• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deku Tree Presents: Sheik Tech - Instant Needle Cancelling & C-bouncing

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sheik is a dominant force in the Smash for Wii U meta and it is no surprise why. With safe attacks and strong tech she has a lot of powerful options in her arsenal. Deku Tree has created a tutorial to help players bring their game up to another level and teach Sheik mains how to instant needle cancel and C-bounce. Give it a watch and learn how to use and abuse this powerful tech!

SmashCapps wants to give a shoutout to photographer JilliD and cosplayer Rhazia for the amazing picture used in this article. To keep up with his writing adventures follow him on twitter.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Yoooo what's up with the picture? It's freaking me out a little bit...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
tbh I give this Sheik cosplay a 7.5/10 and that's only because of how difficult cosplay is in general, that is its relative competition is bad.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That cosplayer should've done Hyrule Warriors Sheik. That's Sheik's best design, in my opinion. It's still really good cosplay, though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Jeez people, I just saw a cool cosplay picture and thought it'd be fun to spotlight people doing cool things lol. Someone go watch the video already :p

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
I swear these techs are gonna become famous, people will start incorporating them into their gameplay, Sheik usage will increase further, and then they'll nerf Greninja.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
because so many people play her and contribute to tech and optimization.
and she's also really freaking good as a character, so double whammies
I bet if Marth could combo his forward air into itself like Shiek, he would up a few spots on the tier list. I know that barely has anything to do with Sheik.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Warning Received
"Wavebouncing" Lmao. Smash 4 trying to sound like it has advanced tech like melee.

Another useless smash 4 guide that points out the obvious. Shiek can throw needles... omg.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
All this just to have options out of a dash. Why can't you just crouch out of a dash in the first place? That'd make it to where just dashing isn't as big of a commitment.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Jeez people, I just saw a cool cosplay picture and thought it'd be fun to spotlight people doing cool things lol. Someone go watch the video already :p
It's what happens when you introduce real-life things to people on the internet ;)

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
All this just to have options out of a dash. Why can't you just crouch out of a dash in the first place? That'd make it to where just dashing isn't as big of a commitment.
Well, you can shield or jump out of dash, so it's not that big of a commitment.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
That's a really cool cosplay

I like the cosplay picture being included because it reminds me that the character of Sheik is defined by The Legend of Zelda, not Super Smash Bros.

That being said, all new Sheik tech means to me is I dislike the fighter even more. I would only be happy about this if I idolized a future where Sheik was the only character winning tournaments.

Again, the character herself is still pretty cool. I just don't like the fighter. Same goes for Luigi.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Just my own question, this can be applied to any character with a chargeable special right? And the wavebouncing part applies to about everyone too right? I'd like to see this be done with Samus if possible or maybe even DK, not applying the second part of wavebouncing to him.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
"Wavebouncing" Lmao. Smash 4 trying to sound like it has advanced tech like melee.

Another useless smash 4 guide that points out the obvious. Shiek can throw needles... omg.
I mean sheik literally is "bouncing" away.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO These kind of techs raises shieks skill ceiling more and more so. Who cares if she gets nerfed? Mastering all of these options will give shiek 3rd Hokage ninja power level!

Top Bottom