• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Delfino Plaza Discussion

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Does anyone notice theres Paint from Baby Bowsers paintbrush on the 2nd screenshot?
Where? I don't see any...

If you mean those red circle things on the ground, that's not paint. Those are manholes.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
I would love a bit of a heavier touch to the music of Delfino...

Maybe a few of those fat pointy nose guys throwing in some fruit, or shadow mario running past. :p

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
A very nice stage. I look forward to playing on it and I really like the idea that you fight all over the island.

Regarding the music - perhaps we will be able to unlock a mode where we can assign music to each stage as we see fit? It would be a nice feature but the problem with it, is that the music should technically belong to a stage and as such it should really only be played on the stage to which it belongs. But then again customisation is good right? :confused: hmmm

Dave

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Ah, it's nice to know that Petey gets a stage to call his own.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i just hope this stage has parts where fight right over (or possibly in) the water ^^

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
now this stage just looks amazing a diffent inprove on the grafic form the gamecube and yes this level looks every fun

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Looks like we get to fight on that little island off-shore, which is pretty cool. Did anyone notice that in the screenshot with Snake, that the background is a little wonky? (Look at the boardwalk behind him, you can see the bottom of it even though it's supposed to be underwater, I think) Also, I hope we can fight in front of Corona Mountain.

burrito

Smash Lord
I like this stage, but it bothers me how empty it is. Delfino Plaza is supposed to be a lively tourist location, it should be filled with Piantas and such, but it isn't.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Can't wait for more on this, from the Dojo.
I love Delfino Plaza. In SMS it had a great feel to it, and the music in the game definately helped. I don't know how that's going to work in Brawl, I'm sure it'll be good!!

Rocked up Delfino Plaza music FTW!!
(actually that's apparentely somebody's "F-Zero Remix" What a coincidence, consdering Delfino Plaza is like the new Mute City! XD)

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Going around to every stage to bring in some new info sorta

A few more confirmed drop locations

On the beach

The Sprite tower has platforms, so that is one (old news)

At the Tokyo game conference they showed pics on snake, one of them he was on top of two of the builidngs

Also, in the vidoes from the demo, it is confirmed that the stage gets new platforms every time it flies off (I think so anyway...can't remember what video it was), but in the nintendo conference movie it was liek battle field, but in other videos the platforms were curved

Here is the video http://http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159420.html

User33

Smash Journeyman
In the IGN video, the floating islands, rooftops and a sandy island are also confirmed

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So just how many locations do we have on this thing?

For my count it seems to be.

1. Main square of Delfino Plaza where the statue used to be.
2. Entrance to Noki Bay, where the dolphin statue is.
3. Sand island in the west
4. Sand island in the east (Due ot positioning in the background, it's evidant that there are at least two island stops. The one in the east side has a pipe, as shown in the new videos)
5. Piller Islands.
6. Roof tops infront of the main square.
7. Opposite of number the number 2 spot, there is this location that doesn't really have a land mark. It can be distinguished though by the water way that's on the right hand side.
8. Possibly the shine tower.
9. The floating stage itself.

Is there anything I'm missing? >_>

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's a lot of locations. If I could only use one stage, this would be it.

I hope we play near that one house with the moles that give you shine sprites for blue coins.

Top Bottom