• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Games Texas Open 2 -- March 24th, Mesquite

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wobbles - you embarassed DOH by using all those chars...insane game and watch dude
How is losing to a good player who has the ability to play different characters at a very high level embarassing? I can generally beat his ICs on most stages, even worse on the ones that I was counterpicking to; Rob knows that my experience with characters outside of the top tier is limited and he exploited that, however he also knows that I'm a fast learner, forcing him to develop even better strategies for the next time we meet in tournament. Also, if you look at the matches, the only one that was more than one stock was one that I won on Mute City; considering I've never played a good Samus in tournament (let alone on a stage as strange as Japes) and never had played a good GaW (which if you were actually watching the matches, you would have seen I was ahead for the first 2/3s of) and Falco is one of my problem matches...I'd say I did pretty well, far better than anyone else at the tournament could have done. Also, Rob has experience playing HugS and Forward, pretty much the two best people in the nation at their characters; I'd be surprised if he didn't have a good Samus/Falco.

Anyway

Scav - OMG you ate my soul 2nd match. I'm super scared now. ****. Good ****.

Blue - you like disappeared. =\

Gabe - don't play marth. get better with Falcon. And maybe you shouldn't talk **** behind people's backs. Just a suggestion...and don't judge people off of friendlies, judge off of tournament results.

Mouf - I've got your dollar :D

TGM - thanks for helping out, we didn't get to play :(

Rob - gooooood ****. I'll get you next time. <3

Rest of Dallas - where the **** were you?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You know I always push for teams. We got booted off for street fighter or something :(

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah, I HAVE to exploit DoH's limited experience against some of those characters in order to win. Sticking with my mains would have actually been a surefire way to LOSE.

In short, I had to beat DoH the PLAYER. Not just his character. That's why I like playing against him so much ^_^

Additionally, I don't try to embarass anybody. I know some people like to **** around during tournament, losing Mario dittos and whatnot to people because they underestimate them. Everytime I underestimate somebody, I lose to them. I've learned my lesson now.

Oh, and you all should learn a lesson from DoH, since he's one of the few people I've ever played who didn't complain, but manned up and learned how to beat the infinite. I didn't even land it once on him. I ain't givin' away secrets, but it sure as hell isn't broken.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol what infinite?

I did used to complain ALOT. Alucard and I would talk **** like, "Prevenge, that haxor, he totally cheats"

But then I started playing gayer and playing to win. And then I sought out good people to play. And then I started winning.

felix45

Smash Lord
its nice to know that new strategies are emerging thanks to the infinate :)

yeah I had work you know how that goes. I'll for sure make the next moast circuit tourney in dallas.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Blue - you like disappeared. =\
Harry Potter fever. Plus studying for an exam (after HP, of course). And I needed a nap, I was exhausted and cranky and feeling like turd.

This was a good tournament all around. Can't wait for the MOAST circuit to start up.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
...and hilarity ensues!

Not really, but let's pretend so Jeremy Feifer (or SideEffect?) doesn't get embarassed.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i wouldnt get embarassed on this site or by some scrub named bluezaft

Sideeffect you ******* stay off my account... i just noticed i got a flaming warning in this thread!.... I didnt say any of this.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Come on, guys. I was *just* starting to get proud to be a Texas smasher again. Lets keep the streak of good will going.

Texas talks enough ****, lets at least keep it out of the shout outs. Especially for those who didn't even go...

But on that note, it's time for:

Scav's amazing shout outs!

Thanks for the turnout, guys. The space was a bit tight with all the games going on, but we got the tournament done cleanly and on schedule. We tied with Tekken for the largest turnout. So, good job! Yoko Onno Son, I'll make sure to hold a teams tournament next time. I was going to try to get one going this round, but every time we opened up a TV for free play, DFW Games used it for Street Fighter >_< so, no luck.

But you'd **** well better be bettin' there's a teams tournament at DaBR 3.

Poot - Glad you came, sorry for bracketing you into a 0-2 :( I keep trying to give you a better seed, and end up doing what I did to Forward and accidently pairing him against Isai. And Reckon, it rocked seeing you again. Stick around ;)

Lvl9 - What was with all the Peaches? I played one space animal all day, and that was in friendlies. Still, you rock hard for travelling out for us. Maybe we can whip a few Texans into heading over to Innsomnia to return the favor. I'm always glad when someone doesn't know to strike Corneria :D

Houston, Magnolia: Awesome. Y'all are SO much better than when we last played. I don't think I had a winning record against any of y'all in friendlies. TGM, I have newfound faith in you as a tournament host. The way I could just walk away and let you explain the no-Hyrule-rule made the tournament a whole lot easier for me. And of course Bear, Liius, Xzalla, Mouf, Riot... all of our matches were fun. Too bad I couldn't face y'all in the tournament.

Which brings me to Melee1 and his brothers. ****! Talk about the dark horses! You guys must practice together a ton, because I kept turning around and seeing you eliminate big names from the tournament. Nobody knew what hit them. **** good show, I love it when we get surprises like that.

Bluezaft, DoH, Wobbles... we couldn't have done it without you guys. Having 3 people there to run the bracket and make sure things went smoothly gave me great confidence for the circuit. Texas smash is in good hands. Now please stop eliminating me from tournaments. All of you. That's an order.

Tio Tournament Organizer: where have you been all my life?

Ice and Morris: This is the beginning of a beautiful..... something. ;)

Thanks for showing up everyone, and congratulations to the top 4 on getting MOAST points! What are MOAST points? Well, y'all will just have to stay tuned to find out!

G@BE

Smash Lord
Hurray for shout outs!

Houston - Thanks for coming along with us for the ride (TGM, Mouff, and Riot) The raving to DDR music on the way home could have not been funner. hehe

Scav - Im so glad your remembered what i looked like heheh. Thanks it was always a pleasure to see you and talk to you. To bad we did not get to do Mario ditto's -= is sad =-

DoH - Was fun to see you agian man. I really enjoyed our chat about me getting owned by Wes heh. Tempting me with a cookie of death how dare you! hehe... Sorry if things were said Landon. I seriously feel horrible for what was said. Sorry man

Rob - To good your y.link owns me and my pikachu and falcon in life hehe. I missed seeing your penguin... to bad he was feeling under the weather. I would love to get more friendlies with you next time.

BlueZaft - I loved all of our games thanks for playing me in friendlies to ^-^ Your marth scares me oh so much.

To everyone else - Thanks it was fun playing you guys.

TGM

Smash Lord
Me turn for shout-Outs!

Scav- Truly truly the best mario on the planet. Thank you for having faith in me, that means alot. You are awesome!

G@be- i can finaly admit it, you are BETTER than me. except at....... singing in the car to "Dont stop me Now".

Mouf- Im truly sorry for taking you out of the tourney but i had no choice,son.

Riot/knee-Sheik in the sink! Cheese on the knees!

Bear- Thanks for letting me drive your car. I told you i take driving serious. And by the way.........me samus owns your sheik....

Zaft- i truly hope that marth wasnt your main.

DoH- i saw you had your hands full with destroying mouf and so i decided to not push our match. next time lets get ours done FIRST so that way you can go back to mouf moesting. Nice car you got!

TGM- I love your combo.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Scav, Rob, Blue : thanks for running things.

Scav: I appreciate the masterminding of the tourny. No worries over the bracket, my losses were well deserved.

Blue/Robbles: I need to play yall more. Blue, I swear you counter me.

Shawn/kin: I must redeem myself against you all. I shouldn't have underestimated. I see MM galore in the future.

Xzalla: Nice matches. You brought the fear in me. I went into a panic after choosing FD with flashbacks of Joe Bushman tech chasing a poor space animal.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
BLAST FROM THE PAST
Yeah guys, it was great to play smash again.
Poot can stand by me when I say Ive played probably a total of 12 hours of smash in the past year and a half.
But some how the ol' school pain came and I was able to do my best this tourny than any other ive attended when I did dedicate my life to melee.
Scav it was great seeing you, guess I gotta start gettin in the swing of things and get my powers back. Aside from Poot and Rage, everyone else were new faces for me to see.
DOH, we had a some good matches, it seems that every Peach ive played in a tourny sends me to the losers bracket, I guess its just fate.
I have to give props to Xzalla for whooping my *** in the ditto of Dorfs we had, the first match was great but I went to **** and missed everything the last round. I want a ditto in the future when Im back to my former glory.

post edit:
Well apparently I still have my MOAST 3 banner, boy its been a while.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah it was fun should have done better but no excuses i guess. NOT!!!
1. That girl that i brought with me was complaining my ear off, so i was off my game...
yeah thats a good excuse :)

Scav- OMG i was so mad and laughing at the same time at corneria. I was pissed at what you were doing, but at the same time it was funny as hell because i love to see people using counterpick stages to their advantage :) good show

Trust i will be back, and i WILL redeem myself.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey Smash players. Just wanted to say what's and it was good to see some other smashers from another state. Since I am the leader of the Colorado chapter of the NVGA all I get too see if my state's smashers. It was good to meet Woobles, Scav and everyone else. Maybe if you can you can come out too our state championship CCCT and we can see how Dallas and the rest of Texas holds up against CO. Feel free to go to our website:

www.ccct2k.com

and check out the chapter and the upcoming CCCT tournament. I'll probably be out there for the next open so I will probably see all of you then as well.

P.S I was the black guy helping run the tournament with I.C.E and had the bum leg :)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Sideeffect you ******* stay off my account... i just noticed i got a flaming warning in this thread!.... I didnt say any of this. I must of stayed logged in at your hlouse....

Top Bottom