• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Uh oohhhh.

inb4people notice things they're not supposed to notice
o.0

Also, since KirbyKid has made rule and stage changes by request before, I'm making my official requests now.

Please use this stage list at PBT's from now on:

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick:

Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

And unban MK in teams, please.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Haven't really heard back about the friendlies at my place. People said they were interested last night but it doesn't really seem like i'm getting any response about it. Not really worth it if its just going to be a few people =/

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
o.0

Also, since KirbyKid has made rule and stage changes by request before, I'm making my official requests now.

Please use this stage list at PBT's from now on:

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick:

Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

And unban MK in teams, please.
LOL, no offense, but this refined stage list is not very good, either. Three starters gives too great of an advantage to the person who strikes first, upon many other things.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
@guy who said he was from houston:good then you know how bad houston ******s are

@um..mydadsacop.awestin?

mew2king kept calling me gay at hobo11...

flip was there >.>

so was azen..>.>

lets see if i use the term right...ima pretend im a dallas player again:

mew2king is PX status :3

jus tryina fit in^__^

i know i suck...>..>

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
Houston isnt that bad its a fun *** city =D

for ppl therevare reallyn some great brawlers there as for *******s havent met any

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
PBT # 9 Rules

* At the beginning of the days events, everyone will gather around the TO. Here, announcements will be given and matches/molecules will be called. You are responsible for getting of the consoles, gathering around the TO, hearing the announcements.
* Use a cup with a lid if supplies are available. Write your name on the cup.
* Place a napkin over your plate and/or food so that we know that you're done eating. If you're not done with your food and intend on coming back to it, you can leave the plate/food on the mini bar.
* When ordering food, be sure to give the cashier your name (preferably your gamer name) so that we can get the food to you quickly and efficiently.
* No loud cursing or offensive language. Prince Bistro is a family restaurant. Cheering is great, but be mindful if the TO tells you to be quieter or if non tournament people are irritated by the noise.
* Don't turn up the TVs too loud. The people playing at the station should be able to clearly hear the TV. Not the people standing halfway across the room.
* Be sure to check with the TO(s) to redeem any special deals.
* If you're using a TV for free play while the tournament events are being conducted, you are responsible for seeing if anyone needs it for a tournament match and, if so, canceling the match immediately.
* The starter, counter, and banned stages will be posted at the tournament. If not at every TV station, then ask the TO(s) what the stages are or ask the TO(s) for a copy of the stage list.

* In a Molecule style tournament, the winners within each molecule are to play as many matches as they can according to the bracket sheet posted by the TO(s). The molecule format allows for some small breaks to be taken. But if you have a match to play and the tournament is waiting on that match, you must play it in a timely manner.
* Though the molecule system eliminates the need to do this somewhat, it's important to tell the TO(s) where you're going if you're still in the tournament. This includes if you're going outside to chill.
* If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, or suggestions talk to the TO. All formal requests are to be sent via email.

* For any set, if both players agree, they can play by a different set of rules to determine a victor excluding the ability to add matches to the set number. To do so, the TO(s) must be called to the station before the set starts and the TO(s) must approve any changes. Additionally, the winners/losers/grand finals matches are the only matches that can change their number of matches from best out of 3 to best out of 5 after going through the TO approval procedure.

* Metaknight is banned from the teams event.
* Metaknight can only be played for 1 game out of any set whether the set is best out of 3 or 5.

* Watch out for the Summit and Sky World!

SBR Recommended Ruleset
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). Each rule was debated and voted upon in separate topics. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets except the Grand finals are best of 3 matches.
* The winner of the grand finals is determined by a single best of 5 set.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position relative to the stage and not the opponent is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Repeatedly using the edge of a stage to reset invincibility is stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stalling Addendum:

The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Repeatedly using the edge of a stage to reset invincibility is stalling. Do not reset your ledge invincibility more than 3 times in a row (ie. without standing/fighting above the stage for at least 3 seconds). If you repeatedly get knocked to the edge by an opponent, you are free to use ledge invincibility to regain your footing. However, if the number of times you reset on the ledge in this manner exceeds 3 and the opponent keeps forcing you back to the edge, once any of your attacks cleanly connects (ie. hitting the opponent without you getting hit in return) you cannot return to the edge without standing/fighting on the stage for at least 3 seconds.

Here at the PBTournaments, we play by an honor system. Each player is responsible for their own actions. For the first ledge stalling violation, you must inform the opponent that they're stalling. This is their final warning, if they continue to stall at any point in the rest of the match, finish out the match and seek the tournament organizer. In the case of a violation, the match will be given to the non stalling player. All of the matches can't be recorded for review. The tournament organizer(s) can only make decisions to the best of their ability.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Skyworld
The Summit

Banned
Norfair
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
Wario Ware

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Optional Rules

Some rules were discussed in the SBR but were not deemed to be important enough to consider staples to a rule set, or were considered to be too intrusive to be common. We recommended you include any of the following optional rules you deem to be necessary and modify them as needed.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

Notes

* This list is not meant to be copied and pasted, but instead copied and adjusted to fit each tournaments situation (time limits, regional philosophies, etc.).

* All disputes and rule violations are to be settled by the TO(s).

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation.

* Any rule-list that closely follows this guideline may include a note in its opening post (suggested beneath the tournaments title in smaller font) that reads "SBR Certified".

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you serious?

Right after I asked you? I'm really not joking around.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
LOL, no offense, but this refined stage list is not very good, either. Three starters gives too great of an advantage to the person who strikes first, upon many other things.

I could be persuaded on whether Yoshi's Island should go to starter, and I'd rather see Lylat Cruise as a 5th starter than PS1. I've seen WAY too many shenanigans during stage shifts, and things like the part with the tall rock on the left and the windmill generate way too many issues to be a starter, IMO.

As far as the counterpicks go, I think that's a good list, though. It gives players a chance to have a stage in their favor, but not by so much that it's more about the stage than the matchup.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Just got done reading the PBT results thread best soap opera ever.
We may have to change our name from "The Land of the Killers" to something else if these types of things keep occurring. A lot of nonsense has been plaguing our community lately. :ohwell:

EDIT: I think an appropriate remedy would be to have
everyone use Captain Falcon only for the next 2 weeks.

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
pbt # 9 Rules

* For Any Set, If Both Players Agree, They Can Play By A Different Set Of Rules To Determine A Victor Excluding The Ability To Add Matches To The Set Number. To Do So, The To(s) Must Be Called To The Station Before The Set Starts And The To(s) Must Approve Any Changes. Additionally, The Winners/losers/grand Finals Matches Are The Only Matches That Can Change Their Number Of Matches From Best Out Of 3 To Best Out Of 5 After Going Through The To Approval Procedure..
75m Grand Final
WHOOPS DIDNT MEAN TO DOUBLE POST

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Haha, he'll be in for a surprise when he turns up to fight a 40 year old, won't he?
:laugh:

Stage list.
I don't think that would go over too well with everyone else. I would like to have more options than just those 3 stages to start on against a snake, especially a campy one.

This as well.

@KY- <3

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I don't think that would go over too well with everyone else. I would like to have more options than just those 3 stages to start on against a snake, especially a campy one.

I didn't really expect them to adopt it, Texas in general allows a LOT of stages compared to other regions. I've always held to a pretty conservative mindset when it comes to stage legality. Even before I started playing Snake or even Falco before that, I almost always wanted to play neutrals. Texas is too used to having crazy stages available that it would take a long time to get them to the point where they would accept a stage list like that.

I do find it interesting that if you read the comments in Hylian's thread where that list was originally posted, most players from the Atlantic North region and quite a few from the West Coast were very enthusiastic about that stage list. I don't want to put Texas down (I think we're top 3), but Atlantic North and California are both extremely strong regions that don't have a problem with fewer stages available.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Texas is so used to having crazy stages available that it would take a long time to get them to the point where they would accept a stage list like that.
It's not the small counterpick list or the lack of crazy stages, it's just the 3 stage starter list that would create a problem.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Yoshi's Island, PS1, or Lylat cruise could be moved up if that's the problem, I guess. It's mostly the ridiculous counterpicks that bother me.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I take it Angel was one of those who actually was like that youtube video....

NO ITEMS
ONLY FD
ONLY FOX

though ....no one really played with items. Besides what is so ridiculous? Skyworld? That's supposedly a good snake level, yet you complain? Just because the stage isn't flat with 2 or 3 platforms doesn't mean its not playable. Yes, some characters will have advantages over others, but I'm pretty sure that's the point of counterpicks...

Sudai

Stuff here
I really wanna get into some people with the stage things..but I'm not going to because I'm not really a part of your community........yet. ; )

Dallas, you guys should come to a Louisiana tourney some time. Fogo and DPHat were both talking about coming to our tournament on Feb 1st. You guys should come some time. ; )

Mydadsacop, I'm probably gonna try to make it to Dallas on the weekend of the 7th since HOBO14 got moved. I might not though as I've been mildly depressed lately and if that persist, I can't see myself wanting to make a 5 hour drive..but I might anyway cause I always have so much fun when I do come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom