• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dime 4 Melee+PM results!

Oracle

Smash Master
PM Doubles- 4 Teams
1: UTDZac and John :pikachu: and :mario: ($30.00)
2: Oracle and Denthorn :lucas: :lucas: ($10.00
3: Gabe and Zachattack
4: Unit and One

Pm Singles- 15 entrants
1: Oracle ($45.00) :lucas:
2: Zachattack ($22.50) :toonlink:
3: Disafter ($7.50) :mario: :dk:
4: UTDZac :pikachu:
5: Bwett :squirtle:
5: Glaive :ivysaur:
7: Hamlin :lucas:
7: Chaz :ganon:
9: mr clean
9: cory :pit:
9: Lumpy
9: theFierceBoss
13: Volt Krueger
13: Aidin
13: aliami :ness:
Melee Doubles- 5 teams
1: Disafter and Oracle ($40.00)
2: Cameron and Gabe ($10.00)
3: Penguin and Denthorn
4: Glaive and UTDZac
5: 2Bits and a Byte
Melee Singles- 21 Entrants
1: Disafter ($63.00) :fox:
2: Oracle ($31.50) :luigi:
3: Thoraxe ($10.50) :falco: :marth:
4: Gabe :fox:
5: Penguin :falco:
5: Zachattack :marth:
7: hamlin :yoshi:
7: Chaz :ganondorf:
9: Volt Krueger
9: Humbone
9: Aliami
9: Stolas
13: mr clean
13: Evan
13: Michael
13: 2Bit
17: Thox
17: Byte
17: Storytime
17: Glaive
25: Oseph
Money raised for ltc 2- $93!!! thats $7 less than the entire fund we had for the first one! Thanks to gabe for hosting and organizing the venue and whatnot, and for letting me charge for the ltc fund. ggs everyone fun tournament

D

Deleted member

Well, I did surprisingly well in Melee.
DAT PUFF DI. GG to everybody!

Stuff I want to say I guess:
2: Oracle:GGs, dude. Thanks for those extra tips! Can't wait for LTC2!
4: Gabe: Sorry about all the bull****. Thanks for setting all this up nonetheless!
5: Penguin: I still hate you, lol.
5: Zachattack: Nice work in Melee and P:M. Your Toon Link is pretty crazy from what I saw.
7: hamlin: Dat Yoshi. You didn't Egg me so I couldn't Rest Exploit, damn you.
7: Chaz: GGs, even though I was pretty salty and freaked out.
9: Aliami: Oh hai der, self.
17: Storytime: Glad you came dude, and I hope to see you at more tournaments!
17: Glaive: Nice to see another Puff player coming to tournaments! Those where some fun friendlies!
25: Oseph: Good matches dude. Keeping work on that Falcon and you'll get really good!
999999: Scotch, Torin, TR8NR, and Jake: GET OVA HERE.

Shouts to that one guy that did that F-Zero Friendly and P:M/Melee match with me.
Also shoutouts to that one guy who just let get a free rest in game 2 when I asked for one lol.

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts later. Thanks to Gabe and Rob just for being TOs
Edit: Can we get some bracket images up? I want to see me in P:M and Melee
:toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
First time getting top 8, and I did it in both brackets! Yussss
In Melee I only went Fox once, not sure if that's a good thing or not. Oh well!

Shout outs to Denthorn, Sethlon, Awestin, and whoever else that's better than me for not playing so that I could do well :awesome:

Also shout outs to Zach for destroying losers bracket in P:M then taking second

D

Deleted member

2-Bit recorded some of early melee before he left. If he stayed to record crews or me in P:M losers that would of been great :(

D

Deleted member

Aww, do you know why he left early? Would have been great to see the P:M videos for studying preferences.

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
woooo 17th lolololol man this was a blast. Again, I wanted to stay longer and play my match in Losers but time constraints suuuuck~ thanks for all the friendlies and advice too~ I'll never forget 2-bit and his 100 packets of salt.

MrClean

Smash Rookie
Yes, 9th place in PM!!! HUGE improvement from not taking a game off anyone at Low Teir City! Thanks to the TOs for making this a great second tourney experience.
- Sorry for timing you out Volt
-Took a stock in a crew battle. DAT INSURANCE, MRCLEAN TAKIN' OUT THE TRASH.

D

Deleted member

1: Oracle - Well what can I say, P:M was a great experience and I feel silly for ragequitting in winners. I don't know how I was able to make 2nd and plow my way through losers. Is this enough proof to say I'm an acceptable/valid player in DFW now? I felt left out of the group in a lot of conversations and pretty much most of what happened.
2: Zachattack - Take at least 1 game off of Oracle, and then we will talk
3: Disafter - I get that you will get frustrated during a set and I know similar struggles. From mental issues I have a large social disability and I become nervous and break down fairly easily. Anyways, I feel like you should stick to 1 character. Game 1 with DK you were up 3 to 1 in stocks. I adapted and took 2 of your stocks while only taking 40% and flushed out your last one. Going mario was a smart choice since its a 60-40 matchup, you get a lot out of grabs, gimp me hard, and just well... Do mario neutral game stuff really. Also the sheik pick was really silly.
4: UTDZac - You have a lot of bad habits coming towards my shield. You'll just like approach with something random and I can either up b out of shield if you're behind me (Which you avoid by either shielding or CCing it), or I'll grab into d throw. D throw I can follow up on your DI but you generally want to DI behind me and jump the **** away from me to escape follow ups. At lower %s I think I just get a free followup but later I have to predict where you will run to. You didn't know how to react though so I could just up smash into everything. Another thing to note though is if you DI behind me to get away from D throw, you DO have to worry about Fthrow because it's a DI mixup and I can get a free Fsmash/Fair. If you want me to go in detail about everything I know and how bad TL is, then message me on wherever.
5: Bwett - I thought I could just marth you and be like w/e but it doesn't work! Game 2 my boomerang gimp was really sad and game 3 I noticed recovery habits so I just pulled out a Dair like I do on wifi. Impressive Squirtle... I haven't looked into him though so I don't know what the hell he does.
7: Hamlin - Your lucas punishes aggro behavior of which I noticed in friendlies, and TL has amazing platform camping. So I just ran from you game 1 and that was it. Game 2 was weird, I picked bad options but if you won I would of just marth'd you...
7: Chaz - To be honest, I don't play falco. I just saw ganon and thought of hey free set, I was wrong. I was scared until I realized I can run from you for 6 minutes.
9: mr clean - Lots of bad habits, and picking up a silly character. A lot to learn but it looks like you've gotten a lot down.
9: cory - I love you so much. Young Zach to Adolescent Zach... where am I now though? Do I get a promotion? :colorful:
Gabe - Our set... what happened? game 1 I just outplayed you, game 2 I had the gimp to set the game even but just ****ed it up, and game 3 you threw it away. We could both learn a thing or 2 it seems... ALSO 4TH AGAIN
Thoraxe - Go **** yourself :(
Penguin - You mean nothing to me now. You shamed the name of falcon itself, you're almost as bad as a sheik player. </3
aliami: Pretty sure you have like no one respecting you right now. Might want to apologize for all the **** you've caused for the people in threads.
If all of my P:M losers matches were recorded... oooooooooh.... Some of melee was recorded right?

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
K it's been a few days and the tourney isn't fresh in my mind so shoutouts are gonna be minimal

Aliami - looooooooooooooool any time you want that money back feel free to hit me up. Once you get a little better I may even have to start choosing my own character against you :dkmelee:
Disafter - ggs we need to play some friendlies next time
Gabe - If encouraging you to keep trying is going to cost me money at future tournaments I'll just let you sandbag away kk? <3<3<3 (its interesting to think that just giving you that look changed the outcome of the tournament so drastically though)

I played some friendlies with a guy whose face I remember but can't attach to a name, Humbone maybe?

Hey wait where did Denthorn go did he not enter singles how did I not notice that until this second wtf.

D

Deleted member

I did better than I have in the past in Melee singles...
Time to aim for top 8 next tournament!

Also Penguin, come at me bro. :088:

Post tournament note(s):
Shoutouts to GM171 for Nus tips through Skype after the tournament!
Time to really re-work the P:M metagame. It's Fobbling time.

Shoutouts to Ezra for Puff tips after the tournament. Next time, I won't get bodied by Hamlin. :dedede:

Top Bottom