• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Guys, I think I found an awesome venue for the next Phase on June 5th. It's at a game store. They give out free food too! Gonna go talk to the manager today after work.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DPhat, a week's worth of games is a lot when I have to use a VPN to circumvent school wireless issues and the VPN only gives me 3 Gigs of data transfer a month, lol... oh, and being in medical school and all.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Is June 5th a bad date?

Here's the problem:

June 5th - OPEN
June 12th - Hobo / Out of town
June 19th - Father's Day Weekend / Out of town
June 26th - OPEN

I was planning on having Phase 9 on June 5th and Phase 10 on June 26th. I understand that June 5th is also MLG and Akon, but I figured i might as well try. If people would rather go to akon than phase then I just wont do june 5th... which means no tourney until the 26th (far away).

I was planning on doing Balanced Brawl June 5th and Normal Brawl June 26th... Brawl- as a side event at both dates. And for those of you who don't know if you'll like Balanced brawl or not, just trust me on this one: you will love it.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'll go to Phase rather than A-kon. The tournament at A-kon doesn't look like it'll be very good, plus it's something like $60 to get in to A-kon and then however much for the tournament. I'd love to go to A-kon, but if you do Phase I'll be there instead.

<3 Dallas and Phase tourneys

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow = Monday or Tuesday?
this man's smart question should be answered soon.

Zac: That's a tough decision to make. Either way u do it, attendance will fall.
1-host phase, some people wont be there=attendance fall
2-dont host phase, nobody will be there=attendance fall

I offer another suggestion. Why not just host a small smashfest or tournament that weekend? Since the turnout is going to be low, might as well lower expectations and not commit to paying a venue fee.

Denti

Smash Master
isn't the smash tournament on friday for akon like it was last year? if so i'd do both. And yea..... I'm waiting to hear if that's today or tomorrow as well XD

edit: i asked google, they told me brawl tournament is Saturday.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I talked to MGC about the dallas event. They are offering a pair of shoes (wtf?) and mcdonalds gift cards as prize rewards. FML. Any1 wanna play LoL?

Denti

Smash Master
I talked to MGC about the dallas event. They are offering a pair of shoes (wtf?) and mcdonalds gift cards as prize rewards. FML. Any1 wanna play LoL?
http://www.dfwgames.net/1/Akon/AKon21VideoGameConsoleRoomSchedule/tabid/183/Default.aspx

the website says 100 dollars, 25 cloths gift card, shoes, and a shirt. XD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wait it's MGC that's running A-kon... lol I'm sorry guys. Chances are they are going to use those laggy TVs again and make you play 4 stock matches at 6 min. And there tourney starts at 7pm?

Yeah I think i'm going to go ahead with Phase 9 on June5th. Thread should be up later today.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I was planning on doing Balanced Brawl June 5th and Normal Brawl June 26th... Brawl- as a side event at both dates. And for those of you who don't know if you'll like Balanced brawl or not, just trust me on this one: you will love it.

June 26 for regular brawl sounds great!! I will be there 95%

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Wait it's MGC that's running A-kon... lol I'm sorry guys. Chances are they are going to use those laggy TVs again and make you play 4 stock matches at 6 min. And there tourney starts at 7pm?

Yeah I think i'm going to go ahead with Phase 9 on June5th. Thread should be up later today.
According to the site they're using SBR rules, but the TVs are prolly gonna be laggy again.

See you guys at Phase!

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Infinity was at a Ft Worth Smashfest yesterday so I guess he's trying to get back in to the scene if he can.
tbh, I really really miss ol' Infinity. Sean play wit us more plz.

about Akon. I probably am gonna go cuz i'd like to take Elise wit me. Haven't talked 2 her yet, but we could prob have fun there.

Is the akon tourny same day as phase zac?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Just for clarification, dphat's fest is going to be on tuesday. I will be there, please come play with me lol
Can I get story time with Uncle Foges while I'm there?

I love Fogo.

And miss Dallas.
You coming to Hobo?

I love Dojo. <and sno cones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

And miss Infinity.
Come to Andy's tomorrow! I wanna play teams with you :D

Ive seen infinity posting more now. Is he coming back to the scene?
Perhaps ;)

(Yes :p )

tbh, I really really miss ol' Infinity. Sean play wit us more plz.
I am dude, I am. I'm going to both Phase 9 and Hobo25 :D

Just so everyone knows my smashfest is tomorrow (tuesday). Everyone is welcomed all I ask is some form of food/beverage that you can share with 5-10 people.
Does a 12 pack or Cherry Coke work? I can be there between 6 and 7, get off of work at 5.

---------------------

p.s. - No one steal my Spree pls :(

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I wish i went to phase.... El Pasos only plans for now are austin and San angelo if they host one. (in texas anyways) I cant team though cause me and burrito have to practice in case we go to APEX.
I definitely want you to help me out in some team MMs though

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I read somewhere on MGC that the winner will be able to participate in like grand something or other. Then the top 16 get flown to las vegas or something. They are pretty vague so Phase 9 sounds like alot more fun imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom