• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difficulties Edge Guarding Sheiks recovery

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
Essentially the title says it all, only thing it doesn't say is I only have the issue when the Sheik is either A. constantly sweet spotting U-B to the edge, or when I attempt to chase him off the stage to stop his recovery, his U-B's invincibility frames almost always prevent me from finishing them off unless I manage to catch them before they start recovering which is rare for me. Is there anything I'm missing?

Also if this is posted somewhere else, sorry just refer me to it and I'll just read that ^.^

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Once you get her off, all you need to do is force her to use her Up+b.

Take the ledge and when she lands onstage, ledgehop a move, roll onstage and f-smash her back off, or other stuff. She suffers from a lot of landing lag, so you have time for almost anything.

She can try to trick you and poof right above the ledge so that when you go onstage to punish, she can just grab the ledge. If you think that'll happen just WD back on the ledge or just stay there.

Make sure you use your invincibility frames properly or else the explosion will knock you off or she'll slap you while you're hanging there.

Signia

Smash Lord
If her double jump isn't going to enough to get her back on, she's toast if you just repeatedly grab the ledge, forcing her to Up-B onto the stage and get hit back off from the lag.

TresChikon pretty much covered it.

Some specific ways to hit her back off once you've forced her to use her laggy up B:
-Waveland onto the stage, dash, pivot, space a tipper Fsmash
-Waveland onto the stage, face her, reverse Up B
-Ledgehop dair, Fsmash/reverse Up B
-Ledge get-up, Dthrow Dtilt

Also don't try to drop-zone her, attack her from the stage, or Counter edgeguard.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i used to kill sheiks with eaze until you friend started doing this >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd7KZS606yE&feature=related

i think once you get sheik off with a strong hit , just immediately follow to the ledge . from my experience baiting her jump with bair is especially good.
the way I edgeguard sheik is that when she upbs onto the stage we look for uptilts/pivot upbs.

sheik is such a pain lol

hope this helps

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I really love me some ledgehop nair vs sheik.

you should time your edge grab so that if they come early you'll still have invincibility. If they go late it doesn't even matter.

basically, if they try to go past you or for the edge, they get naired and hit out. if they use the teleport part of their upb, you can fsmash. I dont think there are any holes in the edgeguard unless you mess up.

actually one, if they can SDI out of the nair.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Just jump out there with a charging neutral - B. The shiek will usually panic and up-B away from the stage to her doom.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Watching M2k edgeguard Sheik with Marth gives you the best insight.

Once your experienced enough to know when you can hit Sheik out of the upB (mainly Sheik's initial pop up can be hit). Then you just need to understand your options.

For example, in gimping situations such as you dthrow them off close to the stage. You basically have several options:

1. You expect the early upB/rising aerial and you dtilt/fsmash/shffl dair/etc. the move.

2. You expect a double jump safe recovery in which you can do above, or take a risk and run off dbj dair/fair/nair

3. You take the edge if you feel you have the time.

If you take the edge and the Sheik is right below you (ie from a dthrow or such) you also have some options:

1. Immediately ledgehop nair/dair if they haven't upB'd yet and you know they still have their double jump.

2. Hold the edge intending to force them on the stage.

If you take the edge and they are recovering from a distance and can upB either on the stage or explode at the edge you have several options as well:

1. Take the edge and learn the timing for just getting up, if you get up right when the first explosion happens they can not grab the and it gives you more time to grab or uptilt/fsmash them back off if they went for the stage.

2. Take the edge and if you predict/bait an on the stage recovery to ledgehop waveland to tipper fsmash.

3. If they lost their double jump with the right trajectory shieldbreaker or bair will always work. They have no way to avoid it other than getting hit or not making it to the edge.

It's very important to understand these situations and properly mix them up at higher levels. A lot of people just try edgegaurds without even considering the situation or trying to condition the opponent. For example, dthrowing to dtilting the edge two or three times in a row and see if they get hit or safely jump. And edgegaurd from there.

Top Bottom