• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy vs. Luigi

Grandeza

Smash Master
Well I'm having a lot of trouble picking between Luigi and Diddy. I'm leaning towards Diddy but is there anyone here who can 100% convince me that Diddy is better?

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Neither are better than the other, both have pros and cons, pick the one that you have fun playing. There are no tiers in Brawl so don't let anything anyone says influence your choice.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Well in every fighting game there are tiers no matter how balanced it is. It's a fact considering tiers are based on tourney results. I am most probably going for Diddy.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Oops, my computer sucks, sorry for double post.

And tiers in Brawl would be pointless. Tourney results only prove which player is better, not which character. If they hold a Tourney and the winner plays Diddy but a person who lost halfway through was playing Luigi, are you going to say Diddy is better?

See what I mean?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well yeah, but TECHNICALLY, tiers exist because video games are purely deterministic. A game given the exact same input produces the exact same output. Theoretically, this means there is a technically superior character in the game for winning matches.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm not saying yall are wrong for saying so and so is top tier matieral or anything, mainly I just see so many posts about character tiers in Brawl and I just can't help but respond to them.

But in the end Brawl's character roster is so balanced that tiers aside, it really only comes down to player skill. And in my opinion, people categorizing characters into tiers back during Melee did nothing but ruin the tournament scene. The only characters I ever saw playing in tournament matches were "high tier" ones, like Marth/Peach/Shiek/C.Falcon/ and Fox.

But I doubt tiers will have that same effect on Brawl, since eventually people will realize how little it matters and they will pick their characters based on personal preference, rather than what somebody says about tiers.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Lol, well I think Diddy looks mad fun to play, and I'll probably end up playing him a ton. But I still love Luigi, been playing him since Smash64 and he'll probably be my actual main.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Luigi has been my main since 64. Then in Melee I made Peach my 2nd best next to him. Now in Brawl i'm makeing Diddy my 3rd best next to them 2. I believe in teir list , but I mained those characters becuz i like them. I think its stupid to not main a character u like just becuz of a tier list. Lol i for one usually main people low on tier list just to out shine people. I won a couple melee tournaments wit Luigi. It just takes alot of mind games to beat a person that is a higher tier then u. It's harder, but its possible. Hmm but thats me, I like having a challenge and not just jump on a character becuz u can pull easy wins wit them.

pesticide

Smash Lord
i think every person that's posted so far has a luigi avatar XD

look at hiroshi's impressions thread to see what's great about diddy. theres not much to not like about diddy (maybe his popgun, but we`re still finding uses)

bceagles

Smash Cadet
Luigi is (as far as i know) stronger than diddy. However, Diddy is faster, has a better recovery, and is cooler than luigi. Luigi has the green missle, diddy has his rockets. But when you look at their b special, Diddy has an awesome peanut gun, while Luigi has a crappy fireball. I believe diddy is better, although i plan on maining both. Why dont you?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Neither are better than the other, both have pros and cons, pick the one that you have fun playing. There are no tiers in Brawl so don't let anything anyone says influence your choice.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Luigi is (as far as i know) stronger than diddy. However, Diddy is faster, has a better recovery, and is cooler than luigi. Luigi has the green missle, diddy has his rockets. But when you look at their b special, Diddy has an awesome peanut gun, while Luigi has a crappy fireball. I believe diddy is better, although i plan on maining both. Why dont you?
Bull ,Bull, utter bull. Luigi has a much better recovery... Forward B, Up B oh WAIT Down B rises him in the Air HIGH. Diddy is extremely vunerable in the air. Diddy has a below average recovery, and relies on strategy to recover. Diddy is overall stronger than Luigi!
Knock=/damage. Diddy Down smash, forward smash do ALOT of damage. Same with tilts. Luigi has less of that Diddy power, but his moves have more knockback. It gets hard to kill with Diddy at some points in the battle, and can result in your death(he still has killing moves, but not as much as Luigi) Diddy has a faster RUNNING speed, but overall has the same speed in attacks as Luigi. Diddy has 2 projectiles, while Luigi does not have any. Luigi FS in my opinion is only slightly better than Diddy. I used to think that Diddy had the crappiest FS in the game! I was dead wrong, with good control skill you can maneuver the field easily, and has great killing potential. Luigi FS is amazing which can guarantee a kill if you land it properly.

In conclusion Luigi is pretty much equal to Diddy. Both have pros and cons.
But your wrong on Diddy being cooler, a mentally ill chimp who used to be able to speak is not cool by having geeky rocket barrels and wooden guns. Luigi is a Mario Bros. A legend to diddy.

Outside Brawl: Luigi>>>>>>Diddy.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
No! Use Luigi, he's much cooler than a mentally ******** animal.

Cowardice>Mental ***********.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Luigi has a much better recovery... Forward B, Up B oh WAIT Down B rises him in the Air HIGH. Diddy is extremely vunerable in the air. Diddy has a below average recovery, and relies on strategy to recover.
You obviously have not seen someone play Diddy well. :rotfl: Diddy's recovery is INSANE! If you use his moves effectively, Diddy can recover from pretty much ANYTHING, even if he's lost his second jump! Watch PaOol's combo video and THEN say Diddy is vulnerable in the air! The air (and off the stage even) is Diddy's playground! He even has THREE spikes! :laugh:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149918

In conclusion Luigi is pretty much equal to Diddy. Both have pros and cons.
I'm not going to argue with this. They seem pretty close, though they have very different styles of play.

But your wrong on Diddy being cooler, a mentally ill chimp who used to be able to speak is not cool by having geeky rocket barrels and wooden guns. Luigi is a Mario Bros. A legend to diddy.
This I must disagree strongly with. Diddy is friggin' sweet. I mean... how could a Chimp with a huge Jetpack dual-wielding pistols not be cool? :)

Btw, Diddy never had the ability to talk, silly. :laugh:

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
You obviously have not seen someone play Diddy well. :rotfl: Diddy's recovery is INSANE! If you use his moves effectively, Diddy can recover from pretty much ANYTHING, even if he's lost his second jump! Watch PaOol's combo video and THEN say Diddy is vulnerable in the air! The air (and off the stage even) is Diddy's playground! He even has THREE spikes! :laugh:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149918

I'm not going to argue with this. They seem pretty close, though they have very different styles of play.

This I must disagree strongly with. Diddy is friggin' sweet. I mean... how could a Chimp with a huge Jetpack dual-wielding pistols not be cool? :)

Btw, Diddy never had the ability to talk, silly. :laugh:
You call yourself a Diddy fan? DK 64 ring a bell? He could SPEAK!

Plus Luigi has more options for a recovery. Side B for horizontal recovery. Down B for a vertical and Up B for your last chance. Diddy has 1 and half. Yes his **** may recovery but it's nothing spectacular, as well as his jetpack leaves him vunerable.

PS: Before Rare left, Diddy was cool! He had his own game, Diddy kongs quest! But after the departure of Rare, Diddy just kept getting stupider and stupider to the point of mental *********** (In Mario Sports Titles he can say his name, but in Brawl...)

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
You call yourself a Diddy fan? DK 64 ring a bell? He could SPEAK!
Riiight... you realize every time one of the Kongs talk in that game they are all "Think Bubbles". They don't really talk, and none of they're voices actually say any real words. :rolleyes:

Plus Luigi has more options for a recovery. Side B for horizontal recovery. Down B for a vertical and Up B for your last chance. Diddy has 1 and half. Yes his **** may recovery but it's nothing spectacular, as well as his jetpack leaves him vunerable.
I wasn't aware that the new Luigi's down-B could help him recover. That would make a big difference.

Though I'm still saying you still haven't seen a good Diddy fight. He has his Side-B, which is pretty much an extra jump in the air (be it horizontal). The Side-B is what makes Diddy's recovery awesome. No matter how many times Diddy is edge-guarded he can always use that extra "jump" to get him closer to the stage. The Side-B may not be a lot just by itself, but it pretty much guarantees he'll be able to reach the stage with his up-B.

Sure, the Up-B does leave Diddy vulnerable if you land from it, but hardly any Up-B move doesn't. The thing about Diddy's up-B is that it makes him able to reach the ledge from far away. Once you can master the aiming, you can reach the ledge from almost anywhere off the stage. And now with the new auto-grab system, you don't have to worry about over-shooting.

Then theres the extra hidden awesomeness of Diddy's jetbarrels. If he's attacked while using them, they fly off and explode, most likely hitting your attacker, which not only saves your ***, but can even kill them with that hit. This makes Diddy's Up-B even better.

PS: Before Rare left, Diddy was cool! He had his own game, Diddy kongs quest! But after the departure of Rare, Diddy just kept getting stupider and stupider to the point of mental *********** (In Mario Sports Titles he can say his name, but in Brawl...)
Diddy Kong's Quest = Donkey Kong Country 2.

In none of the real DK games could Diddy or any other kong really talk (they all just make chimp noises like both Diddy and Donkey do in Brawl).

The Mario Sports titles are a joke. And I couldn't give a **** if they make monkeys talk in them.

I love Diddy's voice in Brawl. Its awesome to be able to beat the crap out of someone with a goofy monkey thats throwing bananas everywhere. And also... the most hilarious cutscenes in Subspace Emissary are the ones with Diddy and the Space Animals. :laugh:

If you don't like Diddy, don't play him lol. I'm just saying your accusations hold no weight whatsoever. :p

Top Bottom