• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I know we aren't discussing D3 atm. But if you grab release him on the edge. You can try to barrel spike him since he has such bad aerial speed. However, it isnt really that effective since, d3 doesn't go that low. After a grab release, he can use one jump to get above you or to the ledge. If he uses one jump you definitely won't have enough time, but if he uses two I think you might be able to footstool him.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Due to the ability to gimp pits wings with bananas and DDK's fair and bair I wouldnt put this matchup above 60 in Pits favor. His camping and ledge game can be frustrating but patience can help overcome that.
i seriously need help with that how do i attempt to counter a pit in that situation? if the pit spams arrows what should i do (throwing a banana to hit him works but doesnt stop the spammage and the peanuts help greatly but his arrows are faster :\

any advice?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
^Try to counterpick a stage thats smaller so it would be less distance to travel to reach the Pit player. Once you close the distance between you two, try to combo or rack up all the dmg% you can. If the pit player tries to abuse his quick smash attacks to separate you two, then just try to predict when he will smash and shield it. If you had a banana in your hand remember you can glide toss out of your shield if his smash attacks ended up pushing you to far from him.

All I can think of at the moment... sawrry.

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
I don't know why you all need a matchup thread when you all can just spam bananas. and have the qadvantage

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
I don't know why you all need a matchup thread when you all can just spam bananas. and have the qadvantage
GTFO the Diddy Boards please.

Ok my estimate of 70-30 was mostly to high but as I mentioned I was still missing some advantages that Diddy had on Pit. I don't play against Pit a lot. But I would still say that this matchup is in Pit's favor.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Smaller stage is one way I deal with Pits. Also try slowly approaching them as they camp the edge. Not easy but just hop over one at a time and get within a decent range to set something up. Easier said than done but remember, you know where his attacks are coming from and odds are he'll fall into a rhythm so predicting shouldnt be too bad. Try to set up two bananas on the edge so if he drops and grabs one then odds are he'll slip up on the other.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Let's discuss pikachu. Diddy is a solid counter, pika has NO way to get into physical contact with diddy and has to strive to get grabs and land autocancel'd fair combos. Diddy is also very good at avoiding the thunder jolts, and you can just jump over them and throw a banana or shoot a peanut (and believe me you wouldn't think it but the peanuts/banana throws over the thunder jolts hit quite a bit.) If you can maintain a constant pressure on pikachu and limit his space he is pretty much doomed. I feel this is the one matchup that is almost unbeatable for pikachu if you really know how to handle it. I am not exaggerating this. Not to mention pika's trip animation is so punishable XD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i still feel quite at a huge disadvantage against pit. what can a diddy possibly do to stop the ***** we call pit o-o? his ledge camp is outrageous. how do we stop it?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I played a pit this weekend and had a similar problem because all this player did was ledge camp and arrow. Fortunately it made for great practice with this. Again it's just a patience game to beat him. Smaller stages are great for this, but again just take your time and set up for a shield grab or something for whenever you get close and they attempt to drop then attack you. If you see them grabbing the edge then dont hesitate to put on the pressure and get over there. I also found that a well place peanut on the edge works nicley to take them off of it or slow them (even if its for a moment thats all you really need).

I'm not familiar with the pikachu match up but perhaps these will help. AZ is a great diddy player as we all know and Anther is one of the best pika's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pti3l-kgHV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rdSusBgYw8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N892LbPlDyE&feature=related

Hope it helps

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you get in pits face or he sees you holding a banana near him he'll stop spamming. Just get in his face and don't spotdodge often, his grab sucks so he won't be grabbing you too much as trying to swat you away with his sword so he can recamp.

TreK

Is "that guy"
how do you fight a Lucas ? I seriously have no clues, and i know france's 2 bests lucas... i NEED to know

How do you avoid those uairs/utilts at low % ? How do you consistently avoid pk fayahs and wands ? How do you edgeguard them ? PLZ HELP T_T

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Spot dodge or space the pk fires. You don't have to worry about his Psi magnet since your projectiles can't be absorbed. Be wary of his Usmash since it's powerful but it has a slow start up and has a decent set of ending lag. Watch out for the pk thunders he could use to edge guard. keep him on the ground since yours is better and the only real aerials you need to be wary of his is Bair and Nair. he fair is crap in my opinion and his dair does have some decent priority over things like utilts and usmash. Basically comes down to spam bananas, shield and punish. Shouldn't be TOO difficult.

You're going to have a hard time gimping Lucas, at least compared to ness, because of pk wave jump thing and the pk wave bounce (i think that's what it's called.), and the fact that just jumping into his pk thunder ball won't stop it. So your best bet to gimp Lucas is side B.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
chrome can u seriously help me with pit. cuase i can never have breathing room and try to reverse the momentum of the match to my favor :\ i tried to backwards banana gimp him/stage spiking all to vain O_< thank god there might be a rule down in florida cuz of danny that you can only hold the edge ever so amount of times :).

and i say discuss pit some more for a page then ice climbers.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Just DI his fsmashes. Be careful about throwing it at his reflector, that angel ring is slow so you can just jump over it and throw a banana from behind him. Spam is annoying, but it's not like it's unavoidable. Pit has trouble against diddy midrange if he has bananas, he just wants to swat you away so he can recamp so don't let him do that.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Just DI his fsmashes. Be careful about throwing it at his reflector, that angel ring is slow so you can just jump over it and throw a banana from behind him. Spam is annoying, but it's not like it's unavoidable. Pit has trouble against diddy midrange if he has bananas, he just wants to swat you away so he can recamp so don't let him do that.
ah im understanding it now. thanks chrome that actually helped a ****load

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Snakes mortar slide doesnt work if you have bananas on the stage which makes him much slower. Diddy also can spike him 3 different ways- I think it is at least even.
im barely starting to pick up diddy but alot of my crew lays snake so im wondering hpw are the 3 ways to spikke snake??? and i also heard about the forward B when snake is recovering or something? can someone help me out and comment me on my pagee cuz i might loose track of thisss lol thnksss

DFEAR

Smash Hero
and why would u side b if you can just cypher grab him and then spike if he survives that xD. much easier

and who are we talking about now o-o im so lost lol

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
and why would u side b if you can just cypher grab him and then spike if he survives that xD. much easier

and who are we talking about now o-o im so lost lol
Um how is that easier?

side b will spike him and if he does not die it should send him down far enough to where they have to c4 themselves any ways.

if you cypher grab them, they will c4 them selves and DI to where u cant spike them unless you jump way off stage and that is not safe ;)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Um how is that easier?

side b will spike him and if he does not die it should send him down far enough to where they have to c4 themselves any ways.

if you cypher grab them, they will c4 them selves and DI to where u cant spike them unless you jump way off stage and that is not safe ;)
daredevils kills ftw >=D besides they have hitstun from c4. pull off a Nanerz and just ff spike them :p

Top Bottom