• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Denti's Bizzare Adventure! Aftershock Qualifier![Nov. 8th, 2014]

Oracle

Smash Master

Tourney Locator Presents:
Denti's Bizzare Adventure!
November 8th, 2014
Tourney Locator Thread

Introducing the first large-scale Smash 4 tournament in DFW Metroplex! Featuring Smash 4 3DS singles and doubles, Denti's Bizzare Adventure will be the place in Dallas to test your skills against the best in the area, including TLoc|Denti, Dakpo, Bwett, and Jumpman, the runner up at the Nintendo Smash 4 Invitational!

Aftershock Qualifier!
This event will be the first qualifying tournament for Aftershock! For those that don't know, Aftershock is a massive regional tournament for Smash 4, Project M, and Melee that will take place in early 2015. All Aftershock qualifiers will lead up to this event; your placements will factor into a ranking, and the top 8 in each game will not only get free venue and entry into the event of their choice, but will also be guaranteed a spot in the final 16 man bracket!
3000 Custer Rd
Plano, TX 75075
FX Game Exchange is the home for most Tourney Locator events. It's a great place to hang out, play games, and to shop for old school and newer video games!

Events and Fees
Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)​

Schedule
11:00- Doors Open, Registration Begins
12:00- Doubles Registration Ends, Doubles Begins
1:30- Singles Registration ends, Singles Begin
4:00- Swiss rounds end, Lunch Break
5:00- Top Cut Begins
10:00- Tournament Finishes

Rules (NOT FINAL)

This event will follow the Swiss format!

* 2 Stocks, 6 Minutes

* Each Swiss round will last 25 minutes and be best 2 out of 3.

* The number of Swiss rounds will be determined by the number of entrants.

* At the end of the Swiss rounds the Top 8 players in the standings will be added to a double-elimination bracket. (If more than 64 people, each event will be cut to top 16)

* Top Cut will be best 2 out of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5.

Stages:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Prism Tower
Any 'For Glory' stage

* Choosing a starter is done by a stage-striking process. The player with the lower seeding chooses which stage to strike first, then the player with the higher seeding chooses which stage to strike second and the last stage remaining is the starter stage.

* The player who did not win the most recent game chooses the stage during counterpicking. There are no stage bans.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule IS NOT in effect.

* For doubles, should we decide to host as part of the event, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. This includes modifying your 3DS to allow utilization of a GameCube controller.

* No excessive stalling. You know what this means.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as the match finishes within the designated Swiss schedule.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset; this does not include extending match times in Swiss rounds.

These rules are a placeholder, and may change in the upcoming days.​

Payouts
If less than 10 entrants
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

More than 10, less than 32 Entrants;
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

32+ Entrants
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5% each

Stream:
Livestream will be provided by Tourney Locator
Make sure you come out to have some fun, compete, and spectate some of the highest level Smash 4 our state has to offer!

Last edited:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
*cough*banteampika/gnwplease*cough*

Excited for this tourney :D

Oracle

Smash Master
Pika and gw will be banned, forgot to put that in the info. Also probably doing 3 stock for dubs, but not sure yet

D

Deleted member

This is on my Mom's birthday.

I'll be there in spirit.

Oracle

Smash Master
Alright everyone, we need to talk about the elephant in the room: custom moves. The game has been out for a while, and there hasn't been many exploits or game breaking tactics with custom moves, and they seem rather balanced! I feel as though they could add a very interesting aspect to the game. I want to see what the community wants before I set up any tournament rules! Weigh in on your opinions here! What do you think; should custom moves be banned or kept legal?

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
Alright everyone, we need to talk about the elephant in the room: custom moves. The game has been out for a while, and there hasn't been many exploits or game breaking tactics with custom moves, and they seem rather balanced! I feel as though they could add a very interesting aspect to the game. I want to see what the community wants before I set up any tournament rules! Weigh in on your opinions here! What do you think; should custom moves be banned or kept legal?
Custom moves if mii fighters are allowed

OneManJam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-0959-0009
I think it's still way too early in the scene to determine what is broken and what isn't as we are still leaning things about the game as time goes by. I say keep them off, better safe than sorry for now. However, if they are on, it will add an interesting twist to this tournament. Whether this twist is a bad one, well I suppose only time can tell on that aspect.

On a serious note, I still say off.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Wouldn't kill anyone to try this. I say it'd be an interesting change of pace, it's an element of the game that should definitely be tried more than once until a final verdict on it can be had. They seem fine for now, so why not?

And another thing, why would Pikachu and Game & Watch be banned in teams? Easy Oil Panic charges, or is there something else I'm missing?

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to an overwhelming majority of responses, custom moves will be BANNED at the first Denti's Bizzare Adventure. However, they will most likely be used at the 2nd one. We will test with them on at a few of the weekly tournaments before we turn them on, so be prepared!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fascinating...

Oracle

Smash Master
Ive heard some rumors of a houston carpool! If you wanted to play anyone from houston, now is the time!

Oracle

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. Ive finalized the ruleset as 2 stock, six minutes, customizations are off. This may change for future tournaments, but for now, this is exactly what we will be using for Saturday.
2. We will be doing an additional side event, but I havent decided which one! So far, the chouces ive come up with have been Wasaeda doubles (random teammate dubs), equipment singles, random character singles, or 1 stock 1 minute singles. I'll leave the decision up to yall! To vote, click "compete" on the tourneylocator event page ( http://www.tourneylocator.com/Tourney/20483), and comment with whichever side event you want to see! I'll tally the votes up thursday at midnight. Remember, you can also suggest an event I havent mentioned in the comments, and if it gets enough votes I'll run it!

Top Bottom