• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did they find a use for crawling yet?

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
they probably put in crawling as a counter to spammers...like fox for instance...
beaming away at you with his lasers...crawl underneath the lasers and everything's ok... little things like that

Nuvia

Smash Ace
It strikes me as just an extra little thing they added. Like footstool jumping.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I've seen a video of PsychoMidget using it as a pretty good way to get around Fox's lasers. It was quite funny to watch actually.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Theres actually a video of Snake crawling...can't find it, but I think it was in SSE. He was actually doing a sweep attack. So it has some use for those who can do it.

Teevo

Smash Rookie
I don't assume people use it much really, as I've not even really seen it in any videos. Alls I knows is I often times duck attacks in Melee, and realized a few months ago how much crawling would come in handy in certain situations.

I know I'm special... :ohwell:

RazeveX

Smash Ace
everyone should know that when snake crouches, he automatically lies on the ground (as his crouch animation). His crouch attack is a sweep kick.

I have brawl, and so far havent even figured out how to crouch, let alone how to use it.

Can someone enlighten me?

Tinshi

Smash Rookie
IT's useful agianst people who spam projectiles from afar like pits arrow, laser with falco fox and wolf. A few others like robot and toon link's arrow have the same type of horizontal shoot. The funny thing is crouch walkers wouldn't necessarily counter those spammers because RObot can guide his laser and pit can guide his arrow's. YAY for crouching being somewhat useful.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
IT's useful agianst people who spam projectiles from afar like pits arrow, laser with falco fox and wolf. A few others like robot and luigi have the same type of horizontal shoot. The funny thing is crouch walkers wouldn't necessarily counter those spammers because RObot can guide his laser and pit can guide his arrow's. YAY for crouching being somewhat useful.
You realize that Luigi's fireball was changed... It moves ina very short Thunder Jolt pattern, like Pikachu's B, but shorter half-circles and faster travelling.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
You can crawl under projectiles if you're small enough. As Zamus, I can get pretty low. I've successfully crawled under a couple of Robot's lasers. I've also tripped under a few lasers too, haha. Its not really the new amazing technique, you'll maybe use it once a match if you're vs. someone with projectiles. I know you can DTilt out of crawling, I'll have to try other moves too. I'll get back to you hopefully tomorrow :/

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
The point of crawling is to be low to the ground when you're doing d-tilts. You can also move back and forth now while doing a d-tilt. Snake's crawl is really useful because you can completely duck beneath a grab or an attack often and do a down tilt (which is one of his best and fastest moves).

Check out ANY (especially the latest 3 from the tournament) videos on our Wifi War's youtube account to see it in action: http://www.youtube.com/user/WifiWarsVideos

Top Bottom