• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Sorry for not posting as often as I'd liked folks. Been a tad busy working up my Little Mac. Can say I'm quite satisfied of how he is currently.

Hermitdude

Smash Cadet
Hi! I'm Hermitdude, I'm fairly new to smash(I know most of the terminology, I can usually hold my own in a game, etc.) and could use some advice. I main Little Mac( I don't spam Fsmash). Thanks!:)

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
I always get the feeling whenever i'm on for glory or with friends that if i win as Little Mac against somebody i'll make them extremely angry unintentionally or if i lose as Little Mac i get laughed and under-estimated upon with a replay being saved that enrages me. I try to communicate with the other players on For Glory using the name selector just to try and get on their good side most of the time when playing or about to play as Little Mac.

Hermitdude

Smash Cadet
If someone rages at you then think of this: you're just getting getting good enough they're getting beaten so hard that they're being salty. If someone rages, you're getting better. And if they laugh at you then they're just haters. And you friends shouldn't do that if they're good friends.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
When people lose to a champ like Little Mac, the :salt: is as real as it gets. They just like to come up with lame ass excuses for losing to him when even they should know way better that it's their own fault. I mean just cuz they're throwing unnecessary salt in your face doesn't mean you should be discouraged by it. And if they beat you, they're just cocky and arrogant who don't give a **** what happens in a match as long as they win. It's a shame that you even have "friends" like those who takes this way too seriously when it's just a dumb ass game meant to have fun.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
just won a match online by killing my opponent with a midair full charge straight lunge.

i challenge everyone to try and do the same. mwahaha

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Play a Ganondorf who is was trying to use his Up Tilt

Can you guess what happened?

A).Went for an Up-B
B).Foward Smash
C).Counter
D).Side-B off the stage

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
please can i join the skype group? username is Squiiidzoid Minecraft

FlashStormed

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flashstormed
Little Mac main here! Also new to the forums!
I really enjoy playing as Little Mac!
I also enjoy when people ditto me! (wait, what!? You enjoy dittos?) Yes! Because it feels so gratifying knowing you were good enough to make someone want to copy you! Woop!

Anyone else feel this way? No? .....okay.

Hermitdude

Smash Cadet
I also enjoy when people ditto me! (wait, what!? You enjoy dittos?) Yes! Because it feels so gratifying knowing you were good enough to make someone want to copy you! Woop!

Welcome to the forums man! Little Mac ftw!

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey guys, just wanted to post that im doing a revamp and cleaning on the Moveset thread today. Expect it to be done by this evening.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Do you think you could recover back with the Custom lunges?
Flame lunge does nothing for recovery. Shock lunge (or whatever its name was) on the other hand, works similar to Marth's fully charged B, but it's only half as good from what I remember.

Edit : Custom lunges are not much better for recovery than the regular one.
Flame lunge is actually the best one at it. Because it takes as long as a Falcon punch to charge fully. It covers the distance of two on-ground Haymakers,, but just like the other lunges, it won't grab the edge, and the cooldown time will make you SD.

Not worth it, sorry. :(

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey guys, just wanted to post that im doing a revamp and cleaning on the Moveset thread today. Expect it to be done by this evening.
Plans changed. Due to Aerodrome's suggestion, I have stickied the Frame Data thread and un-stickied the previous Moveset thread. The Frame Data thread will act as the new Moveset thread, and I plan to add more information to the Second post.

Edit: As far as the other information goes, i could use help from you all on this. Some of you have suggested having lists of move strings, the use each move has, and other various move information that could be useful to newer little macs as well as older. If you all have any other suggestions of what could be useful, could you please pm them to me? I want to focus more on that, especially now that we have a very accurate list of little Mac frame data and damage percentage.
Also, any Strings/Combo's you think should be added to that list, please send them to me as well. I plan to scour the boards for the Strings posted previously so I can get started on that list.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So...I just UP+B'd out of a Luigi downthrow, before he could start comboing, totally wrecking his plan.
:D

But I'm wondering if there are other options to get out of a dthrow string. Neutral B, Down B, Nair come to mind, which are probably less riskier than whiffing an UP+B against Luigi. Has anyone tested these?

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Playing for glory with Little Mac is quite an experience. I have been loving Mac lately, but my opponents obviously do not. Win with Mac, "NO SKILL", "CHEAP". Loose with Mac, "REKT" "LOOSER" and other insults. When Little Mac is on the stage, You will see the absolute worst from your opponent. "Oh man, its Little Mac, better camp the edge of the stage". When you do beat them, you can count on them switching to Link or another projectile character, or in some instances, switch to Mac. And when the beat you, they will act like sore loosers and taunt you.

Just like Tino said, the salt is indeed real.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
Hmmmm,
DTilt -> UpSmash -> FTilt/Possible angled up FSmash
At 80-100% depending on character weight,
DTilt -> FAir -> UpSmash
Possible (Not known, as far as I know) at 85%-95%
UpThrow -> UpB

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Hmmmm,
DTilt -> UpSmash -> FTilt/Possible angled up FSmash
At 80-100% depending on character weight,
DTilt -> FAir -> UpSmash
Possible (Not known, as far as I know) at 85%-95%
UpThrow -> UpB
DTilt -> FAir -> UpSmash is quite well known. It isn't a true combo though, is it?
Also, is there a list of DThrow -> UpB percentages somewhere?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man I had a fun and great fight against a Sonic where I countered all of Dash and Spin Attacks and used his spring to kill him with a Up-B.

Beat him twice and it was great and pretty funny how 70% of Sonic's moves can be countered. :4marth:,:4myfriends: and :4lucina: are gonna have a filed day with him if done right so can :4palutena:. :4lucario::4greninja:&:4shulk: have a counter where Sonic can dash right buy it or don't hit entirely.

:4littlemac: has the best counterattack against sonic but if done right, he can run into an Up-Smash and eat it full charge

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I don't like people just hate on him because they highly underestimate him. As a Mac main, it's very hard to assert dominance with him with how polarizing opinions are and his metagame is, but when I receive compliments about my game with Mac it makes me happy and want to continue to improve with him. When people do **** on you, they laugh at you for using Mac, but when you win, they're salty. It's the same cycle. People have never faced above average or good Macs on FG because of how much people don't know how he works or don't know how to use him.

When people rage at you for winning with Mac, let the salt flow. They need to learn to never underestimate him, especially in the hands of people who know what they're doing.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I'm new here and a Little Mac main (truly even though I have 3 mains). I've received compliments about my Little Mac but I feel like I can do so much better with him because I want mine to be at its best.

I know a few things I need to do:

1. Utilize some of his air moves more to mix it up and to add to combos.
2. Start playing defensively with him. My Mac is very offensive, and that's very easy to figure out sometimes.
3. Utilize his grab and dtilt more to help start strings and as other tech.
4. Stop using smashes and Ftilt as a go to move and mix it up.
5. Learn how to maximize his extra jump and walljump to recover.

Anything else I should use to help better my Mac? What are some defensive mindgames you guys use in your playstyle that will help me trap and trick opponents for my favor?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Welcome to the forums, champ.

And I don't take dittos seriously. I just whip out my main, Rosalina, and toy around with them until they fail miserably.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm new here and a Little Mac main (truly even though I have 3 mains). I've received compliments about my Little Mac but I feel like I can do so much better with him because I want mine to be at its best.

I know a few things I need to do:

1. Utilize some of his air moves more to mix it up and to add to combos.
2. Start playing defensively with him. My Mac is very offensive, and that's very easy to figure out sometimes.
3. Utilize his grab and dtilt more to help start strings and as other tech.
4. Stop using smashes and Ftilt as a go to move and mix it up.
5. Learn how to maximize his extra jump and walljump to recover.

Anything else I should use to help better my Mac? What are some defensive mindgames you guys use in your playstyle that will help me trap and trick opponents for my favor?

You're home friend. I say my best option is use your best chance to spot dodge. You can punish due to Mac's insane attack speed, N-air keeps them in a stunned set where you can use your man combo/jab lock

Counter is your best friend and one F-air of the edge equal death. And my best advice is have fun with and treat like you play Punch Out!! Wait for your opponent to screw up and take advantage. Rushdown is a No-No IMO, it works on stupid players but average competent players won't let that beat them and it'll leave to an easy throw.

But good luck and do it for Doc

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
You're home friend. I say my best option is use your best chance to spot dodge. You can punish due to Mac's insane attack speed, N-air keeps them in a stunned set where you can use your man combo/jab lock

Counter is your best friend and one F-air of the edge equal death. And my best advice is have fun with and treat like you play Punch Out!! Wait for your opponent to screw up and take advantage. Rushdown is a No-No IMO, it works on stupid players but average competent players won't let that beat them and it'll leave to an easy throw.

But good luck and do it for Doc
I tend to rushdown too much regardless of who I use so that's one thing I have to stop doing frequently. Dash attack leaves me very vulnerable after a whiff. I abuse counter way too much, though. I know it's a good option to help not get punished too much but I feel like I could do other things instead of rely on his counter. What about mind games I could play with him? I've seen very good videos of him with people absolutely falling for a trap and getting punished heavily by him.

Top Bottom