• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
because stoner
Is that what stoners to in Miami? The druggies at my school just wander into the forest and smoke in a small clearing called "The Cut," and we hope they don't get so high that they go to play on the train tracks lol.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Bless being in CO. So many people are smiling and happy. It's awesome.

A lot of people aren't starting till 4:20 on the dot and then it's gonna be a chill party all day.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
cant talk about drugs here m8 GET EM J

also my maf champions game is scheduled for june 6th for those of yall that wanna read it as it happens. get mad hype

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
We might need a replacement for Rosa in Gheb's game... Rosa hasn't been on for a long while.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Five months later I realize that I was talking to a Youtube/Medtalks star Zubin Damania at a party in South Florida about medicine without initially knowing 1. this man is a doctor, 2. this man is a celebrity, or 3. this man has produced so much content I respect.

Last edited:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
For anybody that cares, I think my financial troubles are finally over. It'll take a bit to get 100% back in full control of my life and all, but my hard work has ****in finally been paying off

Also I'm getting a Secret security clearance, which was on my bucket list :bee:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
For anybody that cares, I think my financial troubles are finally over. It'll take a bit to get 100% back in full control of my life and all, but my hard work has ****in finally been paying off Also I'm getting a Secret security clearance, which was on my bucket list :bee:
The greatest irony behind life is how hard we work to be in control of it.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That feeling when the person teaching you OBRA has no idea how little has actually changed regarding elderly patient prescription formularies within long term care facilities e.g. skilled nursing that you look up her Linked In page. Funny how it turns out that they aren't a registered nurse (despite them claiming it) and their resume doesn't list it (despite them bragging about it).

Tl;dr First day of class for a certification training class and the "RN" states how the changes in her hospital have been brought about by OBRA. I give her the benefit of the doubt because I always do despite having a completely different experience working in a long term care pharmacy for the past three years and witnessing formularies stacked with a morning-afternoon-evening of so many antidepressants/anxiolytics that they need to take PEG to **** it all out.

Let me put it this way, it is customary to send PEG to approximately 90% of the medicated patients on formulary as a routine dose. Therefore, when she told me that OBRA put an end to this practice based on her experience as an "RN" in New York City I took it at face value. I thought she was a fascinating and nice lady and possibly wanted to see if she would swing me a recommendation down the road so I wanted to just verify her "RN" initials on the program's own sheet in order to verify her experience so I can make sure that when I put down that I'm getting a recommendation from an MD/DO or an RN/NP that I'm 100% correctly addressing the healthcare professional giving me the recommendation out of respect for myself and for them as well.

The program's sheet which they completely bypassed lists her as a BS. A BS is a Bacehlor's of Science. It's not a nursing degree by any means. It's the equivalent of taking a college graduate with a Biology major and calling them an "RN." It's simply not true, it's disproportionate. I thought her "RN" accreditation lapsed so I looked up her Linked In, however none of her experience or work as a nurse in charge for a number of years in New York were listed at all on her Linked In page despite it covering all her experience since getting her stated BS.

Day 1 down. 8 more weeks to go for certification.

Last edited:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Writing Test: A

Note test: A

Protocol Test: 96%

Final Upgrade Exam: 95%

Got paid for that whole week of training. Now workin overnights for a bit at $19/hr :bee:

I see a second tattoo in my extremely immediate future. And..... An AGame !!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
EE, Pro tip:

Take 25% of your gross (~$10k). For whatever standard of living you can expect to become accustomed to with your new salary, 25% of the gross (before taxes) is typically what you'll need to maintain that standard of living for about half a year if you lose employment. This includes emergency payments (e.g., car repair).

50% of your gross is typically enough for a full year, potentially a year.

Get 25% in liquid funds in your bank account as a safety net.

Then get the tattoo.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
There's been articles in the Times and the WSJ pandering to U.S. Medical Schools complaining about Caribbean schools buying M3 rotation spots from hospitals to train Year 3 (M3) medical students within the hospital setting. What disturbs me the most is the actual numbers game which isn't explained at all in the article. Apparently these spots are being competitively bought with the highest price point being $400 a week. A rotation normally lasts around four weeks meaning the total cost of training one third year medical student for one rotation is about $1,600. Medical students go on approximately six to seven of these in their third year alone, but we can round up to ten and make it $16,000 for a clinical rotation spot.

Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM) has been featured in several articles about New York City facing the big squeeze from Caribbean schools like St. George and Ross University. They have an osteopathic school in Harlem. Net tuition for TUCOM's third year students is: $91,378.

Osteopathic schools generally do not pay for rotation spots nor give compensation to preceptors meaning hospitals volunteer to train students who attend DO schools. Personally even considering invisible overhead expense like liability insurance and other factors, I still don't understand why medical schools are complaining about being squeezed in when they should be on similar ground as Caribbean schools to buy out hospitals for teaching spots.

A copy of the original article.

I think that medical journalism when it comes to the management side of things is way too lazy. Which hospitals are being bought out and how ha the buy out affected the hospital? In medicine we focus on contrasting patient views and how a patient can be feeling three or four symptoms, but in truth these symptoms are secondary symptoms to a primary symptom of a completely different origin. To the same effect, articles from big name papers can also illustrate the current complexity of how hospitals and medical schools are not always working in harmony and sometimes need to wine and dine each other for much more than just M3 rotation spots. When we begin to actually question whether these schools really charge these tuition amounts in order to give students a quality education or whether they are simply profiting from students who have no market alternatives is a vital question if we expect our future doctors to not see patient care as simply being a profit formula created by big businesses.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
imma ask again:

overswarm, where are the best places i can meet single women in their mid-late 30s in person that would be interested in dating a 21 year old?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
imma ask again:

overswarm, where are the best places i can meet single women in their mid-late 30s in person that would be interested in dating a 21 year old?
If you have money, probably anywhere with a population over 100,000.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
... dating? :059:
You get there. It's sort of like when you're a cougar you follow an inverse pattern to a relationship where being able to perform in bed is the first and foremost thing. Then everything else opens up from there. A sort of, "Came here for the sex sugar, stayed for the gentleman I never knew you could be."

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You get there. It's sort of like when you're a cougar you follow an inverse pattern to a relationship where being able to perform in bed is the first and foremost thing. Then everything else opens up from there. A sort of, "Came here for the sex sugar, stayed for the gentleman I never knew you could be."
Nice non-answer.

:059:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
please pm me. any churchgoer and/or believer of Christ please pm me too

@HBC | Gorf your fantasys likely short lived if it comes to fruition. more effort for no payoff

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The reason you run multi-colored schedules is not to remind yourself you can fit prospective life plans together. It's to display the incompetence of other people being able to stay consistent to the schedule they established and somehow having the flexibility to go back to the board and move around the boxes from scratch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom