• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI'ing Wiimote and Nunchuck

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I'm new to Di'ing and just found out about it a few days ago. Is it possible to DI using the wiimote and nunchuck? Ive heard that u have to tilt the c-stick a certain way. The problem is Wii mote and nunchucks have no c-stick so is there someway to smash DI with Wiimote and nunchuck?

LLDL

Smash Hero
It doesn't have anything to do with the C-stick (Yellow stick). You just tilt the control stick (analog stick) in the direction that you want to DI. Won't make a difference at high percentages in brawl though.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
anymore info, i heard theres a need for combination of both the analog and yellow stick to do a certain DI.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You don't.

Get a Gamecube controller, pro.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
DI can be done on the wiichuk, I'm not sure about QCDI (never tried it, dunno how)
DI, SDI, QCDI and any other i missed out is possible on GCN controller.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
The GC semms hard to aerial with, the jump button is directly above the A button. Is there someway u can use the wiimote and nunchuck for SDI'ing

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I did set dpad to dsmash, i also set upad to usmash. And i dont have a GC controller, i saw a pic off it online labeling the controlls. It seems your gonna need your thumb to control 2 buttons one after the other. It just seems hard, plus is it worth starting all over again. I dont have a GC so i never played melee. Is it worth it

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's not that hard, +it's good excercise for your thumb. I hated going from Wiichuk to GC controller, but within a week I turned a lot better. Just do it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How old are you, really?

You just learned DI, and this was your very first time seeing a GCN controller.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
So how long wud it take to get to my original skill level with wiichuck using GC controller. @Straked: Im 13. Its not my first time seeing it, but i last used one a long time ago. Do know i grew up with dreamcast not gamecube. So I never held a GC controller much. Not to mention I didnt even have one.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
SDI is C-stick, DI is analog stick. SDI is useful.
Brawl has been out for over a year and people still dont know the difference between SDI and regular DI... You DONT need the c-stick to SDI but it helps, if you use the c stick as well as the normal joystick, its counts 2 directional inputs at the same time meaning you can SDI out of multi hit attacks faster, like snakes nair, zelda's usmash, ness' side B, etc etc... You get the idea.

SDI = Smash Directional Influence: Used during hitlag, achieved by pressing the joystick and/or cstick, moving you (more like teleporting you) with every input during hitlag. Just try it out with a smartbomb and you'll see what Im talking about.

DI = Directional Influence: Its what its called... You just push the joystick in any direction to influence the direction youre going. For example, you get hit with ness' fsmash, you want to DI up and aim for the corners in order to live longer, or DDD chaingrabs you across the stage and you know hes going to end the cg with a dtilt, you DI UP to survive, otherwise you die. One of the things that sets pros and newbies apart, pros live a lot longer because they know how to DI properly (aim for the corners).

If that's not enough for you and you'd like to learn more then read http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

Also, the controller you use is up to you... I know people who use wiichuck, people who use gc controllers and people who use the wiimote sideways (lol). Hope that helps.

How old are you, really?

You just learned DI, and this was your very first time seeing a GCN controller.
At least hes trying to learn, not like you people that still think (brawls been out for over a year!) that sdi is cstick and di is joystick. Get your facts right before jumping at the guy's throat. Go read the thread I linked and educate yourselves.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Brawl has been out for over a year and people still dont know the difference between SDI and regular DI... You DONT need the c-stick to SDI but it helps, if you use the c stick as well as the normal joystick, its counts 2 directional inputs at the same time meaning you can SDI out of multi hit attacks faster, like snakes nair, zelda's usmash, ness' side B, etc etc... You get the idea.

SDI = Smash Directional Influence: Used during hitlag, achieved by pressing the joystick and/or cstick, moving you (more like teleporting you) with every input during hitlag. Just try it out with a smartbomb and you'll see what Im talking about.

DI = Directional Influence: Its what its called... You just push the joystick in any direction to influence the direction youre going. For example, you get hit with ness' fsmash, you want to DI up and aim for the corners in order to live longer, or DDD chaingrabs you across the stage and you know hes going to end the cg with a dtilt, you DI UP to survive, otherwise you die. One of the things that sets pros and newbies apart, pros live a lot longer because they know how to DI properly (aim for the corners).

If that's not enough for you and you'd like to learn more then read http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

Also, the controller you use is up to you... I know people who use wiichuck, people who use gc controllers and people who use the wiimote sideways (lol). Hope that helps.

At least hes trying to learn, not like you people that still think (brawls been out for over a year!) that sdi is cstick and di is joystick. Get your facts right before jumping at the guy's throat. Go read the thread I linked and educate yourselves.
Thanks a lot for the info. It really helped me. So I guess I don't need to get a GC controller unless im buying melee. lol

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

You won this round :freak:

But next time I'll be sure to make a long *** comment to explain it.
Lol, I'm lying, I'm still going to mislead people.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I can't believe no one mentioned the Shake Smash. Shake Smash=C-Stick. You can use it for SDI, Momentum Cancelling, even DACUS'ing. I've done it, and I don't main thw Wii-Chuck.

Of course, it comes at the price of looking hella stupid, shaking your way out of a move or something of that nature.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
well the main problem if is that if you're an energetic person, you'll be shaknig it anyway and doing smashes needlessly, which is pretty much the main reason people keep it off.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I likewise can't believe that nobody mentioned setting the directional pad on the wiimote part of wii-chuck to smash. It is also equivalent to the C-Stick, and it's actually a lot easier to rapidly repeat pressing a button than smashing and resetting the c-stick.

Zofer

Smash Rookie
If you were to set your Dpad to the c-stick function, which button would you set to grab?

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
cba reading the whole thread, but i got some answers for you.

DI, just tilt the joystick on the nunchuck the way you wanna fly.

SDI, set the upp and down D pad to smashes, and you got upp/down SDI

Dacus: Just run, dpad down, dpad upp.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Why are people talking nonsense? You can SDI with the regular control stick. The C-stick is just for doing it faster by alternating between it and the control stick.

SKidd

Smash Master
^this

also, no one mentioned you could jump with X as well.

Top Bottom