• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(DEN)Marth Vs (ROB)C.Falcon, Rate us!

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
You both played quite well. The Falcon (Rob) did an excellent job of using the shield to block your recovery, but he should know that he can meteor cancel out of marths dancing blade. He probably does know that but since the >B meteor is rarely used, he probably didn't expect it.
You (Den) did well also, but my critique would be that you used forward smash in a couple of bad spots. Like, a one time you got smash happy and tried smash him like three times in a row and he got you with an aerial the last time you missed. Also, that charged forward smash was bad but you were fortunate that he didn't hit you. Finally, you seemed to be full jumping a lot. I don't know if you were trying mind games or what but one time you did it and when you finally landed you got raptor boosted by him which could have turned into a combo real quick. Also, when he had his back to the tree, you kept full jumping when you could have just grabbed him. Overall though, you both still played well.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Nicely done. You both know what you're doing basically.

For Marth:
Try using SH double F-airs to combo and rack some damage when you see your opponent is having a hard time DI'ing away from you. Try tech chasing into a couple more grabs. If you're being attacked from under a platform then Down-B is a good move to shrug them off.

For Cpt. Falcon:
Try CCing (Crouch Cancelling) into d-tilts and follow them up with aerials. Also try triangle jumping into grabs and jabs.

Smashmen

Smash Cadet
Thx for the comments (i'm Rob) and i use yoshi, capt, and falco ;3
And this not the best match for me.

Denfox

Smash Journeyman
;d

Thanks for your comments! Im realy need to know my mistakes, and like ROB say this match is not good for us =P, we only have this match xD
I have a problem with full jumps ;__; (Mindgames xD)

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your comments! Im realy need to know my mistakes, and like ROB say this match is not good for us =P, we only have this match xD
I have a problem with full jumps ;__; (Mindgames xD)

i didn't want to be mean about your full jumps so that's why i said you might be trying mindgames.:)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
really good, just a few comments for marth. i don't play cfalc and while i was watching the videos i was paying full attention to marth so yeah, all comments for marth XD:

1) more shorthops please! cfalc can run in and uair you like a madman if he expects it. but don't just shorthop, then cfalc double jumps and stomps. either way, try not to be too predictable when jumping.

2) you mainly know when to use the right move, but when the level was changed into the tree you kept trying to forward air. you should have u-tilted, as it hits in front of you, too. look for a couple of more times when another move would have been more acceptable. it's mainly when you are very close to him that you seem to choose the wrong move. even a dash dance to grab would have worked fine.

3) edgeguarding. you seemed to take a while to get there is all. try run to shorthopped bair onto the ledge. then get up from the ledge if you need to and punish then.

Top Bottom