• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is the new Mac

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
inb4 john, I have no problem with Diddy or Mac users and I have been working on counter strats, this is just an observation that I want some community opinions on.

Something I've noticed on the Wii U version For Glory mode is that similarly to the 3DS version and Little Mac, the Wii U version is almost entirely Diddy Kongs who use the same grab and aerial up-tilt combos, I have no problem with spammers, For Glory is about playing to win, my issue comes from the pattern of this sort of thing happening a lot.

My main worry is that For Glory 1 v 1 will be nothing but phases of seeing the same character over and over until people find a way around them and then spammers move on to another. I've already seen quite a few problems with For Glory 1 v 1 such as stage choices, do you think this is ever going to change or should everyone move on to Anther's Ladder and similar things?

In other fighting game online modes, I find it's often more varied. So I know it's not bound to be like that from just the genre alone.

Loken

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6858-0816-0777
My main worry is that For Glory 1 v 1 will be nothing but phases of seeing the same character over and over until people find a way around them and then spammers move on to another.
Flavor of the month. It happens in every online game with similar character selection and it gets boring fast. Sadly, there is no way around it really because the problem is the people playing, not the game. Perfect balance isn't really achievable without making everything exactly the same.

DjSamLeFou

Smash Rookie
Perfect Imbalance. Read about it. People use the same character until people start using another character to counter it , then another character is used to re-counter the new character used and it goes on and on. you will see waves of same character onlines and its quite normal. we have to get use to it.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Nothing at all unexpected, though I'm actually finding more Falcos online recently than Little Mac or Diddy Kong. I'm not sure what's gotten him popular all of a sudden.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
Weird, I actually don't see that many diddys on for glory, but when I do face one, they do just use down throw up air. I have played diddy in both versions but I try not to do this. Mainly because I know how annoying it can be, and because it's predictable and people will find out how to combat it, and I hope people do, it will make matches and the smash 4 scene as a whole more interesting. The diddy fad will pass eventually.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
You mean like how that Meta Knight phase blew over in Brawl?

D

Deleted member

I don't really encounter many Diddy Kong mains in For Glory and I think I've played over 150 matches of it, but I have seen quite a few Little Mac players around, but not usually as mains.

Top Bottom