• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Because we're in our 20s now. Life's pretty much over. All that's left in life are 9-5s and death.

:gova:

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Some guy got his spine broken in Balitmore and now there's protests that are turning into riots

Jon Snow chopped a *****s head off

More HIllary Clinton shenanigans

Jex sold himself into sexual slavery
bruce jenner is a female and everyones obsessing over it as if its a good and progressive thing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ya I know, we're busier, we feel the time crunch cause we got older, but mafia's still hella fun. So rather then b****ing about it let's play some mafia and maybe ask somebody else to play mafia too. Cause s***'s fun.

And if not as many people have time for the month long games anymore, how about doing more scheduled hour game events with smaller setups, not as fun imo but still cool, like gheb's mini mafia marathon except only like one or two games. We could like pick a night where we do them on a weekly basis or something.

Cause even though I've had my differences with many of you, this is a great forum and this is a great community. If it does die, so be it, but Imma go down playing mafia and you know what, I somehow think it isn't gonna die if we just keep playing mafia.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
oh hey guys what's new been a while everyone having fun with mewt—

-becomes mist, leaves forever-
maybe gorf is implying that bruce jenner coming out should be a normal, natural thing and people shouldn't be making a big deal out of it on social media as if it's abnormal

alright you win this one LMAO

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

dude. i cant honestly be the only person who thinks trannieism (the form where you physically alter the body with which you were born to be, and/or going around proclaiming youre, the opposite gender) isnt okay. i cant honestly be the only person in the world who recognizes that its literally impossible to think you are the opposite gender and be correct, cuz of the junk down there. i cant honestly be the only one whos heard of gender dysphoria, and recognizes that maybe what ******** call "thinking youre the opposite sex" is actually just a feeling that gender roles that have been culturally established dont necessarily fit them to their mold. i cant honestly be the only one who thinks physically altering your body to change your sex makes you lose your humanity.

lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, like ****ing animals, go do watchu feel (kay that last ones deranged but still). at least youre all still human. ******** should accept that they are what they are, and be free to think however they choose with the knowledge that they are what they are. hermaphrodites were born with both parts. sure thats a biological mistake, but feelings arent. ******** are incorrect, hermaphrodites have proof. and for all i care, they can have their penis and vagina if theyre proud of it, thats the body they were born with (i just wont be banging em). or they can choose one, cuz thatd make em more, well, normal, for lack of a better word.

lgb no t.

Maven89

Smash Master
Nah, there's been enough research showing that transsexuals actually feel the way they do, and they require years of therapy before they'll gender reassign a person. It's not like a man can just walk in, say they want to be a woman, and then pick a number to wait for surgery. I agree it's a mental illness, but it seems to be one that's both legitimate (multiple people have it) and there seems to be no cure for it. If someone is a man but has a condition where they believe they should have been a woman, and can only be happy if they cross dress or surgically remove their penis, then I don't really find anything wrong with it. It's getting them help for their condition where there is no help, and everyone deserves to try and be happy. If someone can't be happy without playing a different gender, then I honestly believe they have the right to do it.

At the same point, I'll say that I do agree that if there was a legitimate cure for it then I don't think transgendered surgery should be allowed, in a way that's completely separate from anything else lgbt. I more consider gay people different, ******** have conditions, in the same way people have heart conditions.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Real talk? I think the concept behind all the social justice is great. If only it hadn't originated in the most ******** echo chamber of angsty teenage idiots since 4chan or the foundation of America.

I do think psychological gender can differentiate from biological sex. And that's also where most of the confusion arises - someone with a male gender can be female sex. I do think altering it 'goes against nature' but realistically nature is such a stupid term to use (technology etc is all, at its core, nature), and even if it wasn't I wouldn't chastise anyone for doing it regardless, against nature or not.

Psychological research has given us a lot more insight into the brain in recent times, for example with AD(H)D research. The more we research, the more "anomalies" we find (even though having an anomaly is not an anomaly by now), the better we can understand ourselves and the struggles of others. I think it's very anti-progressive (read: moronic) to not accept mental diseases (states, in the case of gender) as real simply because it does not fit in your world-view.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

but then what constitutes the identity of gender? can i be transspecies because, in my heart of hearts, i think im a giraffe? of course not, thats ridiculous. but id be at a loss if im not properly counceled out of that false thought. is gender identity a cause of gender roles? maybe, and if so, thats a problem with society deeming gender roles. theres thinking and theres doing. i can think im a giraffe and live life like a human, but altering my state of being is a different story.

ultimately this can all be solved by me not caring, but like its my global community man.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
see thats the problem - the ******** echo chamber. People take the concept of trans to a whole nother level.
"I am transgender!"
which is generally accepted. It is a mental state. Then when someone says:
"I am transspecies!"
everyone who agreed with the first has to accept the second, since otherwise they'd 'be hypocrites'. This spirals out of control until you get the ****hole that's tumblr's butt and people who think they're transangels (seriously how much attention do I need to feed you before you shut up about your ****ing wings?).

I think a not-so-arbitrary line can be drawn between mental issues because of human issues (i.e. gender) and mental issues because of **** like... your species. I'm entirely comfortable appealing to common sense here and will guiltlessly keep laughing at someone whining about their species.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Can we just... not talk about this with Gorf around, especially right now when dgames really need a moment of renewed hope in the survival of our community?

If you really wanna learn about the topic, the wikipedia article is quite good and goes into biological causes while linking a number of studies. Personally I tend to go with the brain structure explanation with generic and hormonal causes as the cause of that, but you can draw your own conclusions. If you really want to debate this, we do have a debate hall.

#HBC | Gorf

gender is defined as classification between the differences of masculinity and femininity. but where the **** are these classifications coming from? if i prefer barbies over tonka trucks, does that make me a *******? if i like watermelon, fried chicken, cant swim and ask for a fresh fade at the barber, does that make me transracial? no, it makes me a white person who shares qualities typically associated with black people. if i prefer barbies and like guys and enjoy a really pretty dress and earrings that match it, does that make me transgendered? no, it makes me a male who shares qualities typiclly associated with females. my "gender" or "sex" isnt something that should, or ultimately can, be altered. going through trans surgery doesnt make you the opposite sex. it just makes you some awkward in between that youll never find your way out of.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
common sense: what you are is what you have.
common sense: if you honestly feel more comfortable surrounded by things society classifies as female, you ought to strive to feel most comfortable

common sense: if you honestly feel like you are a tiger trapped in a human, you're probably not honest or in a mentally questionable place

To some degree changing gender is a matter of bowing down to society - yes, you could do all the things females usually do (wear dresses, wear make-up), but that solves the issue only to create another one. You feel uncomfortable doing these things because of the judgment. So you go through gender surgery. Now your body matches your mental state, as well as getting judged way less if your 'transformation' goes well.

And sex can't be altered, you're right. It will be a while before we can **** with X/Y chromosomes. However, we can make an effort to. If that is what you need to feel comfortable, then the very least you can do for yourself is try to get as close as possible. Gender, I'm not sure. I'm not very learned in this subject but I can say with decent-ish accuracy that the psychology behind someone's gender can be altered. What makes you say it can't? The human brain is far from black-and-white, as you pointed out yourself.

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

then why is gender even a thing that exists? why is there a need to feel bound to a "gender," and why do some feel that physically altering the state of their sex is necessary? i guess thats what it comes down to, and if the ******* has the money to waste and lacks the self worth to accept themselves for who they are, i guess they can abuse the technology we have today to make it work. idk.

oh and also no, i dont think theres a single sex change surgery in the history of the world, and in the future, thatll ever truly work. theres just some things that are defined. idk.

i also think that the concept of absolute acceptance is stupid, especially when cross racism and chastising "tHe MaJoRiTy" is a thing.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
because humans like to categorize things hence the social construct known as gender which is (nowadays) loosely based on sex came to be. Im pretty sure gender more recently evolved as a word to describe the psychological and like i said, modern knowledge of the brain allows us to discern between psychological and physical gender.

absolute acceptance is an ideal, not a realistic goal. if anything, we can pretend.

I also think it's a little bit of a mis-painting of reality to put transgenders in such a negative light for wanting to be comfortable. it's normal to seek out maximum acceptance and that is not a sign of lack of self-worth, nor is it a money waste to be mentally comfortable. Abuse of technology? is junk food abuse of technology? lol

#HBC | Gorf

yea. i guess its societys fault for putting the correlation that tonka trucks action figures and FOOTBALL! is "manly" and that make up long fingernails and accessorizing is "girly." thats definitely part of the problem.

yea i suppose absolute acceptance is like communism in that sense; it looks really good on paper but the human variable makes it impossible. i, on the other hand, shouldnt be chastized for my views as much as a bigot should for theirs. but winners write the history books so i guess well know in the future whos right.

dawg lets take video game culture as an example. and i mean like the objectively weird side. m2k doesnt care about how joe schmoe feels regarding his abilities in smash. and if he does, the right thing to do is to engage himself in what makes him happy and feel good, not change to what somebody else thinks of him. thatd make him a shell of a man. like, i think cross dressers are chillin. dudes dressing up like chicks for fun, hell ive done that a couple times as a joke.

in the end, i guess its fair to say that transgenderism is being x but feeling like what society correlates with y. id say the proper way to treat that disorder would be to counsel and teach that society is incorrect, and that sex isnt a choice.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well i'm glad that conversation's all done and dusted.

Can we wax lyrical some more about the slow death of dgames?
How about we talk about playing mafia instead? Jdietz43 is running a cool looking game, people should sign up.

And is anyone interested in playing in short open setups on maybe a weekly basis? If there's interest and a workable time, I'm down to run them.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Fire and Lightning 4: Furries vs Weeaboos

Smash 4 mafia

Terrible Sonic Games mafia

Smash pros mafia

Ruy mafia

Epic mafia mafia

Magic the gathering mafia

Moderator Mafia 2

DGames all stars mafia

~

Some idea I had but I need to implement them better or rather more creatively.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
I really want to do Trailer Park Boys mafia and Game of Thrones mafia but have real trouble figuring out unique mechanics for the games to make them feel different and in tune with the flavor. Main problem with the first one is finding a way to get it past Ryu, the second is finding a way to involve different Houses. Anyone have an example of a game that had multiple different factions but was less complex then the Death Note game?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
How about we talk about playing mafia instead? Jdietz43 is running a cool looking game, people should sign up.

And is anyone interested in playing in short open setups on maybe a weekly basis? If there's interest and a workable time, I'm down to run them.
Define short

Top Bottom