• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Demo tier list?

Which character is best?

• Mario

Votes: 74 38.3%
  • Link

Votes: 36 18.7%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Villager

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • Megaman

Votes: 12 6.2%

• Total voters

Wyattkins

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wyattkins
3DS FC
2707-1796-0102
Just for fun.

1. I'd have to say Villager. :4villager: He's so much fun and for someone who isn't good at smash, I can actually get combos with him.

2. Mario. :4mario: Once again, I can actually hit a combo with up tilts and bairs. Also that SMW cape noise is so

3. Link. :4link: His projectiles are so good, except I don't like his dash attack.

4. Pikachu. :4pikachu: He's alright, I just can't really figure out how to use him.

5.Megaman. :4megaman: The lack of a proper ftilt makes me really upset. The only move I really like on him is his bair and smash attacks. His Dair is fun to hit, but it's too hard to hit.

Once again, this is just for fun.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
:4villager::4link:
:4pikachu::4mario:
:4megaman:

Mega Man just isn't clicking with me. I feel like he relies too much on projectiles, and I love projectiles. Basically, I feel like the love & care put into making him feel like Mega Man works against him and makes him feel like he doesn't work as a 'brawler'. I basically just don't like his reliance on the Mega Buster, because it's kind of useless, meanwhile everyone else has tons of options up close in addition to distance moves.

I'm sure people will get him and make him work. Especially those that dedicate time to it, but it just doesn't match my play style really. And I don't feel like his projectiles do enough damage to warrant focusing on long-ranged fights.

Pikachu & Mario are in the middle because there's nothing wrong with them. They just don't impress me or make me feel much different than I did in Brawl, and I still don't enjoy FLUDD as Mario's Down+B (Now, if he had the Jet Nozzle? Forget it, I'd be all over it).

Link has changed a lot, and feels closer to what I liked about him pre-Brawl, and what I liked about Toon Link in Brawl.

Villager feels great. Fresh, new, fun, exciting, all over the place, tons of options and ideas.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
:4mario:>:4pikachu:> the rest

Last edited:

rodroid321

Smash Rookie
With me its :4villager:,:4megaman:,:4mario:,:4link:,:4pikachu:. Villager is amazing, end of story. I like Mega Man because he is great in the air, and his smash attacks and dash attack are amazing. Mario is good all around. Link is strong but I'm not that good with him. And I've always sucked with Pikachu and Smash 4 is no exception.

Dan

Smash Lord
1. Mario
2. Villager
3. Pikachu
4. Mega Man
5. Link

FieryFetus

Smash Cadet
NNID
FieryFetus
3DS FC
1263-7040-1503
For me:

1. :4megaman:
2. :4mario:
3. :4pikachu:
4.:4link:
5. :4villager:

I like the villager but I don't see myself playing as him too much, MegaMan is really fun for me though.

Bagel Spanker

Smash Rookie
From best (top) to worst (bottom)
:4villager: Requires a campy playstyle, but provides a ton of options. Bowling ball edgeguarding is very strong. Insane recovery makes the only way to kill a villager being hitting a blast zone.
:4mario: Not much to say here, just Mario being Mario.
:4link: Much better than in previous games, but nothing special.
:4pikachu: I find it hard to get KO's with Pikachu. Without a forward smash at high percent it just seems ridiculously difficult to kill. Great recovery as always.
:4megaman: I just can't seem to find a good way to play Megaman. Even when playing a campy playstyle he seems to lack effective killmoves. His recovery isn't all that great either in comparison to Villager and Pikachu. His forward tilt is probably the best and worst thing about him at the same time.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
TOP: Mario, Villager
Upper Mid: Pikachu
Lower mid: Link
Bottom: Mega Man

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
:4villager:His slingshot is great. His smashes work well and his tilts are great!
:4pikachu:Skull Bash is great for recovery now. Otherwise, not much to say.
:4mario:Better at comboing, but not much new for him.
:4link:His recovery is still lackluster, but I love his new dash attack.
:4megaman:My opinion is that MM is BAD. The fact that he has no unique f-tilt or n-air really bugs me, because those moves are integral to my playstyle. Specials are bad, smashes and up tilt are very punishable.

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Mario is too good , he has a move for any situation and when you put him against :

Megaman : You cape all he does even his Side smash , also you're faster

Villager : You cape all he does even his side smash

Link : You're faster , you're a combo machine specially because Link is a little heavier , you cape all his items and his recovery

Pikachu : I think Pikachu is the only fair 1V1 mario has in this Demo

I don't Know I want Robin too be good

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
:4mario::4villager:
:4pikachu:
:4megaman:
:4link:

Mario and Pikachu are combo monsters and are both really good at gimping recoveries. Megaman is really good if you know how to use him. His pellets are very underrated and is probably one of his best moves, he's really good at spacing and punishing. Link is faster overall and Villager has a really annoying recovery(for the opposing player of course) and is a nightmare if he gets you offstage. Try going over the tree? You get knocked back by a forward air. Try going for the ledge? Your skull gets smashed in by a whole tree. Villager is also really good at spacing. There's not really a huge gap between any of the characters and it's really well balanced. Link isn't really bad at all and he's the best he's ever been in any smash game and he was my favorite character in the demo for a while. His new dash attack is awesome and can actually kill but it's kind of slow.

TL:DR: Mario and Pikachu are combo/gimping monsters, Link is much better than he ever was before, Villager is the KING of edgeguarding, and Megaman is underrated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom