• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is that because they DI away from it or can jump/air dodge of of it?

Yeah, Jab 1 -> Up B pretty good combo.

:135:
That and with higher percentages, it'll be hard to reach them since Rising Uppercut has godawful reach

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Make sense. Hey, question. Is Dtilt -> KO Upper Cut still a thing?

Yep. Works about on majority of the cast. It's a Zero-to-Death combo for lightweights like Kirby, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch and Rosalina

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yep. Works about on majority of the cast. It's a Zero-to-Death combo for lightweights like Kirby, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch and Rosalina
oh cool. I don't know why, but ever since the first patch update on the 3ds, Lil Mac dilt just felt.... different.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I forgot I even had this pic saved. I'm just gonna leave it here.

And this is my favorite one right here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She's seriously tall, alright. I posted this same pic over on the Rosalina social a while back and I remember this one guy saying that Little Mac looks "adorable" in this pic, which to me it isn't the best word to describe him.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Try actually fighting competent players and try it, 25% chance of working against them and I don't like those odds. Plus when it whiffs, it's an easy punish. It's really not worth it and only benefits the opposition moreso.

If you want to use Mac's Up-B, just bait out an air dodge and attack from there or while you're in a jab combo, just mash out of it with his super armor.
what? sorry but yes it is a valid mixup. if you grab an opponent with mac facing the ledge (ie. like against campers), it is a natural reaction to DI towards the stage, and after a dthrow that means a guaranteed combo into upB on most characters, even at kill percents.

edit: and of course you don't have to use upB if they DI away. you will see when it's unwise to go for the upB. but yes, bad DI or no DI will guarantee the upB followup on most characters.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
what? sorry but yes it is a valid mixup. if you grab an opponent with mac facing the ledge (ie. like against campers), it is a natural reaction to DI towards the stage, and after a dthrow that means a guaranteed combo into upB on most characters, even at kill percents.

edit: and of course you don't have to use upB if they DI away. you will see when it's unwise to go for the upB. but yes, bad DI or no DI will guarantee the upB followup on most characters.
This is what I meant with Dthrow -> UpB

I forgot I even had this pic saved. I'm just gonna leave it here.

And this is my favorite one right here.

Aw, Look at Lil Mac trying to be big next to Rosalina. It's so adora-

*Gets KO UpperCut*

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This might be my final montage video, but I wanted to make a good one. These take a long time to make. To long...lol

But, I give you air Mac. Tell me what you guys think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0_XJ9HKA0
Damn. Looks like it takes a lot of balls to go flying everywhere, specifically off stage.
All in all, turns out he was born to fly. lol

And interesting song choice. I'm more into rap music though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had a field day with the Mario Maker stage and Pirate Ship. Pretty fun **** right there and the Pirate Ship brings me a lotta good memories from Brawl.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I barely have enough in my Eshop balance for the Pirate Ship. oh the memories.
also,i'm starting to like Mac dittos more. they can end so quickly. haha

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I barely have enough in my Eshop balance for the Pirate Ship. oh the memories.
also,i'm starting to like Mac dittos more. they can end so quickly. haha
Eh, I'm not real fond of ditto matches myself, not just Mac dittos. I had one of these a while back but that one was a scrub. It does bring some humorous results though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Eh, I'm not real fond of ditto matches myself, not just Mac dittos. I had one of these a while back but that one was a scrub. It does bring some humorous results though.
Mac Dittos are the total opposite considering you'll either get a scrub tier Mac or a God-Tier Mac who would gimp you quickly, get back on stage and just foxtrot all around

jet56

Smash Journeyman
the funny thing is, if a scrub mac and a god tier mac enter a match together, its a total gamble as to who is gonna win. super armor clashes are a B***h.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
the funny thing is, if a scrub mac and a god tier mac enter a match together, its a total gamble as to who is gonna win. super armor clashes are a B***h.
this is so true it hurts. though i'm not quite sure which mac i am XD

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's hard but you can just counter everything and bait out his counters.

Super Armor be damned

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Until you get that one Mac that Side B's off the stage,even though there's a Miiverse post saying DONT SIDE B! then you're fine.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's hard but you can just counter everything and bait out his counters.

Super Armor be damned
Super armor clashes does leave a bruise alright.
Until you get that one Mac that Side B's off the stage,even though there's a Miiverse post saying DONT SIDE B! then you're fine.
Or if they use Rising Uppercut near the edge trying to hit you and ended up falling to their deaths...

Last edited:

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mac boards~
I started playing Little Mac as a pocket recently, and boy is he fun to use~ I've been getting decent results with him already too~
Nothing quite like killing Ganondorf with 5 smashes in less than 30 seconds XD

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I'm starting to not like fighting Pits/Dark Pits on FG. all they do is throw me off the ledge and down b. If i don't sweetspot the ledge with up b,kiss that stock goodbye D:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm starting to not like fighting Pits/Dark Pits on FG. all they do is throw me off the ledge and down b. If i don't sweetspot the ledge with up b,kiss that stock goodbye D:
Recover under the stage and keep your second jump.

Don't let them gimp you too hard. Plus Pit players are radically different from Dark Pit players.

One will use all his tools to effectively beat you

The other will spam Side-B and spam smash attacks

Guess which one is the latter

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Recover under the stage and keep your second jump.

Don't let them gimp you too hard. Plus Pit players are radically different from Dark Pit players.

One will use all his tools to effectively beat you

The other will spam Side-B and spam smash attacks

Guess which one is the latter
now that you mention it...all the Dark Pits were doing the Side and Down B's. the Pits are the ones who really don't want me on that stage haha.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Decided to **** around on the Miiverse stage when I stumbled upon this post right here. I figure it looks great.

By the way, what's John Cena have to do with Little Mac?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Decided to **** around on the Miiverse stage when I stumbled upon this post right here. I figure it looks great.

Moh you mean that stupid Cena meme? Don't worry about it

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's what you get for playing on Miiverse
Though that wasn't the turning point on why I decided I had enough of Miiverse. I saw a post that was aimed at Lucas saying that "Even if you win, your mom is still dead" :/

Drippy

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I didn't want to make one completely new thread looking for people. I'm not a Little Mac player but a Mario player who's seeking a sparring partner to learn the match-up. The thing is I know that this match-up is like 100000000000000-0 in Mario's favor but I can't for the life of me beat a Little Mac. It's mainly my problem as a player possibly respecting Little Mac a little to much and being really nervous when playing versus one like I try to punish things I know I can't punish like a Forward Smash on shield that wasn't perfect shielded yet I do it every time and also I don't know why but I just suck at gimping this character and that's more of my problem as a player too that I really need to work on. I don't know any good Little Mac mains on Wii U so if anyone in here ever wants to battle and I mean anyone so I could play different Little Macs with different play-styles, I would greatly appreciate it.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

I'm just gonna let this victory speak for itself.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
That wasn't luck, you planned that
I guess i did. haha. The moment i got hit,i kinda panicked in my mind and thought "maybe i should try this before I die" and lo and behold,it worked. :D

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
There is no such thing as luck. Either it just happened or, as Champ Gold Champ Gold mentioned, it was a coordinated attack.
If thats the case,then thats the most coordinated attack i've ever done during the 4 weeks i've had a Wii U.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I didn't want to make one completely new thread looking for people. I'm not a Little Mac player but a Mario player who's seeking a sparring partner to learn the match-up. The thing is I know that this match-up is like 100000000000000-0 in Mario's favor but I can't for the life of me beat a Little Mac. It's mainly my problem as a player possibly respecting Little Mac a little to much and being really nervous when playing versus one like I try to punish things I know I can't punish like a Forward Smash on shield that wasn't perfect shielded yet I do it every time and also I don't know why but I just suck at gimping this character and that's more of my problem as a player too that I really need to work on. I don't know any good Little Mac mains on Wii U so if anyone in here ever wants to battle and I mean anyone so I could play different Little Macs with different play-styles, I would greatly appreciate it.
i don't have a wii u, but we just discussed this matchup in our matchup thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/matchup-analysis-5-mario.419562/

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

That is really good. It's nice to know that miiverse isn't completely full of garbage.

Top Bottom