• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DI info? I need a DI for dummies type deal

drewdrach

Smash Rookie
So, haven't had much exposure with the professional style of play but I tend to hold my own with good players. Something I feel would put me over the hump would be directional influence (DI) but I really have no idea where to start, how to do it, or when to use it. I've looked up a few videos online that seem to have worked alright but I'm still not able to use it in any real application. Help out! (By the way, I have played for a while and am always amazed at the acceptance of the smash community. Always nice people and always open to players of all types and levels. Thought it was worth mentioning)
Smash 64

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So, haven't had much exposure with the professional style of play but I tend to hold my own with good players. Something I feel would put me over the hump would be directional influence (DI) but I really have no idea where to start, how to do it, or when to use it. I've looked up a few videos online that seem to have worked alright but I'm still not able to use it in any real application. Help out! (By the way, I have played for a while and am always amazed at the acceptance of the smash community. Always nice people and always open to players of all types and levels. Thought it was worth mentioning)
Smash 64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhXxBoWtb_k

this is the best di guide we have here in the 64 community. It's not a fully comprehensive guide but it should give you the tools to get started. rip sangoku.

a good way to practice smash di is have a friend use a fireflower on you and see how quickly you can di all the way thru the fire (so you end up behind the fireflower user)

Top Bottom