• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
That is why I am absolutely convinced that the place[Gamerz Dome] needs help. I'm going to be there, not to play, but to observe to see how exactly are they running their tournaments, and see exactly what advice I can give them, FROM A TOs PERSPECTIVE, to improve their ruleset.

Ruin, you also have to keep in mind that their definition of a tournament is just one game mode. They CAN'T run full day tournaments like Phase or HOBO because they also have to rent out the TVs to hourly rate people who do wish to play on the tournament TV. As I said in the Fort Worth thread, they charge $100 an hour for tournaments. While it is impractical and outragous for tournaments like Phase or HOBO, $100 An hour would make perfect financial sense for just doing a very small one game tournaments like they are doing.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
^^ in response to the above.

Enjoy your $5 spectator pass. You can get the same satisfaction by subscribing an xbox live account for a much better bargain. Halo, Madden, Blackops and Brawl all got online capabilities.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm hearing quite a bit about project M. Anyone got it and want to play????
I have it. It's a lot of fun. I can bring it to Serious Cat's smashfest tomorrow. We'll need to move all his custom stages to a back up SD card for it to work.

@RedShadow: You got to play it?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
i downloaded it earlier this week. apparently my demo is ****ed up because i hear the spacies are like melee, but with mine their respective shines are still the same as their brawl counterparts

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario looked kinda broken. His Side B does a ton of damage and knockback now, and he can combo into fart.

Denti

Smash Master
In the alpha version Olimar could cg down throw people till like 45% or greater and then afterwords can follow into a fair or up smash still. Odds are he still can... combossssssssss

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
what is it??
Lucas can appearantly cancel a downwards airdodge into any special attack. I have not tried it yet. I've never liked playing as the Psychic boys.

@RedShadow: Yeah, dude, your game didn't load correctly. Fox and Falco play almost EXACTLY like they do in Melee. The only difference is because of landing detection, they land earlier (so no double laser for Fox atm).

Sonic is almost like the new space animal. Now that his spin dashes do damage while charging, he can throw them out in a shine like manner and jump cancel them. If you shield his forward-b, you'll get grabbed thanks to shield cancelling. I suppose with jump cancelling, that also means he can wavedash out of spindash... fffffu...

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
ok problem solved i think

apparently the SD card you're using has to be 2gigs or less. i was using 4gigs

about to play it for real now :)

EDIT: it's weird but fun

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I had a dream last night that I was MMing DPhat's MK. Game 1 we went PS1. He was at 174%, and I was at 74%. I recovered low twice in a row against him, and he read me the second time and scooped me. :(

Then I woke up.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
So did anyone else go to the Walmart Mvc3 tournament? We had like 20entrants at mine and i won!!! Yay for getting the game for free, a poster and capcom-unity points to spend on their site!!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
are we having another Phase this month?

So did anyone else go to the Walmart Mvc3 tournament? We had like 20entrants at mine and i won!!! Yay for getting the game for free, a poster and capcom-unity points to spend on their site!!
cool who did you use

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
DANG TYSON congrats on ur win as well as team choice as i also am a huge fan of all of them. I plan on using arthur haggar and ill try chris as his body is too impressive not to

Suspect

Smash Hero
the gamestops here canceled the midnight release last minute, plus I didnt have a valentine...well I did but I blew her off for MvC3

forever alone

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dallas, long time no see. I was wondering if anyone would be up some games later for MvC3. I'll be getting the game for both platforms, so hit me up.
360 gamertag = Silly Skratch

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Billy, I don't understand that post in the slightest...

I don't play fighters, but I play on picking up Phoenix. She looks fun especially after watching Sethlon tear people apart last night with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom