• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's new Super Advanced Tech: "Goon Farming"

TheDCninja

Smash Rookie
This new technique has been in the making for a little over a month now.

King Dedede's complicated new technique "Goon Farming" could change the SSBB metagame forever. Dedede could likely see himself as the new, unstoppable top tier character.

This ability to force the Dragoon item at will could easily off-balance the competitive metagame, and potentially get Dedede banned.

Dedede's chain throw used to be considered one of his strongest assets, but with this new technique he may no longer have as much use for it.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31CfqAlpAfY

SageMiomo

Smash Rookie
What the...please be fake XD. I was gonna do 2 v 2 Tourneys with the Goon and Team Healer only, but this might just ruin it.

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
Jaw dopping!!!!! that's freakin awesome!!!!!!!

How the heck did "the Booth" FIgure that out?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I gotta try that!!

tytytytytyttytytytytytyttytyytytyttyytytytytyty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidNguyen

Smash Rookie
This is amazing, I just tried practicing it and its extremely difficult to pull off. I'm sure it will be made more accessible with more practice. Great find.

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
No way...this is unbelievable...good find to The Booth or w/e his name was :D

youtellatale

Smash Rookie
not true, he will throw the dragoon items even if items are turned off, like peach can pull the beam sword, duh

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Eh, this would probably end up getting banned since you can force pieces (and presumably any other item you could want) rather than having it be at random like Peach.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I HAVE LOST ALL HOPES IN THE INTERWEBS!!!!!

Look, the only way Dedede can pull out an item, let alone a capsule, is if you have the items turn on. You can set the frequency to none and it will still happen. Search for Dedede secrets.

AND FOR THE REST OF YOU GULLIBLE NOOBS:

Learn to search more. Something like this isn't that big if you take the time to think about it. You say, "OMG, that's brokem." How many of you said that AFTER you tested it? None of you.

Frustration > Max.anger_val

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, if it get's banned just ban this technique and not Dedede. That's an awesome find lol, I'd test it if I had Brawl...

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
like i said in the DDD thread, it shouldnt be banned if all you can do is a dragoon. its just as easy for the opponent to get it as you. even if you can make bombs, they appear closer to your opponent so its easier for him to get it. if you discover a way to make exploding capsules every time, thats different.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
that's amazing
I seriously want to know how he figured this out, though, that hardly seems plausible to have happened by chance. Even if it did (to me anyway) i wouldn't know what buttons i pushed so i couldn't do it again :p

Twst101

Smash Cadet
thats a very VAERY interesting find....though i highly doubt that it'd raise DDD on the tier list (even if there isnt one yet lol) good **** tho :D

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
Can anyone explain in better depth of detail? I held Shield right after the side b, and have done it a few times, but i still get no capsule.

SK919

Deal with it
I've gotten it to work a good amount of the time, and you must've misread the instructions Insomniac, there are a few other buttons involved during the animations that you need to press.

Also, I think that I heard that they found out about this accidentally, and then using emulation or examining the game's code they found that there was a lot of strange code in DDD's moveset.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this used effectively by DDD players sometime soon, and it may be possible to get other cool things to happen with this tech.

I'll be messing with it to see if I can make it usable, and deadly.

CO18

Smash Hero
OMG. WHY IS THIS BEING POSTED EVERYWHERE?

DEDEDE CAN NOT THROW ITEMS IF YOU CLICK ON "ALL ITEMS OFF".

PEOPLE WHO ARE THROWING ITEMS, HAVE THEIR ITEMS SET TO "NONE".

WITH ITEMS SET TO "NONE" ITEMS WILL NOT APPEAR NORMALLY ON THE STAGE BUT DEDEDE CAN THROW THEM.

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
OMG. WHY IS THIS BEING POSTED EVERYWHERE?

DEDEDE CAN NOT THROW ITEMS IF YOU CLICK ON "ALL ITEMS OFF".

PEOPLE WHO ARE THROWING ITEMS, HAVE THEIR ITEMS SET TO "NONE".

WITH ITEMS SET TO "NONE" ITEMS WILL NOT APPEAR NORMALLY ON THE STAGE BUT DEDEDE CAN THROW THEM.
On the contrary...why don't you read the video description.

Whu

Smash Rookie
Um, if you have items off and frequency set to "none" then dedede will never pull anything.

its not real, whoever made the video is obviously trying to **** with everyone...and you know what, they did.

congrats, you ****ed with everyone, half the people here believe you.

he didnt even show the turning off of items & setting to none, i main ddd and this is ********.
why am i even wasting my time trying to convince gullible people?

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've tried it. Dedede pulling out items works, but not when they're all turn off.

Gonzoyo

Smash Cadet
If items are off, this doesn't work. I also don't see it as overly broken, as the farmed goon pieces can still be grabbed by the opponent.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Believe it or not, this is real.
My friend made a dragoon piece come out of nowhere in a normal match (FD, no items, no smashballs, Link vs DDD, I think)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm going to be honest here, this sounds like an awesome april fool's joke to me heh

Ue-Chan

Smash Rookie
i'm going to be honest here, this sounds like an awesome april fool's joke to me heh
then how do you explain the video itself? clearly that ddd is pulling out goon pieces.

in any case - bans, items none/all off, fake, real whatever, i still think it's an amazing find.

mad props to the booth.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
yawn!!

Remake the video showing you cutting off the items......with dates and ****

but yeah i guess a good find.........for item battles..

SK919

Deal with it
I faced the DC ninja in the smash war. You can check the brackets if you want if you don't believe me. He used this goon farming technique on me. In every single match he managed to goon farm. I lost 2 in a row!! The only reason I won is because for the rest of the match I was on my toes and dodged many dragoons and was on his ***. Don't diss goon farming! I've seen it and it was the storm!

Top Bottom