• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deoxys support thread.(DLC.)

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for this, then again, Pokemon does have quite a few reps already.... Anwyay, Deoxys is one of my most wanted newcomers for smash. Even if his chances aren't the best, I still think he would have an awesome move set. Here's one I thought of myself, I'm not that creative, so I'm sure future supporters in this thread will come up with better move sets.
Basic Deoxys Special Moves and Final Smash

Normal B: Focus blast. No, it's not extremely powerful like in the game. It's your average charge up move. It's much like Aura Sphere, but it can charge for a longer period of time. It's weaker than aura sphere when it's not charged, but it's stronger when it's fully charged.

Side B: Ice punch. This move can be charged much like Marth's main special, if the opponent is caught in a fully charged punch, they will be frozen and launched.

Down B: Cosmic Power. It works like Wii Fit Trainer's down B, except it increases his defense and gets shielding. He goes into defense form while using this move.

Up B: Extreme Speed. Yeah, I know, Lucario already has this. However, for Deoxys this works differently. It's an actual attack, but it still won't KO opponents. Deoxys goes into speed form using this, if you get caught into the recovery, he will perform a serious of jabs. He goes into speed form while using this.

Final Smash: Psyhco Boost. He will charge a psychic ball of energy that is thrown at the opponents. It's fast, but small, it's also a one hit kill but can only hit one fighter.

Yeah, I know, not accurate to the games, but neither are the other move sets for the pokemon in smash.

I'll work on the rest of the move set later.

Supporter list:
@Megalon72
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
@ ender_idk ender_idk
@AndreaAC (Hasn't spoken, but seems to be a supporter.)
@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
@ Curious Villager Curious Villager
@ Sahfarry Sahfarry
@ fogbadge fogbadge
@The Gerbil
@ Zerp Zerp
@ Wintropy Wintropy
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
@ R RidleyTheGreat
@ TheBrainJem TheBrainJem

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Deoxys is my favorite Gen 3 legendary, and I think he would be a great choice for Smash.

So count me in for supporting him! :b:
Good to see you around and SSS. I'll gladly add you to the list too. :3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Deoxys would be have been a great addition, I especially supported it during the Brawl days.

Too bad it suffers from the same odd-number gen curse as its gen 5 buddies did (Unless your gen 1).................. :T

D

Deleted member

Yeah, thats one of the first things that came to my mind, sadly.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
i'd support this.

but there surely has to be a different move that he has that can be his up special/

D

Deleted member

i'd support this.

but there surely has to be a different move that he has that can be his up special/
I know. Just keep in mind that I came up with off the top of my head. It's actually my first time coming up with a move set. Tell you what, I'll polish it later today.

So if anyone has any good ideas for a move set, please post them. I'd like to hear ideas from other members.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i have often thought that a pokemon that can change forms like deoxys (or meloetta) would make interssing character if they could change forms mid battle

they could keep they same moveset and each form would have its own pros and cons like a more elaborate version of shulks monado arts

D

Deleted member

Interesting idea. I was originally going to have his main special like the monado arts. But I thought that would've been a little OP with the rest of the move set I'm planning.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If he resurfaced in the Pokemon plotlines, sure.
So far he appears to me to be no standout, though. About as much as Gardevoir- interesting, but nothing important, particularly in the anime, which is where it counts.

D

Deleted member

If he resurfaced in the Pokemon plotlines, sure.
So far he appears to me to be no standout, though. About as much as Gardevoir- interesting, but nothing important, particularly in the anime, which is where it counts.
Good, because Deoxys I wouldn't be surprised if he relieved some special treatment soon.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
With his resurgence into relevancy in ORAS I think he has a real shot at dlc, you can count me as an supporter, he has real moveset potential so I'd definitely like to play as him.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah ORAS is kinda what I'm thinking of here.

That and Mewtwo sets a good precedent for this sort of thing.

And also he looks cool.

Lovecraftian abomination that he is~

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
With his resurgence into relevancy in ORAS I think he has a real shot at dlc, you can count me as an supporter, he has real moveset potential so I'd definitely like to play as him.
He isn't that important in ORAS though- and more important thant he game line has been the 'movies' (and anime), according to Sakurai on "choosing Pokemon."

D

Deleted member

Wasn't that important? Weather trio and possibly hoop aside, he was the most notable legendary in the game. I mean, he almost caused mass destruction to hoenn. In other words, he was pretty much the last major threat in the game.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
He isn't that important in ORAS though- and more important thant he game line has been the 'movies' (and anime), according to Sakurai on "choosing Pokemon."
He's still the superboss of ORAS. That's gotta count for something.

I'm honestly expecting him to return to the animated side of things in due time - dude's got so much potential, it'd be bizarre not to make use of it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He's still the superboss of ORAS. That's gotta count for something.

I'm honestly expecting him to return to the animated side of things in due time - dude's got so much potential, it'd be bizarre not to make use of it.
Wasn't that important? Weather trio and possibly hoop aside, he was the most notable legendary in the game. I mean, he almost caused mass destruction to hoenn.
So he is the equivalent of a far less deserving Mewtwo then, and not nearly as memorable?
Considering how difficult Mewtwo's journey has been...

D

Deleted member

@Megalon72

We aren't supposed to make support threads for the next Smash until it's been officially announced.

@AEM
No need to lock. I changed my mind, he could work for smash 4.
So he is the equivalent of a far less deserving Mewtwo then, and not nearly as memorable?
Considering how difficult Mewtwo's journey has been...
Yeah, no. Last time I checked in the game's story, Mewtwo wasn't about to destroy a whole city and possibly a whole region.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The point isn't whether he's likely or not, the point is whether people want to support him or not.

Hell, I'm not even a Pokémon fan and I can see that this freak from outer space is a sentient moveset waiting to happen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well even thoug deoxys is a pokeball pokemon in smash 4

Count me in on this

And to add the form transformations too his set it works simular to shulks neutral but not as strong effect as mondo arts due to you can be in the forms for as long as you want (and yes the moves barely change when he switches forms)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll be writing down a summary of reasons of why he should be in the game around this week. Sorry, I've been busy.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry to say this, but the summary has been postponed due to stress. If anyone would like to take the honor in doing it, go ahead and I'll add it into the OP.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm sorry to say this, but the summary has been postponed due to stress. If anyone would like to take the honor in doing it, go ahead and I'll add it into the OP.
Well, I'm not too well-versed in Pokémon lore and mechanics, but if you want to give me a basic rundown of what you're looking for, let me know and I'll write up a full OP for you!

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm not too well-versed in Pokémon lore and mechanics, but if you want to give me a basic rundown of what you're looking for, let me know and I'll write up a full OP for you!
You'll have to wait for me to get in a better mood, as of right now I'm not feeling good in the slightest.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'd support it. I always wanted Deoxys, since Pre-Brawl. Even tho he is a Pokéball Pokémon, I don't mind, count me in on supporting him.

RidleyTheGreat

Banned via Warnings
I'll support this. It sounds rather interesting, but I agree to the comment earlier that he could have a different up B since Lucario already has it. Interesting moveset though.

D

Deleted member

I'll support this. It sounds rather interesting, but I agree to the comment earlier that he could have a different up B since Lucario already has it. Interesting moveset though.
Welcome to the forums! And I kinda lost hope for this ever being bumped again, but it's nice to see another person support this.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread for this, then again, Pokemon does have quite a few reps already.... Anwyay, Deoxys is one of my most wanted newcomers for smash. Even if his chances aren't the best, I still think he would have an awesome move set. Here's one I thought of myself, I'm not that creative, so I'm sure future supporters in this thread will come up with better move sets.
Basic Deoxys Special Moves and Final Smash

Normal B: Focus blast. No, it's not extremely powerful like in the game. It's your average charge up move. It's much like Aura Sphere, but it can charge for a longer period of time. It's weaker than aura sphere when it's not charged, but it's stronger when it's fully charged.

Side B: Ice punch. This move can be charged much like Marth's main special, if the opponent is caught in a fully charged punch, they will be frozen and launched.

Down B: Cosmic Power. It works like Wii Fit Trainer's down B, except it increases his defense and gets shielding. He goes into defense form while using this move.

Up B: Extreme Speed. Yeah, I know, Lucario already has this. However, for Deoxys this works differently. It's an actual attack, but it still won't KO opponents. Deoxys goes into speed form using this, if you get caught into the recovery, he will perform a serious of jabs. He goes into speed form while using this.

Final Smash: Psyhco Boost. He will charge a psychic ball of energy that is thrown at the opponents. It's fast, but small, it's also a one hit kill but can only hit one fighter.

Yeah, I know, not accurate to the games, but neither are the other move sets for the pokemon in smash.

I'll work on the rest of the move set later.

Supporter list:
@Megalon72
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
@ ender_idk ender_idk
@AndreaAC (Hasn't spoken, but seems to be a supporter.)
@ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
@ Curious Villager Curious Villager
@ Sahfarry Sahfarry
@ fogbadge fogbadge
@The Gerbil
@ Zerp Zerp
@ Wintropy Wintropy
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
@ R RidleyTheGreat
I love the final smash, though I think it should cause an explosion on impact that can KO any other fighters near by, so it can be more effective for smash games with more that two fighters.

Anyways, I support it. (^_^)

D

Deleted member

I love the final smash, though I think it should cause an explosion on impact that can KO any other fighters near by, so it can be more effective for smash games with more that two fighters.

Anyways, I support it. (^_^)
Okay, that sounds like a good idea.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well, Deoxys is one of my favorite sci-fi movie villains of all time (which is helped by the fact that its movie has numerous similarities to War of the Worlds - not just the Spielberg version, all versions, even the original book and the radio broadcast), up there with Darth Vader and Khan (Star Wars and Star Trek DLC anyone? note that Nintendo has a long history with the former's owners Disney).

Of course, since Deoyxs has multiple forms, they should all be separate playable characters. Since Zelda and Sheik are separate characters and you can't change between them in-match anymore, likewise all Deoxys Forms would be separate icons on the character select screen.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, it seems I'm late to the party, but I have to say, as a person who really isn't inti Pokémon that much, I LOOOOOVE Deoxys! My favorite Pokémon by far. I would love to support this as well! SiGn mE tHe **** uP. (gOoD **** )

And yeah the moveset sounds awesome too. I had also imagined him to have Monado art like transformations for his diff stat forms.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Deoxys is my favorite Gen 3 legendary, and I think he would be a great choice for Smash.

So count me in for supporting him! :b:
I really never like Deoxys hated his normal form design and u know..mew2 rip off what not.. gen3 was hot...but he/it grew on me alot expecially when the different forms came out mainly attack and speed forms look awsome.. and the movie with RayQ

Top Bottom