• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIDDY HAS BEEN NERFED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
-Banana disappears after hitting once
-Fair has literally no kill power, and does 10% now.
-Up air has GREATLY REDUCED KILL POWER. Very unlikely to kill off dthrow up air now.
-Decreased damage on diddy hump
-VERY HARD TO CHAIN UP AIRS. They have to DI extremely poorly.
-Worse dash grab.

POST ADDITIONAL NERFS BELOW

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Down Throw does 6% instead of 7%.
Up Throw does 8% instead of 10%.
UAir chains end at 32% without platform assist.

That covers all of the damage changes combined with your post.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
-Dthrow does have more Knockback, meaning without DI at 80% the UAir isnt a guarantee
- UAir has longer End Lag, takes much longer to do 2 UAir and even jump between them. if you connect 2 UAir its not a true combo
- UAir doesnt kill at 140% if used on the ground
- jabs has a really long "press a to proceed to next jab" meaning its hard to jab once and grab (unless its is as before)
- bananas disappear after the second throw once grabbed (not sure if it was before this update).
it could be an buff if you look through the other side, that the opponent cant grab your banana, toss it and make it be on the ground against you

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Congrats you plebs effectively killed my character with all your complaints. Who's next, Sheik?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Congrats you plebs effectively killed my character with all your complaints. Who's next, Sheik?
Yeah, her kill power got even more nerfed than before.

- UAir has longer End Lag, takes much longer to do 2 UAir and even jump between them. if you connect 2 UAir its not a true combo
MOTHER****ER! They could have nerfed his kill power to hell and that would've sucked, BUT THEY HAD TO MESS WITH HIS UP AIR'S FRAME DATA! SZEYHSZDYHSFYHSXFUYDUTDS That was so unnecessary. Let's just ruin everyone's combo game and make the game as slow paced and combo lacking as Brawl. Sounds fun?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
F Air is also weak they said, how weak exactly...?

Also what moves DIDN'T they **** with?

Side B
B Air
F Smash
Dash attack

Are these still good??

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Actually, Diddy's frame data to his up air is still extremely good. Biggest nerf was what happened to his grab game. He still seems like a solid character, but one that will have a much harder time killing. -_- I'll miss his grab game so much.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
U-Throw got buffed actually. Less damage but that also means less KB and it combos into Uair pretty effectively and is WAY WAY harder to DI (if not impossible) compared to D-Throw.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
I guess it could be said that Diddy has Hoo'd his last Hah.
No?
I'll go and see myself out then. :ohwell:

I still know that he can Hoo-Hah, just not as infamously as he could before. It's just a joke, after all.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Whoa, Diddy got the bat hard this time. Dat Uair nerf is hardcore, it's like a totally different move now. Pretty needed, they could have done it worse. It shouldn't have been a kill move to begin with if we're all gonna be honest. He still seems good though. His biggest advantage was always his extraordinarily fast moves. He's got some of the best frames in the game. Still does. He just can't kill super easy now. Until people find something new to use.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to know what happened to his F Smash regarding kill power, F Air regarding damage, combo-ability and kill power, and Side B if it's still good. If Dash attack is unchanged, and these moves are still good, I think I can live with the Diddy nerfs... I never killed much with Hoo Hah anyway.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't get why everyone in the Smash community are making such a big deal about this.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I don't get why everyone in the Smash community are making such a big deal about this.
He's a cool character? He was fun to play, even if some people didn't like that he got great mileage out of being on the offensive all the time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
He's a cool character? He was fun to play, even if some people didn't like that he got great mileage out of being on the offensive all the time.
I know he's a cool character. In fact, I always liked him since the early days with Diddy Kong Racing. What I don't get is why everyone are making such a big deal about his "Hoo-Hah" being nerfed.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I know he's a cool character. In fact, I always liked him since the early days with Diddy Kong Racing. What I don't get is why everyone are making such a big deal about his "Hoo-Hah" being nerfed.
Because it was such a great move. Now his down throw kind of sucks, all while his up throw is better because of reduced knockback.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just wanna beat everyone up with Diddy now more than ever...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well thankfully his down tilt and his side B are still great, and his frame data still pretty good, i think Diddy is aboiut Pikachu's level now, fast, safe, but with trouble killing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone here who thinks Diddy didn't need to be nerfed is fooling themselves. He's not even bad now, just not bull**** good either. I'd say he can still easily play with the top tiers.

I'd say this makes him a more interesting character overall too. Down throw to up air x2934875629 is only fun to watch/do for so long. And has never once been fun to be up against, even when playing in a ditto.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Gotta love how after every balance patch, the game becomes more slower paced from by making it difficult for any character to get kills in this game and by worsening the frame data for a lot of characters. At the rate we're going with these balance patches, five years from now this game might literally become Brawl 2.0 because all the best characters in the game will have so much end and ****ty followups it'll be way slower paced. I am so annoyed his forward smash now has more end lag. Why the **** are the developers hell bent on balancing this game through massive nerfs instead of majorly buffing the cast? A lot of outsiders who don't play this game would probably find it more entertaining to watch if the game was faster paced, yet this game's pace is progressively getting slower through more end lag and making all the good characters struggle to get a single kill. It's bull****. When the 3DS version came out, everyone felt so fluid, able to all sorts of cool combos, etc. But every ****ing update keeps making a lot of the best characters less fun to play as. I loved how Diddy was such a fluid, fast character with an excellent combo. His down throw now sucks. The point of using down throw in this game has primarily been for combo followups. Now it looks like we'll mostly have to rely on up throw because that now has less knockback...which makes me further wonder why the **** they nerfed down throw so much if they were just going to lower the knockback to up throw. Doesn't make any damn sense.

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
You all played him too well. Should've let one or two people win in tournies instead of dominate them.

That'll learn ya! /s

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The Fsmash endlag is like 2 frames.

People watch league, possibly the biggest esport game right now, and they're just 20+ minute farm fests and now into Tank meta where fights are so dragged on they last 2 minutes which is VERY big difference from like 15-40 second fights.

plz...

DashGarnett

Smash Rookie
The whole point of the game is to kill your opponent by knocking them off the stage. And j must say I think these nerfs were long overdo, DIDDY is not bad but he's not the best. It was unfair to let DIDDY chain u-airs to infinity so now the game is balanced and it's not slower it makes you think more of what to do instead of throwing yourself and kicking people like a mindless drone.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Calm down, Diddy still good.... equal of the rest of the characters :)

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the hitboxes on his aerials are still ****ing stupid huge. It's probably still a dumb idea to challenge fair, and you can still spike a person nowhere near your fist on dair. Up air is slower, but it still covers a huge area.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Man, give the monkey a chance before you throw him in the garbage. It's been like 4 hours.
Diddy is probably still the best character in the game largely because all the best characters in the game keep getting worse. I just hate how they're handling these patches. The 3DS patch was more forgivable because it was so early into the game's lifespan. This time however, it's a bit less forgivable.

The Fsmash endlag is like 2 frames.

People watch league, possibly the biggest esport game right now, and they're just 20+ minute farm fests and now into Tank meta where fights are so dragged on they last 2 minutes which is VERY big difference from like 15-40 second fights.

plz...
You're comparing a fighting game to a MOBA. Your comparison sucks.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
They're both esports.
This is a party game btw, not a fighting game. We just made it out to be a "fighting" game after almost 2 decades.
We're still a laughing stock in the face of fgc.

Last edited:

DashGarnett

Smash Rookie
I know I'm happy with this patch Rosalina stayed untouched and Diddy got Nerfed while still staying good

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't turn this into a "Melee vs Brawl vs Smash 4" or a "Smash is/isn't a fighting game" discussion.

Only warning.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You still have uair OoS, super silly fair, dtilt, ftilt, bair OoS, banana trip -> fsmash, you can still get follow ups out of grabs, and you can still recover high with a good mix up thanks to side b -> b-reverse. Diddy is still a really solid character. Now he just can't kill as early as consistently.

Plus custom Diddy is still a thing. Rocket Barrel Attack boyzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom