• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 9 Results 5/17/2014

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
vids (eventually): https://www.youtube.com/user/TourneyLocator

Singles (89 entrants)
1: GameGuys | Mojo :foxmelee::falconmelee::marthmelee:
2: MT :marthmelee::foxmelee:
3: AG | Arc :marthmelee:
4: Jake13 :foxmelee::falcomelee:
5: JF :falcomelee::ganondorfmelee:
5: Albert :falcomelee:
7: McBad :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Pho | Expensive Heat :falcomelee::marthmelee::foxmelee:...
9: LK :peachmelee:
9: disafter :foxmelee:
9: Oracle :sheikmelee::foxmelee:
9: Best friend John :luigimelee:
13: Jesus :luigimelee:
13: Moophobia :peachmelee::falcomelee:
13: Master Splitter :falconmelee:
13: Thoraxe
17: Penguin :falcomelee::foxmelee:
17: Mew
17: Denthorn :falconmelee::falcomelee:
17: Saravia :foxmelee:
17: poot :drmario:
17: Lunchables :marthmelee:
17: RedShadow
17: PK-Thunder :falcomelee:
25: PTJon :drmario:
25: nevake :foxmelee:
25: Pizzacato
25: Bwett :sheikmelee:
25: Quote :foxmelee:
25: Prodigial :peachmelee:
25: CT | Tloc| Denti :jigglypuffmelee:
25: Jolt135

Note: Losers R5 was Albert vs LK and JF vs Expensive Heat (Jose). Albert was swapped with JF so Dallas vs Dallas and Austin vs Austin wouldn't occur. Albert defeated Jose and went to play MT in R6, were MT won. In the future I don't think I will do bracket swaps again.

Doubles (24 teams)
1: GG | Mojo + Jake13
2: MT + AG | Arc
3: Disafter + JF
4: Mew + Moophobia
5: Penguin + poot
5: Thoraxe + McBad
7: Jesus + Christ
7: Oracle + Lunchables
9: Aliami + Scotch
9: Smooth + Cool
9: Albert + Nevakee
9: Bwett + Denthorn
13: Mr Pillowtalk + Jolt135
13: Waka Sama + hyrule hero
13: Quote + PTJon
13: Problemo + Thin Mint
17: Storm + UNT Fury
17: Crusty + Derf
17: Story Time + Goyo
17: Conr + Niko
17: Jaywovern + Tatt3rtw0t
17: Skit + Jdog
17: Lucid + Yawn
17: Tra$h + KDJ #2

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I can't believe I didn't make it out of pools.

Really well run tourney, thanks for running it all Gabe, still can't believe I didn't make it out. First time that's happened in, like, years.

Last edited:

MrClean

Smash Rookie
Very well run tourney. The stream was beautiful too. Today I saw the legendary jiggs shield break. Poor Austin ; _ ;
Can't wait for the next one. Nice job Gabe #FreeHamlin

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
@ hamyojo hamyojo

Regardless, I still got wrecked in Fox dittos, lol. Teach me how to be good at spacies please. I'm completely terrible at Fox dittos especially; Mojo just tripled the amount of times I've been 4-stocked in tournament.

Also, shoutouts to @kirbykid for being a low-tier god, @2-bit for being totally free, and @ W WaterlessFishie for results threads that come out on frame 1.

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
We should have Melee and P:M at DIME 10. The venue has been too good for us, so this is naturally the next step.

totes srs guise 100 purr scent

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Gabe once again proving that hes the best TO ever, even finishing before schedule! I can see myself improving without a doubt, super excited for an awesome summer of tournaments. All the tournament sets I recorded will be uploaded to TexasMelee within this week. If anyone wants footage of them playing on TV 11 (the second tv on the side row that was across from Gabe) message me and I'll get it to you.

@ Scaremonger Scaremonger I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to make KotH3 sooooo who knows when well actually have the crew battle. Its ok though, all the delays just make it more hype!

Last edited:

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I didn't make it out of pools.

Really well run tourney, thanks for running it all Gabe, still can't believe I didn't make it out. First time that's happened in, like, years.
to be fair you had the HYPEST match of the day

stop talkin about pm damn you kill me

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Gabe once again proving that hes the best TO ever, even finishing before schedule! I can see myself improving without a doubt, super excited for an awesome summer of tournaments. All the tournament sets I recorded will be uploaded to TexasMelee within this week. If anyone wants footage of them playing on TV 11 (the second tv on the side row that was across from Gabe) message me and I'll get it to you.

@ Scaremonger Scaremonger I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to make KotH3 sooooo who knows when well actually have the crew battle. Its ok though, all the delays just make it more hype!
I did 4 MM's in a row against you, Quot3, and Element Of Smash. What I really want is my back air>up Smash, but also everything else please!

BLOCKHEAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
nosepass
3DS FC
2079-7025-3330
Just want to say thanks again Gabe for another awesome Dime experience, Hopefully next time we can get some more SA players to come out. Also, Hamyojo those matches against PKT were 2 Hype! Last but not least thank you to Sethlon and Tadeo for your generous hospitality!

D

Deleted member

The tournament was pretty fun up until Hamlin decided to get diskish. I hate to be so obscene, but it's pretty damn rude when everytime I wobbled him he would either swat his hands at my controller or just blatantly unplug it. Hamlin was so full of it that at the end of the match he reseted the Gamecube, putting the stream on hold for a good few minutes while I had to go get a memcard for the cube.

I probably shouldn't have sandbagged in pools, but for a good amount of time after the match I had with Hamlin I just didn't want to play anymore. I ended up giving up the rest of my points to everybody else I needed to play in the pool primarily because of how I felt.

"I'm thirsty, let's take a drink mid match"

After I got my head back into the game and after forfeiting my points, I did end up playing (and winning 2-0) a set with a Marth player on stream who was in my pool since he told me that he needed practice.

@Everybody, Especially stream people (Infinity and Bec) and Waterless, I would really appreciate it if you mentioned both parts of my tag instead of mentioning only half of it. At DIME 9 I really felt like only half of me was there because of this. My current tag is 'Aliami + Mysti'.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I want to say so many things right now

gabe I'm doing this for you... it hurts.

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, if it comes down to it, we can just host it at one of our houses here in Allen. I have a CRT of my own, and @xoRi has a streaming/recording setup, so it's definitely feasible. Whatever you guys want to do. As long as all 4 members of both sides are present, I'm good.

BLOCKHEAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
nosepass
3DS FC
2079-7025-3330
@ UNTfury UNTfury thanks man! same to you, hopefully I can make it out to the next one so we can have a rematch : )

hamyojo

Smash Ace
The tournament was pretty fun up until Hamlin decided to get diskish. I hate to be so obscene, but it's pretty damn rude when everytime I wobbled him he would either swat his hands at my controller or just blatantly unplug it. Hamlin was so full of it that at the end of the match he reseted the Gamecube, putting the stream on hold for a good few minutes while I had to go get a memcard for the cube.

I probably shouldn't have sandbagged in pools, but for a good amount of time after the match I had with Hamlin I just didn't want to play anymore. I ended up giving up the rest of my points to everybody else I needed to play in the pool primarily because of how I felt.

"I'm thirsty, let's take a drink mid match"

After I got my head back into the game and after forfeiting my points, I did end up playing (and winning 2-0) a set with a Marth player on stream who was in my pool since he told me that he needed practice.

@Everybody, Especially stream people (Infinity and Bec) and Waterless, I would really appreciate it if you mentioned both parts of my tag instead of mentioning only half of it. At DIME 9 I really felt like only half of me was there because of this. My current tag is 'Aliami + Mysti'.
... You're really saying the reason you chose to sandbag in pools is because in the most friendly of friendlies (my ROY vs your ICs) I messed around and that threw you off? If your ability to focus and stay ready for a game can be faltered by something so silly there's no reason you should even bother coming to tournies.
And maybe, just maybe when I'm not playing in a tourney set I want to have fun, that's why it's called a friendly. You know what's not fun? Getting wobbled in friendlies. I was hoping to play a good, silly match with my Roy, I was not hoping to learn to do perfect shield pressure so I don't get punished by the most boring punish in the game.

I'm not sure why you would come to a tourney at this point. If you wanted to have fun and make friends, you wouldn't be wobbling in friendlies. If you desired results, well, you'd listen to advice more and actually get better. You have to choose one, otherwise you're just wasting everyones time. Either way you need to grow up a bit.

The oddest part is that I've been nothing but kind to you, and just because I was being silly in a two minute friendly you're calling me names and blaming me for your poor performance. We were even hanging out and having fun later in the event, I didn't hear a word of this until seeing this post!

Apprently I'm "diskish" "rude" and "full of it." I would have apolgized for being all of those to you if you brought them up to me after I, apparently, ruined your entire day. But you didn't, you're just calling me out here for no particular reason, anad I can't find any good reason to feel sorry for you.

Next time we play I'll be sure to do everything I did yesterday, plus plenty more, it'll be really fun.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, Albert should be above JF in this i believe, JF lost to LK in first or second around, while Albert only lost to MT both in winners and later in losers.

2cents

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, Albert should be above JF in this i believe, JF lost to LK in first or second around, while Albert only lost to MT both in winners and later in losers.

2cents
Albert is too good. That reverse 4stock on Best Friend John was one of the most hype moments of the whole tournament, and like 5 people saw it, lol. And this was, what, his 4th tournament? I wish I could do stuff like that at my 4th tournament.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
3rd actually, he went to Collected and KotH2 before DIME. So yea in three tournaments hes already pretty much the best person in DFW.....

I think seeing the character representation is always cool, anyone wanna help finish this?

1: GameGuys | Mojo :foxmelee::marthmelee::falconmelee:
2: MT :marthmelee::foxmelee:
3: AG | Arc :marthmelee:
4: Jake13 :foxmelee::falcomelee:
5: JF :falcomelee:
5: Albert :falcomelee:
7: McBad :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Pho | Expensive Heat
9: LK :peachmelee:
9: disafter :foxmelee:
9: Oracle :foxmelee:
9: Best friend John :luigimelee:
13: Jesus :luigimelee:
13: Moophobia :falcomelee:
13: Master Splitter
13: Thoraxe :marthmelee:
17: Penguin :falcomelee::foxmelee:
17: Mew
17: Denthorn
17: Saravia :foxmelee:
17: poot :drmario:
17: Lunchables :marthmelee:
17: RedShadow :younglinkmelee::foxmelee:
17: PK-Thunder :falcomelee::falconmelee:
25: PTJon :drmario:
25: nevake :foxmelee:
25: Pizzacato :samusmelee:
25: Bwett :sheikmelee:
25: Quote :foxmelee:
25: Prodigial :peachmelee:
25: CT | Tloc| Denti :jigglypuffmelee:
25: Jolt135 :falcomelee:

The guys I left blank are just cuz I know they play like every character... pretty sure everyone else is accurate

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah albert is definitely better than everyone in dfw right now lol

D

Deleted member

I did good at Smash Brother, I think I'm best because I play Falcon pliot and he killed the fox and the bird.

Ten Cents Nine was one of the best tournaments I have been to in awhile.

D

Deleted member

@Hamlin
I'm sorry I wobbled you in friendlies, but I need to practice the kill after getting a wobble. If you don't buffer an input for a D-smash or F-smash after a jab as popo, Nana won't do it in time and the two will just let the opponent go. If you don't want me to wobble you, indicate that before the match.

D

Deleted member

@Hamlin
I'm sorry I wobbled you in friendlies, but I need to practice the kill after getting a wobble. If you don't buffer an input for a D-smash or F-smash after a jab as popo, Nana won't do it in time and the two will just let the opponent go. If you don't want me to wobble you, indicate that before the match.
It's a common curiosity to not wobble during friendlies since it drags on the match longer than intended and makes the experience not fun and boring.

:)

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
So this event was solid:

* No matches with Hamlin
* Met Hodgy IRL
* Was a part of a sick double rest kill that will never leave my memory.(Friendlies, was stream strammed)
* Had a sick comeback in another doubles game. (Friendlies)
* Got reasonably bodied in tournament and on most friendlies.
* Had a heart-to-heart with another smasher
* Ate Wendy's
* Lost a 1$ money match and paid in soda.
* Discussed Denti's need for a Texan hat.
* Discussed Hamlin's desire for GodZilla.
And much more...

Great event! I hope that rest was recorded and goes on YouTube, so I can put that in my vault of embarrassing melee moments.

D

Deleted member

I did some okay commentary and matches, but you know how it is being on stream, if you're not good, it really doesn't matter whether or not you're there. I mean, of course you get the experience and pleasure, and of course the practice, but you don't get the respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
3rd actually, he went to Collected and KotH2 before DIME. So yea in three tournaments hes already pretty much the best person in DFW.....

I think seeing the character representation is always cool, anyone wanna help finish this?

17: Denthorn

The guys I left blank are just cuz I know they play like every character... pretty sure everyone else is accurate
Are you sure? I don't think Denthorn plays anyone besides Falcon.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my original post, but I want to give a big ****ing shoutout to @S0UPER HACKER for beating Ezra in tournament with Marth.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Denthorn was playing Falco, and Albert hasn't done enough to warrant "best in DFW" title yet

proper shoutouts to come when I'm not about to pass the **** out, but thanks to Gabe for being the awesomest TO ever

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to say it was great seeing everyone again and I hope you all had safe rides home.

MT_

Smash Ace
GGs to all. Gabe you ran an awesome tournament and I had a great tme. Thanks for housing me. Sorry to Arc for sucking in teams. Shout outs to Albert for really impressing me. It really won't be long until you become a serious threat in Texas. Well, that is if you have the drive/motivation to aim for the top. Hope to see you travel in the future and show the rest of Texas outside of Dallas that you are a force to be reckoned with.

New blood makes me excited teehee.

Also **** fly guys and Falcon punch.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Shout outs to every Falco player. There's too many.

Also, shout-outs to AG | Arc for the hype set in bracket.
I will forever cherish that it was a 2-1, and not a 2-0.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Albert is too good. That reverse 4stock on Best Friend John was one of the most hype moments of the whole tournament, and like 5 people saw it, lol. And this was, what, his 4th tournament? I wish I could do stuff like that at my 4th tournament.

Yeah that was insane lol It makes me feel bad watching him play lol.

But the hype he brings to DFW melee is nice...o so nice

Top Bottom