• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did Anyone Follow Diamond and Pearl? (Lesson Inside)

M.K

Level 55
Did anyone closesly follow the JPN release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl? If you did, you would realize what happened when it got released in Japan. The tiniest sprites of the Pokemon were released, and it was obvious for some.

The point is, when people saw that RHYDON, PILOSWINE, PORYGON 2, ELECTABUZZ, and MAGMAR all got evolutions, many people were upset. The fact is, these Pokemon were completely competitive in the first place, maybe not the top, but they had a fighting chance. People were mad that the Fire/fighting Starter had been repeated again. People were mad Lucario wasn't a legendary. People complained, and complained, and complained.

Guess What?

Everyone finally got over it, tried the game, and realized that it was the absolute best thing since sliced Poffin (intraweb for the reference!). This can be related to Brawl. Sure, you might be disappointed by the roster, but think about it more. I'm sure you will get over it. Once you try it, you'll love it. So stop the "senseless" hating, and just wait it out.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting really tired of these condescending lectures. If people are upset, people are upset. You are not going to force any one who's unhappy with the roster to be happy, and you aren't going to convince them they're being whiney.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
im already over it. im sure most people are already over it, but theres no denying that the roster could have been so much better.

Luigi_Maniac

Smash Rookie
I'm getting really tired of these condescending lectures. If people are upset, people are upset. You are not going to force any one who's unhappy with the roster to be happy, and you aren't going to convince them they're being whiney.
true, but the matter of it is, is that either way it goes, you still reserved brawl and you will still be purchasing the game, so suck it up, think of some combos, stages whatever and get on with your life.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Excellent post, Meta-Kirby. I remember those days... Poor Lucario got a lot of complaints because of his non-legendary status.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Although I do agree with the poster of this thread, I look forward to the day when both whiners and anti-whiners will stop clogging the boards up with threads expressing their identical opinions.

That came across as quite nasty to the thread starter, I didn't mean it to be, but it will be nice when the focus gets back to the actual game.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes. One topic about this is enough. Everyone will come to terms with the game's shortcomings (different though they may be for different people) in due time--some before Brawl's (U.S.) release, some upon its release, and still others not until a good while after the game's release.

Although I have to give you credit for using DP as an example, and extra credit for the Poffin reference. ;)

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
yay
Pokemon was always fun an engaging and idc how crappy the pokemon are if they don't change the game play I would still play the game.
the point is that with brawl as long as there is some rebirth of fresh ideas in the game, I would definitely enjoy it as much as I did Diamond/Pearl. (Diamond was WAYYY too easy)

We really have had too many threads of this one and no one listens and they continue to post hate threads.
The lesson to be learned is no matter what you try to say to haters, they just won't care. And no matter what the haters say to us, we'll continue to lecture them.
The point is if both sides stop being so opinionated this all would end.
If a mod is reading this, you should make an official complaint thread to keep all the whiners in the same place.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
Yeah the good days of pokemon diamond and pearl Jp I had the game shipped to me 1 day before release I love it :D

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
Everyone finally got over it, tried the game, and realized that it was the absolute best thing since sliced Poffin (intraweb for the reference!). This can be related to Brawl. Sure, you might be disappointed by the roster, but think about it more. I'm sure you will get over it. Once you try it, you'll love it. So stop the "senseless" hating, and just wait it out.
Yep, heres the problem some of us haven't actuly played brawl yet.
i'll get completely over it by march

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
blah blah blah blah blah complain blah blah complain about the complaints, rinse and repeat
we should make a dedicated "I am dissapointed" and "get over it" thread, this is really annoying

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
There is a difference though between thinking the game is all bad and thinking the game had some mistakes. Diamond and Pearl (and Brawl will be) IS still fun, but does that mean that the mistakes should go unnoticed? Of course not. There are glitches in games and some can tick people off, game designers are not perfect, they are flawed human beings as we are, they can make poor descions just like anyone else.

Opinions vary on whether they made the right character choices, but the fact that they made the same mistakes that they themselves acknowledge and reported were mistakes last time (ie: making Ganondorf, and Falco a clone as well as Toon Link), it's just plain not acceptable. That's like saying that this world is acceptable despite a majority of it starving to death every single day.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
FYI, I was one of the other people mad about Diamond & Pearl having almost NO new non-Legendary/non-Starter Fire-types, and having a little too many Baby and New Evo-Pokémon.

And just so you know, I'm still not over it.

As for the haters of Brawl...so what? Let people talk, just don't let it get to you.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
its okto be upset like im sad ridley is not playable but I don't make a thread about it thats the problem. People making a whole thread to list their gripes

Top Bottom