• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tournament Results Thread

tibs7

Smash Champion
April 10-11
singles 1/46 @THRILLER - Sydney, Australia

April 3
singles 1/33 (or something) @3-stocked - Melbourne, Australia

TreK

Is "that guy"
omg, you guys all rock =@
I wish I could place that well...

April 18th
7th/16 at MzB - Paris, France

Count

Smash Champion
Going to update this soon. Sorry for the lack of updates. My updates 5/18 at vamp's bimonthly and 3/7 in doubles (lost to lain and overswarm) and 1/7 in doubles at ren's monthly. Couldn't stay for singles.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
WOW, you grab a lot. Like, a whole lot, be it regular Grabs, Pivot Grabs, or even Diddy Humps. I saw the vs. Falco matches, and you tech chased him perfectly O.o Also, are you Dash Attack Canceling into Pivot Grab? I only ask because you slide a lot when you Pivot Grab.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
WOW, you grab a lot. Like, a whole lot, be it regular Grabs, Pivot Grabs, or even Diddy Humps. I saw the vs. Falco matches, and you tech chased him perfectly O.o Also, are you Dash Attack Canceling into Pivot Grab? I only ask because you slide a lot when you Pivot Grab.
well, if you pivot grab after your foxtrot animation you'll slide, but if you dash attack cancel you can slide even in the starting dash (i think you can easily see the difference in the videos)

and yea, lol, it pretty much looked like the falco announched when he would sideB and where he would land O.o nice job

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Falco's MU needs a little metagame change. You can't throw too much bananas because he reflects them, and you have to camp.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Joan, are you going to BBI on jul 23-25 ?

Some actual Diddy representation would be cool, I'm not sure LP will come, nor Jox, nor Leffen, and I'm not a good representation of Diddy's European metagame XD

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll attend it :D Does Luigi_Player go to BBI? I hope yes. I know he's rather good with diddy. I will try to do my best and demonstrate I'm one of the best Diddys in Europe! :D

TreK

Is "that guy"
Nice, if I don't get Biglou to join I'll be your cheerleader, count on me lmao

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
April 24th
Singles: 2/16 @ Kami-Con 2010 - Tuscaloosa, AL

Won $20 :)

EDIT: Uhhhh, the OP says I placed 4th... I placed 2nd, and was in the money. Sorry, those are the results from Pixel-Con, I forgot :p And it is spelled "Pixel-Con"

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol i had a tourny yesterday, but it didnt finish. i was in losers semis. about to win and then security came :(

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
April 24th
Brawl For Hope 2
Singles 21 Entrants
4th Place

Doubles
10 Teams
1st Place (Teamed with Clel)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll attend it :D Does Luigi_Player go to BBI? I hope yes. I know he's rather good with diddy. I will try to do my best and demonstrate I'm one of the best Diddys in Europe! :D
Ya I'll prolly come. EU DIDDY meeting! Let's do some dittos :) (not)

Btw I think you're definitely one of EUs top Diddys. I think it's you, istudy, me and koukyn top 4 (no specific order though). (although I might be wrong I don't know every EU Diddy)

Oh and so this isn't too much off topic:

April 2-4
Dolls War
1st of 22

TreK

Is "that guy"
Koukyn's smart :V
(needs more fancy and useless stuff like insta-throws though =3)
*subscribes to Andy's new channel*

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Ya I'll prolly come. EU DIDDY meeting! Let's do some dittos :) (not)

Btw I think you're definitely one of EUs top Diddys. I think it's you, istudy, me and koukyn top 4 (no specific order though). (although I might be wrong I don't know every EU Diddy)

Oh and so this isn't too much off topic:

April 2-4
Dolls War
1st of 22
koukyn isnt really THAT good, at least from what ive seen, im equal or better than him i think :S
but i might just be watching the wrong vids

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see there are more good diddys in EU. We should meet at BBI!
I like Koukyn's playstyle. It's similar to my one, he does a lot of mindgames, but he did a few mistakes (at least in the vid I've seen)

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Sure.

Falco's MM needs a little playstyle change. You may attack him preferably in the air, so CP a stage with platforms. Camp him while triying to aproach. Analyze what does he do if you throw him forwards, for example (if he goes out the stage, they often do side b) so you can gimp him. Unless you are gimping him, use u-throw, and read. If he touch the ground beware with his grab, keep the shield on always he's falling.

Sorry if looks a bit confusing, actually i'm triying to improve more and more my english:p

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

Falco's MM needs a little playstyle change. You may attack him preferably in the air, so CP a stage with platforms. Camp him while triying to aproach. Analyze what does he do if you throw him forwards, for example (if he goes out the stage, they often do side b) so you can gimp him. Unless you are gimping him, use u-throw, and read. If he touch the ground beware with his grab, keep the shield on always he's falling.

Sorry if looks a bit confusing, actually i'm triying to improve more and more my english:p
your english is fine or at least decent enough for me to undestand :p
i've seen far worse ^^
thx for the advice!

TreK

Is "that guy"
I got ***** by 3 MKs (Kaos in pools, and in brackets Unskilled, no shame for those two they are really good. But later in brackets, I lost to a random melee-er that totally understood how to play brawl -> dair 5 times and then land at the ledge so I can't follow up my banana punitions, repeat for 7 minutes) at Bushido Impact 12, but three Diddies got top 8 there (Leon 5th/Deimos 4th/Kaos 2nd but he only used Diddy against Gluttonny I heard).

TreK

Is "that guy"
They had the venue to pay.
This is not something to underestimate, a small tourny took place in Paris a few months back, the limit was 64 and only 16 people came... The staff lost 200€. Bushido Impacts get 100 people each tourny even with bo1 pools and 3 starters just because they're known, it's disgusting.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
If that above response is too my post then I should make the information more clear. Play n Trade hosted the tourny, there was NO venue fee, just a tourny fee. Also, second place was supposed to recieve $100 originally. When I recieved $75 I asked the hoster what happened to the other $25. He said it was based on the amount of people that showed up and that he was not gonna take money out of his own pocket. So there were atleast 25 contestants to make up the total payout. Plus if he pocketed even some there could of been more. I know I played 5 rounds in winners and one in losers. Plus grandfinals. Which means 2 people in finals, 4 in semis, 8 in round 3, 16 in round 2, 32 in round 1- minus any byes. I did not get a first round bye. So somewhere between 25 and 32 contestants.

Top Bottom