• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different ways to shinespike

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
Since we all know shinespiking isn't nearly as effective (but still useful) as in Melee, I'v been trying to think up some new ways to shinespike instead of simply knocking the opponent off stage, jump after them and shine.

I'm sure many of you know this, but one way I find effective is when an opponent is near the edge, shine, dash off the edge, and shine again. Works nearly every time if you have good timing, plus, no jump is required. Usually it's best at lower percentages.

Does anyone else have any alternative methods?

Duff0

Smash Ace
I sometimes shine, dash of the edge, shine, fast fall (or go the direction they go), shine again, and jump back on. Still working on it but I'm getting good results ^_^

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I haven't found any innovative shine strategies. I find that 2 shines off the edge is enough to kill many characters. Often dashing off the edge, fast falling and shining once, followed by a jump and another shine. That works well for Marth anyway. I know this is a pretty basic technique but it's really all I've got right now.

Other than that, I try and read an opponents recovery and intercept them with a shine. Ideally they are below the stage and it often finishes them off.

Um... that's about it. I just wanted to contribute :p

Top Bottom