• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I would have to agree. A video showing up in the next few days seems extremely likely all things considered:
-New characters that need showing off
-New stages that need showing off
-New items as well that need showing off

Lets hope for some gameplay footage soon.

Dave

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
Yay another low tier bitrate toon to add to the smash roster, hello diddy welcome to smash enjoy the embarrassing fast loss of stock your users shall soon suffer

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yay another low tier bitrate toon to add to the smash roster, hello diddy welcome to smash enjoy the embarrassing fast loss of stock your users shall soon suffer

Why the hell does tier matter to you?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
PsychoIncarnate
Hopefully DK64 doesn't mean another DK Rap...

I COULDN'T STAND that stage in the last game because of it
I thought that was hilarious. I used to pick that stage just to make my friends listen to it. If anything, there should be a secret code to play that song on every stage.

I don't know what the music sounds like in the newer DK games, but I hope they still have the DKC theme. The DKC games had awesome music. They should make a Bramble Scramble stage just for the music.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Lets not start a flame war because of the the Diddy dis-liker - ooh, good use of alliteration.

Anyway, you guys definitely know more about the character than me, so what do you propose be his final smash? - I saw the OP's guitar idea, but i'm a little skeptical about that one.

Cheers,

Dave

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Tsen
Nobody can predict the tiers before the game is even out, but like I said, he's quick, has projectiles, and good recovery. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be pretty good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If tier matters so much to you lets only add Marth and Fox to this game...

Hell I don't play as either...Hate playing as fox...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
All you Diddy lovers can kong off when K.Rool has been confirmed!

Still though, nice to see some DK rep apart from the man himself.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Diddy and Ridley were my two main hopes so all the game needs now is Ridley then I could ask for no more.

and Rambi as an AT :)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Yay! It's about time he saw the light. Congrads Diddy fans! This is a great day for everyone! WOOOOOO

GenG

Smash Lord
It had to happen. Diddy was alaways a lovely character despite of some ones may say, and DK now has a link with the Country legacy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yay! It's about time he saw the light. Congrads Diddy fans! This is a great day for everyone! WOOOOOO

I couldn't have said it better myself=well said! :) You deserve a cookie! :lick:

BTW, I love this update so much I made a youtube video of it. I'm trying to inform the ill, if any bit informed youtube! XD Maybe i'll get some idiots to doubt this! :laugh:

:034:

Smash Hero
Congratulations Diddy fans! You got your favorite character in!

All I can say is, I'm really excited about this little guy. He's always been one of my favorites in the DK world. Here's to our favorite little monkey! :D

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
LAWL at john, your ****ing crazy man. yea ****ing good *** update. diddy kong wailing on his guitar as his BACON FTW!!!!!

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Completely unsurprising. A lot of people saw this coming, myself included.

Diddy is a fine addition to Brawl's roster, imo. I'm not jumping for joy over him or anything, like some people are, but I do think it's good that he is in.

thehowielife

Smash Cadet
I am quivering from the comment above me. Anyways, they should at least put in 1 or a few more players from the DK clan. It would only make sense.

Plomid

Smash Ace
HEEEELLLLLLLLS ****ING YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!
Ok people this site is relly on the roll!!!
i can bearly keep up with all the updates!
but ok this is good (look at the first thread when we thought an interview with sigeru miyamoto was news
but hey i guess pretty much everyone is happt about this feller!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
I am glad that Diddy made it solo, hopefully it means Ice Climbers remain...

Anyways, Im glad that one of my top choices made it in Brawl. Im just waiting for Ridley and Dedede now. And finally them Diddy haters who had the nerve to say SUMO Kong of all things had a better chance than Diddy... I told them, I knew that Diddy would be in just because Sakurai would see his popularity on the polls...

I still cant see why people wouldnt be able to "imagine" Diddy in Brawl. Its a great day today!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Diddy Kong not being encumbered by the yellow haired thing makes this an amazing update! Can you imagine how horrible a quick and acrobatic monkey would have played out had he been forced to have Dixie follow him everywhere. Besides, that means there is still hope for people like myself.

(Ice Climber User)

oh and Diddy Kong has teeth, then he doesn't, then he does, then....

what the crap

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Well, I'm happy. I can't wait to see what he'll do on the battlefield.

I guess this means I can remove the Diddy add-on from my sig- unless one of you would like to tote it around for a bit.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
WhoooooooooHOoooooooooooo!................. Diddy for Brawl!
Hes in the game..........im content with that.

Top Bottom