• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DED is a boss.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I figured I should bring this up because it's interesting and a usable defensive option for Roy. Marth can also do this but it's kinda worthless.

So we all know that Roy's DED is quite boss-like. And we all know that Roy's OoS options are balls (comparatively). So here's how to reliably use your grounded DED OoS (we knew you could do it but this is an in depth guide to doing it because I haven't seen anything on the topic).

Step 1: Have fire.
Step 2: Jump
Step 3: DED first hit.
Step 4: Have more fire.
Step 5: Prime your DED for use OoS. Use any form of aerial attack. This includes fair, nair, bair, uair, dair, flare blade and counter. The next time you are in the air, your DED will guaranteed send you down.
Step 6: Burn ****.
Step 7: Shield.
Step 8: Jump.
Step 9: DED. You have now successfully DED'd OoS.

Some other interesting notes on this.
1. You can prime DED OoS by the method above or DED offstage, grabbing the edge, and getting up from the edge via aerial attack (need to test), roll, standing up, or ledge attack.
2. Your DED will stay primed until you jump and land without an aerial. If you jump and fair (eg.) your DED will stay primed.
3. CAUTION: If you have this primed and are knocked offstage, you're probably dead, because DED will still send you down.

Seem useful?

~Pyro out~:cool:

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I wasn't sure what you meant by JC'ing the ded. Another thing to remember is if you air dodge, you will lose your "prime." This means WD'ing makes you lose it as well since WD counts as an air dodge. I would have to test it out again to remember anything else about this trick.

Also calling it a JC'd ded is a little misleading. Even if you have this trick primed, it still takes the same amount of frames to come out as your regular ded. A true jump-cancel is when you cancel the starting 6 frames of your jump with another move, such as grab or smash. Of course I'm not saying this trick isn't useful, because it is. And thanks to pyro for bringing this up, because it's something that many Roy players know about, but don't mention a lot.

Top Bottom