• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI Stick Direction From a Upsmash?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Another small question. Which direction do you point your c-stick to to DI from a straight upsmash at high %? I have seen it done before from a sheik Uairing a ness at 130%, and he managed to survive! I have tried holding both sticks pointed down at the time of the attack, but that dosen't work, I have tried pressing up with Control stick and down on the C-stick, but nothing, and all sorts of other directions.

Is there any specific direction? or is it a timing thing?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
No Lavis, if you get smashed to the right, you go either up or down. Holding the opposite direction won't work, you need the perpendicular for best results, that's why when you see people survive upsmashes you think they'll die from, they're going off to one side a good amount. As for both sticks, the C-stick takes priority, if I remember right, and is used for ASDI. But I don't know the most about DI, so wait for someone better at it for confirmation.

DonEdgardo

Smash Cadet
so... c-stick> controler stick... does that mean that pressing c-stick and contorler sitck di is more efective than hitting one?

Top Bottom