• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Josh, they all fail to realize the best thing to use.

A god **** Nintendo 64.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I doubt it's the game, just practice more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHd6G-YG090

I love playing sakura. Lol

Seems like this tournament is a go. I'm checking to see if the venue is free on the 15th. How many people are not going to that UNT tournament? Would you be able to bring complete set ups for 360/ps3/wii SFIV/brawl? I'll post it up on the Southwest forums later tonight. I'll also need help since if this will be a decent turn out I need help in running the tourny since this will be my first tourny to host.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haha, I'm not mad, and I wasn't making a console war post, I was just trying to say that there IS no sound argument for one over the other aside from convenience, which I made, so now I'm done :)

I just said the 360 controllers are bricks because the only other controllers I've seen that are close to the size of them are n64 controllers.

Did I say they were worse? No, I didn't, I just said they were huge, which you can't deny, Gnes, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, people are going to go to the UNT tournament, they had a very successful first run, so you're just dooming yourself to failure by trying to compete with it.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to compete with it. Its just kinda the only day I can host it. Do you think Tuesday or Wednesday is a better day?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Well, since its during spring break, a weekday is FEASIBLE, but it's still probably not the best idea. I honestly recommend that you throw a "fest" rather than a tournament. Fests dont have to compete with tourneys, they are more like practice sessions and hang-out parties.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I'd like to hold a tourny since the people from my old high school are expecting one. I thought I might invite some of the better players so they can get a feel for what real competition is like. I don't mean to "compete" with the pre scheduled tourny. :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you have to hold something, it's better to do it during the week, then. That way people aren't splitting up attendance, and the good players will probably show up to both if they're from Dallas.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I'd like to hold a tourny since the people from my old high school are expecting one. I thought I might invite some of the better players so they can get a feel for what real competition is like. I don't mean to "compete" with the pre scheduled tourny. :(
Why dont yall just go to the UNT tourney then?

Jo0

Smash Cadet
Most of these people arent able to drive or won't be able to go far due to their parents. I can hold it earlier during the week Tuesday or Wednesday should be fine. Will you guys be able to make it?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Or you could do what Empire Arcadia in NYC usually does and hold the tournament on a Sunday. Impractical if you are starting late for school in most districts on Monday, but if you are shooting for a noon start time, then it is perfect.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I really wish we can go to the unt tourny, but as I said earlier most of the people comming from my school might not be willing to drive or be able to. I do want some smashboards and srk members to be able to show up for this tourny just so we can get a good turn out and some competition. I am working on moving it to Tuesday and it will be an all day event from noon till close. I will try to get brawl singles and doubles and sfiv singles and doubles. Sorry if it's inconvient but this might be the earliest I can push it without conflicting with the unt tourny.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Day 1(friday) is just hanging out with the fighting games. We will have a Halo3 2v2 tourney that night and MAYBE a Borderlands 2v2. There will be tons of time for friendlies that night.

Day 2(saturday) will be the tourneys for all the fighting games(tekken, blazblue, sf4, Barwl)

So if you can only make day 2, that wont hurt you at all.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
The following quote is posted on this thread for more exposure. If you are interested in what I am selling, please let me know with a date that you are open so that I can get an accurate headcount.

I may be interested in holding Smash fests at mi casa in Azle, TX for Fort Worth players on a trial run basis. I don't have a set date yet(it will rely on you to help me decide that), but I will provide you some details here so that there will be no confusion when the time comes.

House Rules:

1. There will be a $5 house fee to players and $2 house fee to observers. This will cover food and drinks for the players and cleaning supplies. People are expected to pay this or else they won't be admitted to the house. NO EXCEPTIONS! Note: I will cut down the house fee for the players to $2 if they bring food or a drink to the party.

2. I just got new flooring put into the house. Shoes are expected to come OFF when you step into the house to prevent tracking in of mud. Wear socks please. I am not responsible for lost shoes.

3. I will not budge on this! NO ALCOHOL OR SMOKING! Period! I do live behind a church, and I will kick you out of the house if you smoke or drink.

4. This is in relation to rule 1. I do not have a Wii console. Until I do have one, I will waive the house fee to the first person who brings theirs, and replies in this thread that they are bringing it. If you want to play Street Fighter on PS3, you are more than welcome to bring it(the game + console), but I won't waive the fee if you only bring that.

5. Metaknight is legal in my house, so be warned.

6. I observe Final Round rules for both Melee and Brawl on the matter of stages. You can read the list at Finalround.org.

Other than that, I am a very loose guy. Come and have fun.

I may hold a couple of $2 Round Robin tournaments during the Smash fest, so bring extra money. Winner take all.
The next quote will contain information that I am putting together in celebration for my birthday. Nothing is set in concrete yet, but I want to reserve some dates in regards to TOs and potential conflicts. Again, if you are interested in what I am selling, please reply so that I can get an accurate head count. I will fill in with more information as we get closer to the event.

Sanji's Birthday Bash
Dates: one day in July any where from the 18th to the 31st(my birthday is on the 29th, which is a Thursday)
Venue: TBA*

* It will be at a relative's that much is for certain. More info as I have it.

Games confirmed:

SSF4
KOF 98 UM
KOF XII
KOF 2k2 UM(if SNK releases the game in time for once)
MvC2
ST: HDR

Other games are iffy right now, including Brawl. Again, if someone wants to bring a Wii with a copy of the game, I'm sure that they can accommodate you, seeing as they have some areas with a plug.

Rules TBA.
The lists:

Smashfest:
Sanji

Birthday Bash
Sanji

Jo0

Smash Cadet
What I'm saying is that you should stop making unnecessary motions. When I started playing sf4, I spent a couple hours on the stick making sure I didn't make those kinds of errors. After all, if you plan on doing QCF, don't do DLFKDQCFKP lol.
Yeah lol I am being more precise with my motions. Still trying to get my links and cancels together, christ this game is hard to be consistent at.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah lol I am being more precise with my motions. Still trying to get my links and cancels together, christ this game is hard to be consistent at.
I'm not sure if you're playing on a stick, but if you are, make sure you learn p-linking. It saves you a lot of heart-ache when trying to master some of the tighter links in this game.

Jo0

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if you're playing on a stick, but if you are, make sure you learn p-linking. It saves you a lot of heart-ache when trying to master some of the tighter links in this game.
Yeah I'm still trying to get the hang of that. Sakura's cr.Mk xx h.Shory is freaking getting on my nerves. Pretty much anything canceled into her h.Shory is difficult for me.

Esca

Smash Champion
*Tyson*;9714772( Can't wait till we play in tourney again;)) [/QUOTE said:
Lol yeah you almost had me.

But I didn't know I had 3 ground releases 1 air release and an infinite on you.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm still trying to get the hang of that. Sakura's cr.Mk xx h.Shory is freaking getting on my nerves. Pretty much anything canceled into her h.Shory is difficult for me.
Well, if you can actually abuse the shortcuts to make that cancel easier. SFIV reads 323 as a Shoryuken movement, so if you hold 3 as you do the c.MK, you can easily finish the movement from there (by inputting 23 HP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom