• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's grab game

f4lc0_m0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
I find myself in alot of situations where i could grab my opponent but then which way to throw?
Then other times i dont know how to set someone up for a grab.

Can you give me some tips on grabbing?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I myself just throw strait down. Its rather quick, and it always throws them behind you. Disorienting I suppose.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Throwing doesn't do much good by itself in this game. Especially using Diddy. Most of the time this question can be answered with another question: "Which way should I throw them that best sets up for a combo?"

Diddy's forward and backward throws set the opponent up for aerial attacks pretty well at low percentage. His downward throw I've found is a lot harder to follow up on, since it knocks them farther and not as high.

At higher percentages, throwing them off the stage leads well into a FAir K.O., a DAir spike, or several other good edgeguarding maneuvers. If you aim right, you might even be able to pull off an off-stage Hump directly from a throw. :)

Diddy's up throw can lead into a lot of things as well. At lower percents it can lead into aerial attacks pretty well, and at higher percents you might be able to finish them with an UAir.

In general, Diddy's throws are not great, but they can be good combo starters if you pick the right throw, and follow it up quick enough. I certainly wouldn't recommend grabbing all the time, as it gets predictable pretty fast. But it is good to mix things up. Diddy is all about being unpredictable. :)

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
a low percents upthrow and try to fair or bair them depending on their di. when they get to higher percents and u try to throw combo you just get hit in face. if u get a grab off at high percent just throw then pull bananas

Top Bottom