• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Dec. 4, 2015 Inland Empire Gaming Community (San Bernardino)

Dec. 4, 2015 Inland Empire Gaming Community (San Bernardino)
Posted by alnavas
San Bernardino Valley College's Greek Theatre
Friday, December 4, 2015 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, December 4, 2015 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
The Inland Empire Gaming Community is Hosting one BIG Tournament for the following games:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Super Smash Melee
Mario Kart 8
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Mortal Kombat X (PS4)

The Tournament will be held at San Bernardino Valley College in the Greek Theatre

San Bernardino Valley College is located on: 701 S Mt Vernon Ave, San Bernardino 92410

The Tournament will be on Friday: Dec. 4, 2015

Tournament registration starts at 3 PM, warm-up matches are available at entry

Registration: $5 pot for every tournament you would want to enter, Venue fee: $5, No age limit

Smash Bros. Wii U Rules:

We have 3 setups, we are welcoming people who bring setups. If you bring a setup, your venue fee will be waved.
(A setup consists of a Nintendo Wii U AND a T.V.), more setups for smash will make this go smoother

We are allowing Gamecube controllers, Pro controllers, Wii U Gamepad, Classic remotes, and 3DS

Rules: 1v1 Singles (Double Elimination), there will be a loser's bracket
there will be doubles if enough teams are interested
2 stock, 6 Minutes, Items off, Equipment off, No Customs, No Amiibos
(we are allowing DLC Characters)

Stages allowed: Final Destination, all Omegas, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Town and City, Battlefield, Smashville, Miiverse, Duck Hunt, Delfino Plaza

Smash Bros. Melee rules:
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 rules:

Team Batlles, 99 time, sets are best of 3 until winner and loser semis, then the sets are best of 5 and sets further also
No Deidara Spammers

Mario Kart 8 rules:

4 players play a cup, top 2 advance until to next round until final cup then final winner will be determined with highest amount of points

Mortal Kombat X rules:

• Game version: PlayStation 4
  • Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Games, 99 Seconds
  • Predator and Tremor are not legal for tournament play.
  • Winner must keep same character and variation.
  • If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Further details will be explained at the tournament for each game

The times for the Tournaments will be:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: 4:00pm
Mario Kart 8: 4:00pm
Mortal Kombat X: 5:00pm
Super Smash Bros Melee: 6:00pm
Super Smash Bros. Wii U: 7:00 pm

Times may vary depending on how many people show up

Cash Prizes: 1st place 60%, 2nd Place 30%, 3rd 10% for each Tournament

Hope to see you guys there!

Unless you are a current student at SBVC, DO NOT park in the student parking lot. parking for non-current students is in the Swap Meet parking lot across from the SBVC campus, it's free.

If you have any more questions regarding the tournament or parking, or anything else,
please feel free to text me at this number (323) 218-9950, my name is angel aka alnavas
or email me at angelnavas23@yahoo.com

Zaku20XX

Smash Rookie
When you say Ice Climbers freeze glitch, are you talking about wobbling? I main Ice Climbers and I don't Wobble. (Shocking, I know haha.)

Kaos_

Smash Rookie
Glad to see you have melee :) My friends and I will be more then happy to go

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Is this still alive? Found a flier today but can't find info on the next tournament or scheduling on facebook. :0

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
Is this still alive? Found a flier today but can't find info on the next tournament or scheduling on facebook. :0
yea man we are still alive, you can find all of our info on our Facebook page, which is Inland Empire Gaming Community, we have a profile pic of video games, and our background pic is a giant white girl holding an eva unit (it's from an anime), our next tournament will most likely be on April 15th, we are just waiting on the approval of the space we are using and then we will make an event page and thread

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
yea man we are still alive, you can find all of our info on our Facebook page, which is Inland Empire Gaming Community, we have a profile pic of video games, and our background pic is a giant white girl holding an eva unit (it's from an anime), our next tournament will most likely be on April 15th, we are just waiting on the approval of the space we are using and then we will make an event page and thread
Okay nice. Was mostly making sure this was the same TO's. So cool, if it ends up being on the 15th i'll most likely show up.
i'll keep an eye on that Fb page. Thanks~:cool:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Is this still a thing? There are little to no tournaments near the Inland Empire and I am thirsty for some smash action.

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
Is this still a thing? There are little to no tournaments near the Inland Empire and I am thirsty for some smash action.
yea man we are a thing our next one should be on may 13th, you should see an event page soon on our facebook page @ Inland Empire Gaming Community

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
yea man we are a thing our next one should be on may 13th, you should see an event page soon on our facebook page @ Inland Empire Gaming Community
Alnavas!? Dang I commented on your match with Wolfe on that FB page. Well, I'm still waiting for that event post.....

alnavas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3454-1089-2332
Alnavas!? Dang I commented on your match with Wolfe on that FB page. Well, I'm still waiting for that event post.....
yea we have event page for our Wolves Den on May 20th, and we even have an event thread on this site

Top Bottom