• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i had a surreal dream last night where i was blacklisted by every mod on dgames because of my frequent and unstable emotional outbursts and that nobody wanted to play with me disregarding their personal opinion of me because it just cluttered games and made them a headache to read so i think my conscious is trying to tell me not to do that again

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Trying to figure out if I like Shulk or Duck Hunt Dog more as not revealed newcomer.

Shulk because I need to finish that game and I'm loving it, or Duck Hunt Dog because I love troll characters.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ryker shot me once in a dream. It was totally deserved though. I was mafia and killed Washed Laundry the previous night.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
He shot me in the face. Multiple times. With a shotgun. Note that this is after his blood hound had basically already marred my face into a bloody mash with it's claws. The blood hound was of similar color palette to the avatars that RR uses frequently.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
the photo leak can't be real. and im not saying that cuz i have proof, im saying that cuz if dark pit is actually a separate character in a game where lucas and doesn't have a slot i will legitimately lose respect for sakurai.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
the photo leak can't be real. and im not saying that cuz i have proof, im saying that cuz if dark pit is actually a separate character in a game where lucas and doesn't have a slot i will legitimately lose respect for sakurai.
There was video footage of Shulk and Bowser Jr. which Nintendo took down, so at the very least those two are confirmed to be in.
It'd be really disappointing to have Lucas out, but Dark Pit being a separate character doesn't bother me.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well if Dark Pit is essentially a skin then it really didn't take much resources to add him, so its not like he got over anyone else, I don't particularly care. Seems DP also has a staff in his artwork, so he might be slightly different, but who knows.

Kantrip

Kantplay
dark pit is essentially a skin, why have a separate character slot for him if not to just ****in exploit your own projects?
Lucina.
Doc.
Dark pit.

3 alt costumes lumped together at the very end of the roster because they aren't really separate characters but they have their own slot due to slightly different mechanics

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lucina they even said she pretty much is a Marth clone and was intended to be an alt skin for him.

They changed that cause she was popular enough and she wasn't someone you could change genders like Wiifit trainer, villager and Robin. So she wasn't going to be but they said **** it and our her in.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Marth should've been cut alltogether tbh. Such a superfluous character.

:059:
He might not everybody's favorite Fire Emblem character, but he's plenty of people's favorite Smash Bros character. He's one of the only characters who has been top tier in all the games he's been in, the only other one I can think of being Falco.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marth is not a top tier character in brawl and even if he were it's not a legit argument. Lucina should've straight-up replaced him imo.

#HBC | Gorf

all non-modern fe characters are superfluous in smash imo. like that's like non canon mario games overusing petey piranha. the past is in the past man.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Marth is not a top tier character in brawl and even if he were it's not a legit argument. Lucina should've straight-up replaced him imo.

Come on Gheb, be realistic here. If you're going to say 'Marth isn't top tier', then you're essentially claiming that the only characters who ARE are MK and ICs.

How the heck is he superfluous? He's the most recognizable character in the series at this point.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I feel like the rip on Marth stuff in the days I was super active in the Brawl competitive.

All day all night, find ways to say Marth sucks despite his results showing he's not bad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lucina.
Doc.
Dark pit.

3 alt costumes lumped together at the very end of the roster because they aren't really separate characters but they have their own slot due to slightly different mechanics
Lucina is actually a separate character though. Like, a different person. Doctor Mario is just Mario. Dark Pit is technically a different character (from what I gather), but I mean, I think there's a reason we don't have Dark Link. Or Dark Samus.

What's more offensive to me is the lack of Ice Climbers though. Not because I care about them as characters or fighters (I don't, at all), but because that basically proves the 3DS version of Smash held the Wii U version back. The only reason to cut them is due to insurmountable 3DS limitations. Unless DLC happens, I guess.

also i mean you bring back doc and not mewtwo how dare you

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lucina is actually a separate character though. Like, a different person. Doctor Mario is just Mario. Dark Pit is technically a different character (from what I gather), but I mean, I think there's a reason we don't have Dark Link. Or Dark Samus.

What's more offensive to me is the lack of Ice Climbers though. Not because I care about them as characters or fighters (I don't, at all), but because that basically proves the 3DS version of Smash held the Wii U version back. The only reason to cut them is due to insurmountable 3DS limitations. Unless DLC happens, I guess.

That's just arguing semantics though.

The point is that doc and dark pit are separate roster slots due to the philosophy Sakurai laid out in his explanation of lucina. They are effectively alt costumes that took no more development time than, say, giving villager a female equivalent.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Maybe,

from what I recall from what people were saying it was more likely they didn't want the 3DS to compete with the WiiU version. That and/or the WiiU version has a lot more bug fixing needed and visual fixing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Marth should've been cut alltogether tbh. Such a superfluous character.

Not happening because nintendo is a Japanese company and marth is the series icon over there. That would be like cutting pikachu for Greninja. Not that it matters anyway, Smash itself gave marth a large fanbase.

Oh gheb you're so adorable. Though it's not a legit reason, you know, not like being the series icon in the country of origin and a wildly popular character everywhere is? :)

I feel like the rip on Marth stuff in the days I was super active in the Brawl competitive.

All day all night, find ways to say Marth sucks despite his results showing he's not bad.
Dude, gheb was always the king of that. And it's not even not bad, marth was always a really good character. Just not MK.

all non-modern fe characters are superfluous in smash imo. like that's like non canon mario games overusing petey piranha. the past is in the past man.
Japanese game >_<, giant american fanbase, recently got released in america, need i go on?

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

fe is largly japanese. you're right. it's got a strong fanbase. you're right. but what about mother? they cut lucas even though mother is ENORMOUS in japan. they had ness in 64 almost entirely cuz of that, if not entirely period. but now mother only has one rep while fe has four.

now before you say it, i acknowledge that the fe series has a much larger quantity of games. but marth is not the franchise mascot for fe in and of itself. he was in (and correct me if im wrong) ONE game, maybe two. that warranted melee and maybe brawl. ike, lucina, whoever the other newcomer is and chrom are all much more relevant in the modern time than marth.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
fe is largly japanese. you're right. it's got a strong fanbase. you're right. but what about mother? they cut lucas even though mother is ENORMOUS in japan. they had ness in 64 almost entirely cuz of that, if not entirely period. but now mother only has one rep while fe has four.
Which tells us that Fire emblem is a MUCH more profitable series for nintendo then mother. Let's be serious here, when deciding what series they're gonna give how many mascots to, it's sales because that's cold hard data. When deciding which characters are important however, the execs are Japanese and they're gonna be influenced by the Japanese perception of these characters.

Which brings us to:

now before you say it, i acknowledge that the fe series has a much larger quantity of games. but marth is not the franchise mascot for fe in and of itself. he was in (and correct me if im wrong) ONE game, maybe two. that warranted melee and maybe brawl. ike, lucina, whoever the other newcomer is and chrom are all much more relevant in the modern time than marth.
In Japan, Marth is incredibly popular and viewed as the undeniable series mascot, regardless of how many games he's been in, as long as that perception stands Marth will remain, other lords may rotate, but marth is here to stay, and this is the same reason why they'd never replace pikachu. That incredibly strong perception doesn't exist in America about marth because he premiered in Brawl with Roy for us, though having played through the earlier fire emblems (my brother was a major JRP fanboy and that's why), I understand this a great deal better then most. @Shaya probably understands this as well. Also he should play a game of mafia.

You are wrong btw, he was in FE 1, 3, and Shadow Dragon (which was a remake of 3 but still substantially removed and it's initial US release).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Really? I thought it was a 3 remake, but I actually just got it and haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I got out fire-emblemed, I am ashamed. *commits seppuku*

Oh well, maybe the fact that they keep remaking his games is a good indicator of his popularity :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom