's forks.

11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Joey claimed that he was too inactive to send in an action. This implies that he has an action, and that it is an action he would have used, had he been active enough. However, due to this rule, he left his fork wide open for Red Ryu. Red Ryu has claimed an action that could be confirmed under normal circumstances, but he happened to target the player who died. How convenient. We can't confirm his action, it's one-shot so we can't get him to prove it again, Acrostic died so we don't even know if it went through or not (which allows RR to claim that without fear of Joey's claim screwing him over), and, hey, if Red Ryu got Tracked or otherwise traced to Acrostic's body, his claim covers that! What's more, dabuz has pseudo-counterclaimed Red Ryu's claim, stating that he possesses one of RR's two "JoaT" abilities! (These being a one-shot message send and a one-shot self-watch).

So onto reactions and play from Night Action mechanics. How does Red Ryu respond to dabuz's callout? He ignores it! How does he respond to the building wagon on himself? He tries to pressure TBG all of a sudden, citing it as "a lynch we can all agree on", and imploring two townread's of mine (Known Mafia through play and Joey by extension of not being partnered with RR) to join him! Otherwise, he ignores it!

Okay, let's take a break from recent developments and look back at pre-claim play. I display disinterest with Red Ryu at one point, saying "Ruy can duy." His response is to post a picture and turn the statement into a joke. Meta alert: Red Ryu jokes a lot more as scum than as town (small point, don't tear it apart). After I inform him the accusation was serious, we really don't take the conversation any further. Suddenly I'm a scumread of Red Ryu's. We have our votes on each other for a while, nothing happens, it becomes the next Day, Red Ryu CONTINUES to cling to his scumread on me. Meanwhile, I have dropped it and ask him "Why were we at each other's throats again?" No answer. I ask him again: "Why am I scum to you?" Still no answer, he never makes anything of his vote sitting on me, and now he has just jumped onto TBG (a lynch people wanted yesterDay but who has not even been on the table toDay) and thinks everyone is fine with that lynch. It's poor deflecting, it's pushing the lynch onto someone who is by and large a null read, and it is done in conjunction with 1. Blowing off the pressure on himself and not addressing it, and 2. Getting off his Kantrip vote that he was just sitting on without reasoning.

So those are some reasons Red Ryu is scum. As for scum partners, I am not looking at Joey, dabuz, or TBG. Known Mafia could be but he is a townread of mine, and my bets are soup for RR's partner. I have reasoning for that scumread too, and for why the work together, but I think that can wait until toMorrow after we get a scum flip from RR just so I don't waste my time laying it out on the chance I'm wrong.

So, let's lynch Ruy.

Vote: Red Ryu

Kantrip

Kantplay

No. A reads discrepancy is not a scum mistake.

Dislike how soup says "RR seems fake already" and then goes onto to "rethink some things" and ends up voting dabuz with poor reasoning (shown in the post I quoted). He was showing a dislike for RR but then ended up finding a reason to join a different wagon.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh and he needs to stop complaining about he's "carrying this game" because honestly he's doing a whole lot of nothing. Those constant musings of "oh look how I'm the only one doing things" is him playing it up for town points. I don't see progress thanks to soup, I see more confusion.

Known Mafia, dabuz, TBG, Joey, let's do this!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I feel a need to get to RR's claim ASAP.

Oh deadline in 2 days and a likely lynch, welp. **** school.

I'm Bertrand Russell, Town Jack of All Trades.

I have 2 powers,

The first, I can send an anonymous message to someone in the night writing whatever I want. Used it on Acrostic saying, "This is Red Ryu, I am sending a message, look at Kantrip tomorrow with me, :3"

The second, I can self watch myself. Seeing anyone who visits me.

All one shot.

Still working on reading.
Known Mafia and Acro were my strongest town reads at the end of Day 1, went with Acro.

And yes inb4midterms.
Acro is a town read of mine and could confirm my action.

and sorry but I'm trying to not **** up school this year.
Scumhunt, no, but idk how to use that to scumhunt sending anonymous messages.

Things that bother me:

-I have softclaimed having one of RR's two powers, I have unlimited usages of the power. From a setup POV, I don't see the reason to have two of the same relatively weak power on one town team.

-The reasoning WRT to Ryu's use of power doesn't line up with his logic or play. It looks like RR decided to use his power solely as a way to confirm his claim and sent a message to someone he read as town at the time in order to do this. The content of his message doesn't line up with his play and it doesn't look like even half an attempt to do something for the following reasons:

1. RR states a desire to look at Kantrip toDay, something he never did.
2. RR asks Acrostic, who doesn't have a suspicion on Kantrip, to look at him tomorrow. What is this going to accomplish compared to someone who is suspicious of Kantrip? The content of the message could have been anything since RR put in no effort into his play toDay anyway. I don't mean this just because he's busy with midterms, but because he's been posting enough to avoid prods, but hasn't responded to things going on even during his posts.
3. He doesn't think sending an anonymous message can be used for scumhunting, then why would he ask someone else to look at a player. This goes back to the fact that he's looking to have someone who can confirm his claim first and foremost.

Currently it looks grimy that RR is asking for a TBG lynch like this.

The claim was absolutely atrocious.

Soup, i'll try to respond to you night since I will be busy tommorow.

I may not be able to get anything more in before the deadline. Since IDC who dies between Soup and RR, i'm fine with whoever Potassium wants to kill out of the two which looks to be RR.

unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Also, to clarify, I attempted to use my power, but I have no idea if Acrostic attempted to pick up his fork. Since there is no confirmation on the success or failure of the power, I do not know if it went through.

ALSO, if RR flips mafia. Mafia will be unable to use their NK if EVERYONE picks up the fork to the right of them. This is because mafia will be unable to have two forks if everyone takes their fork, and it is mod confirmed that mafia needs two forks to use a NK.

Top Bottom