• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs Wolf Help

BP4807

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble fighting Wolf as Diddy. My friend who uses him likes to spam his projectile, and while it doesn't have great range, it's powerful and is enough to keep me from being able to lead him into the bananas. He also slowly approaches me with his shots so that the edge of the stage is the edge of his range, but there's not much room on the other side to jump over there. I've tried rolling around the shots but I don't have enough time to throw the banana and continue to dodge shots. And if I just roll all the way to him, he spams his F smash or reflector.

I do have more luck when I get him to slip on the bananas, but by the time that happens I'm already way up in damage. And I'm not having much luck without bananas because of his bad priority. So, how should I go about fighting a Wolf like that?

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
You can actually just duck from Wolf's shots, unlike Fox/Falcos. I've taken his advantage of crawling for that.

Samigi

Smash Cadet
You can't force the bananas out.....use them when he least expects them. For example, I tend to throw them when the person is jumping towards me. The first banana hits them right in the face causing them to fall down. I then somersault my way through him and throw out the second. You have to use the bananas intelligently. I never have a problem against Wolf, and my friend was like born to play him.

Cronos_1

Smash Rookie
You can duck under Wolf's Blaster also the way you phrased everything it sounds like you're completely reliant on his Banana's while Diddy's Nanners are one of his biggest pro's they're not the only ones...take advantage of his massive aerial game.

BP4807

Smash Rookie
Ok great thanks. I didn't even think about crawling, that does work well. And over the past few days my banana game has gotten much better, resulting in more wins. Thank you all for the replies!

Top Bottom