• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Decisions (Main)

Who should I main?

• Fox

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Falco

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Why not both?

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • You need more time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STICK WITH JIGGS

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Downsmash bruh

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sheik (Kappa)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
Alrighty, about a month ago I posted a thread about me not enjoying Jiggs anymore and wanting to switch mains. I'm at the point where I'm thinking between two characters, Fox and Falco. Here's a quick rundown of them from my perspective

Fox: My personal better of the two, even without as much experience with this character I can tell I'm getting better quickly(more quickly than with Falco). Fox will be more optimal as of now for me but dont have as much experience in tournament with him.

Falco: My personal favorite to play as. I have more fun when playing Falco, but seems much worse in a technical aspect for how I currently play (super aggressive). My Falco has more experience in tournament as I've entered tournaments with Falco back in the summer of 2015, though I didnt place as well (still won some sets). I also have a harder time improving Falco because of the way I play. I mained Falco for about 2-3 months back in 2015 before I switched to Jiggs.

Honestly just want your opinions, on the matter. I know that how I think is more important but any help is help to me! :143:

Only you can figure this out. Keep playing as much as you can so that it's painfully obvious who your best is

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
Just go with your gut. Nobody on SB is going to be able to help you with this.
Only you can figure this out. Keep playing as much as you can so that it's painfully obvious who your best is
Yeah guys I know, in the end it's what I think. Just wanted to know how other people think about it. I've been leaning more towards Falco but I'm not sure yet.

Uber Duck

Smash Rookie
Ultimately, I think you should just pick whoever you have the most fun with. If you have a good time with Falco, just stick with it. You'll get more fun out of playing and practicing if you enjoy the character. For example, I just got burnt out on Falco. I lost all the joy, and all of a sudden the direction I wanted to take my play would simply not work with Falco's properties. So, after switching to Fox, I've had to practice tech skill much more, but it's so much more fun, and I'm able to really play the way I want to.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
We get a million of these threads a week, and the answer is always going to be the same.

We don't care. Play who you want. Play who feels right. We really can't help you since we're all biased with who we enjoy playing.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually surprised mods aren't shutting down threads like these because they simply waste time and don't provide real answers because the outcome is always the same, people go with their gut.

Hot Toddy

Smash Cadet
I'm actually surprised mods aren't shutting down threads like these because they simply waste time and don't provide real answers because the outcome is always the same, people go with their gut.
Good point, if you had the ability to close your own threads I would have done it already. I keep thinking that asking others is going to help but it doesnt. Your gut is the way to go. My bad.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice

Yep...playing everyone, quite a bit... happened to be Kirby...second was Mario. I think you know what I had to do...

Take it from me it was painfully obvious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom