• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yes, Yoshis works for certain. Why that poster removed it from the sticky in the thread is beyond me. The timing is weird, but not difficult.

Benjamin Linus

Smash Apprentice
You mentioned jiggs being able to escape by using a rest? im sorry but what you said was incorrect. if Jiggs can rest and escape she can do other things as well. A airdodge comes out about as fast as rest. she can probably also nair inbetween as well.

Browny

Smash Hater
why on earth is kirby uthrow - uair listed as a CG. its nothing more than a 2 hit combo (lol, 2 hit combo...) hardly qualifies as a CG of any sort

and im pretty sure lucario cant be CG'd by falco to any reasonable %, in the same was lucario cant CG a few characters like MK to any decent %, it can still be done, but only once, where it then leads into a dthrow.

Ulevo

Smash Master
You mentioned jiggs being able to escape by using a rest? im sorry but what you said was incorrect. if Jiggs can rest and escape she can do other things as well. A airdodge comes out about as fast as rest. she can probably also nair inbetween as well.
No she can't. A perfectly timed Falco can regrab her before anything else. Rest has invincibility frames, and that is the only reason she can escape after the first throw

why on earth is kirby uthrow - uair listed as a CG. its nothing more than a 2 hit combo (lol, 2 hit combo...) hardly qualifies as a CG of any sort

and im pretty sure lucario cant be CG'd by falco to any reasonable %, in the same was lucario cant CG a few characters like MK to any decent %, it can still be done, but only once, where it then leads into a dthrow.
That "two hit combo" lasts for 4 to 5 hits on certain characters, and can deal around 35% to 45% or higher.

A Chain Grab is a Grab that can be used in succession two or more times and is inescapable. All throws listed here meet that qualification. If you don't find it useful, well, that is your problem.

Honestly people, I'm tired of going through this. Unless you have actual proof to give me, stop making claims based on assumptions alone. I don't have time to retest every throw again just because you can't bother to properly try it yourselves. If you truly belive a throw doesn't work, youtube it or get someone else to.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You know, it is possible to regrab With Squirtle and Charizard other characters than Ness, but this might only be twice.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
for Olimar's dthrow combo, you can fit in a fair on some characters.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Squirtle's release grab does NOT work on Ness :chuckle:
People have recently proved this.
Finally, a useful comment.

Anyway, do you have the method to get around it? Also note that Squirtle needs to inch forward when grabbing in order for this to work, in case that was not taken into account.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Same way you escape the rest of them, only the DIand timing of the spot dodge is more strict.
He can only be grabbed by Marth and Charizard as of now.

habaker91

Smash Apprentice
could someone post an olimar chain grabbing vid?
I'm horrible with stuff like this, and i wasn't able to find anything on youtube.
thanks for your help!

Ulevo

Smash Master
could someone post an olimar chain grabbing vid?
I'm horrible with stuff like this, and i wasn't able to find anything on youtube.
thanks for your help!
I plan on buying a capture card soon and am going to make a compilation for the Chain Grabs. Until then, I suggest you ask the Olimar Forums for a demonstration video.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
there is kind of a chingrab G&W can do... its pretty odd to pull since dthrow randomly throws opponent down in front or on the back on G&W... it consists on dthrow>jab>dthrow>jab>until opponent scapes... im pretty sure its very easy to escape

its not that great but i think its worth mentioning though

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Peach's forward slap isn't in your list. Most heavy characters it can be done to and even the lighter ones with a wall present for at least a few times.

Dragmire

Smash Lord

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Could I get confirmation on the following:

I've been trying some stuff out on a Level 9 Bowser with Wolf(Since he's big and any possible chains will be apparent on him). I was wondering if I could get some confirmation on these:

Backthrow to chase to backthrow (Until 28%, 30% with pummeling)

Dthrow+Dthrow+Dthrow (No chase required) (36%, 39% possible with pummeling at the end)

Ulevo

Smash Master
Could I get confirmation on the following:

I've been trying some stuff out on a Level 9 Bowser with Wolf(Since he's big and any possible chains will be apparent on him). I was wondering if I could get some confirmation on these:

Backthrow to chase to backthrow (Until 28%, 30% with pummeling)

Dthrow+Dthrow+Dthrow (No chase required) (36%, 39% possible with pummeling at the end)
You actually got me excited on this one at first, but no. It unfortunately doesn't work for either.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You actually got me excited on this one at first, but no. It unfortunately doesn't work for either.
Ah, sorry about that. I didn't have anyone to test it on, so I was forced to try a CPU. If I may ask, how are they escapable?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yoshi's grab release chain does not work on Bowser and Diddy Kong. Please fix =)
Would you be able to inform me on how to escape so I can test?

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't have anyone to test it on, so I was forced to try a CPU. If I may ask, how are they escapable?
Back Throw has too much lag to chase properly, and Down Throw can be rolled/side stepped.

does anyone know how extensive olimar's CGs are?
Not very extensive. It does about 25-35% depending on who is grabbed and if the proper pikmin are used.

Shök

Smash Champion
Not 100% sure, but I think Marth can use his Up-B to escape Dedede's Chaingrab.
Falco's.....not so sure.

Adapt

Smash Lord
There is no way ZSS has a release grab infinite on squirtle. her grab is far, far too slow to do anything of the sort

Ulevo

Smash Master
There is no way ZSS has a release grab infinite on squirtle. her grab is far, far too slow to do anything of the sort
Actually, if Squirtle is grabbed and is voluntarily released, meaning you do not attack him during the time he breaks, he will perform a laggy Jump Break which ZSS can regrab him again. If you spam the grab attack and he releases in front of you it won't work. Try it out.

Adapt

Smash Lord
That's odd... kinda useless though seeing as you don't do any damage. I'll check it out later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom