• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BarDulL

Town Vampire
He's a prude and would never do drugs. He's also extremely Jewish, so spending money unnecessarily is beyond him. I also don't do any drugs.

I'll ask him anyway.

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He shook his head meaning what?

"No"
"Lol, youth these days"
or
"Haha, gotta pretend like I don't want to until everyone else is gone"

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
If the internet was a woman, would you [redacted] with it , knowing how many other men have been on the internet ?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I almost don't want to go to see batman because of that shooting. :/ wtf is wrong with people?
with that kind of mentality, you should just stay at home forever since something bad might happen anywhere

BarDulL

Town Vampire
with that kind of mentality, you should just stay at home forever since something bad might happen anywhere
Guess I'm staying home forever.

Obviously there's a difference. Culver City is known for its diversity, lack of prejudice, lack of crime, yada yada. There hasn't been any serious violence here in over 30-40 years. But it's probably a good idea for me to stay away from places like south central because there is known racial violence/gang violence/high crime rate.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Ugh been sick all day. Lawli's fault probably. Sorry newbie 20ers. I'm still going to try and get it up before the day ends.

I almost don't want to go to see batman because of that shooting. :/ wtf is wrong with people?
Honestly I've lost my hype for it and probably wont see it 'til it comes out on DVD. The whole thing just is gross. Slight suspicion Marvel is behind this, so the Avengers will have the sure spot for movie of the year.

I'm like unusually depressed. Like usually when this stuff happens, people talk about how bad it is and stuff (tsunamis, school shootings, hurricanes, earthquakes, 9/11), but it may not necessarily hit them directly, which has always been the case for me. But I gen feel sad from this.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ugh been sick all day. Lawli's fault probably. Sorry newbie 20ers. I'm still going to try and get it up before the day ends.

Honestly I've lost my hype for it and probably wont see it 'til it comes out on DVD. The whole thing just is gross. Slight suspicion Marvel is behind this, so the Avengers will have the sure spot for movie of the year.

I'm like unusually depressed. Like usually when this stuff happens, people talk about how bad it is and stuff (tsunamis, school shootings, hurricanes, earthquakes, 9/11), but it may not necessarily hit them directly, which has always been the case for me. But I gen feel sad from this.
Exactly how I feel about it. I'll probably see it next weekend.

Add me on Skype. BarDulL11. I've been through depression and I'm a decent shrink.

Edit: Oh, you mean from the Batman thing...lol. Yeah, I can understand that. When I heard about the earthquakes in Haiti, I was like "well it wasn't me that was affected," but when something close to me becomes negatively affected, the more I personally feel affected by it. I think it's a natural instinct of survival; bad thing happens, could happen again, but then as time passes, you undergo the realization that it was just a single incident and not a pattern.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Guess I'm staying home forever.

Obviously there's a difference. Culver City is known for its diversity, lack of prejudice, lack of crime, yada yada. There hasn't been any serious violence here in over 30-40 years. But it's probably a good idea for me to stay away from places like south central because there is known racial violence/gang violence/high crime rate.
then don't go see it in a place with a history of violence

honestly sounds like theres an underlying issue with you but you use the shooting as a means to ignore it

BarDulL

Town Vampire
then don't go see it in a place with a history of violence

honestly sounds like theres an underlying issue with you but you use the shooting as a means to ignore it
No pe, clean as a whistle.

Listen, this kind of behavior is nothing new. Take 9/11 for instance. People were afraid of flying on 9/11/2002. It's basically the same thing.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah thats true. i just make a deal of it now because im rational enough to realize that the fear is dumb

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It's natural caution...and it pretty much killed the hype for me, as Zen said. Even though the likelihood of a shooting in culver city happening because of Batman isn't likely at all, the possibility still lingers. I don't really think anyone exists outside of that condition. BRB league, more on this later.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
heh, i guess that makes me an anomaly since im generally unaffected by these events

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The shootings wouldn't stop me from going to see it, if I hadn't already.

I do not fear death.
Which may not be a good thing, according to that one guy in the movie.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
heh, i guess that makes me an anomaly since im generally unaffected by these events

And who knows, maybe there's a psycho copycat living nearby?

I'm pretty sure you'd feel a bit worried if something terrible happened nearby your living space, but I won't contest it.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I feel effected by it but not to the point that I'll change my ideas about movie theatres... I kinda deal with tragedy with humour.... I feel terrible about it but in the long run I get over it way faster...

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Nah, he said he was an anomaly, so I linked a picture of Neo. No deeper meaning to the picture or to the conversation. I will say though that not being generally worried about those kinds of things is a double edged sword. Fear negates options, and unnecessary fear negates even more options, but to be fearless is to assume you can do anything, which is silly since "anything" encompasses...well, everything. There's a balance.

I've gone sky diving, so I can personally vouch for being somewhat fearless in certain categories. I will admit it was a little scary imagining myself fly up to 13000+ feet in the air though.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh...that wasn't flaunting of any sort, by the way. Felt it was related to the conversation.

You should do it. Santa Barbara is home to the highest sky diving free fall in the west coast. It's a pretty penny for 13000 feet+, but it's worth it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
bardull is ****ing lame for having gone skydiving while i didnt. right before i left for japan i scheduled a skydiving appointment 1 day before the flights. i called them the day i was spose to go and they had to cancel it due it being too windy so have to wait a couple years before i get another chance...i was salty as ****

@zen

none :yeahboi:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Why are you in Japan anyway? Always wondered about that. I'd also imagine they have friggin' skydiving spots there...I mean what kind of modern country do you have to live in to not have sky diving? Definitely hit up SB when you get back though, that place is baller.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I heard you are only in free fall for like the first 10 seconds then you have to pull the chute.
Nah, at 18000 feet it's about a minute and a half of free fall. 18000 feet is really high up.

"$319 buys a tandem jump from 18,000 feet, with 90 seconds of free fall."

My only qualm with the whole thing was my ears being shot to death at such a high altitude. I couldn't hear anything for like 7 minutes after the guy pulled the chute.

Top Bottom