• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 27, 2014] Smash the Halls! @ Legendary Realms (Plainview, NY)

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Hello smashers!! Winter break is around the corner and what a better way to celebrate your vacation with some smash brothers!! I will be hosting it at Legendary Realms in Plainview NY. Entry fee will be $10. $5 for venue $5 for entry fee. It will be Smash Wii U only I would like to have multiple games, but I cannot do so with the amount of space.

If you have a setup I will take off $3 off the venue fee. Prize pool will determine of the # of entrants. I have 2 HDTV's and 3 CRT's so far. I need Wii U's, Gamecube adapters, and maybe a couple of more TV's. BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER PLEASE!!!!! If you cannot bring one message below and I will put a controller aside with your tag so I can let you borrow I have 4 so first come first serve. When you report your matches to me, and you're out of the tournament lend me back my controllers if you have borrowed one from me. If you'd like to RSVP do so here and on my facebook page as well

https://www.facebook.com/events/419060728241512/

The rules are as follows:

Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles

● Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles

● Custom Fighters are set to off

● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have a 1111 Mii
Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii).
No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not
allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.

B. Stage List
Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville
Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is
banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.

C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from
the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and
the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already
been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the
previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter of
Counterpick lists.
● Bowser Jr’s Clown Car Glitch: If the Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Glitch
happens, players are to pause the match and call a TO or a referee
over to confirm the glitch has happened. Once confirmed, players
will reset the match to the same stocks and get as close to the
percents as they had when the Glitch took place. (The Bowser Jr.
Clown Car Glitch happens when the car respawns after using Up B
right before the player loses their stock. The character starts to
teleport around, also hit boxes and animations for Bowser Jr.
change.)
● Red and Blue are to be used as the two team colors during doubles
matches.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey man! I just wanted to understand some of your reasoning on your rule choices so I could better understand.

NO Mii fighters
Why turn Mii's off entirely? You can actually make standard sized miis that look exactly like the Miis on the character select screen, and they cann use their default moves with Customs Off. They may not be fully customized this way, but I feel this is better then banning 3 entire characters.

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise.

Counterpicks:
Battleship Halberd
Any stage in Ω form (counts as FD for bans)
Pilotwings
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt
We've discussed stages a lot here on Smashboards in the official thread for doing so. To start, Pilotwings has some incredibly broken camping on it. If you keep it legal it could very well ruin your event. Second, you are missing stages that almost everyone there has agreed should be legal. Delfino Plaza, Skyloft, and Wuhu Island being among them. Pokemon Stadium 2 would also be an okay choice, though not everyone agrees on that one. I'd reccomend all of them though, they have all worked well in the many tournaments I've ran.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Hey man! I just wanted to understand some of your reasoning on your rule choices so I could better understand.

Why turn Mii's off entirely? You can actually make standard sized miis that look exactly like the Miis on the character select screen, and they cann use their default moves with Customs Off. They may not be fully customized this way, but I feel this is better then banning 3 entire characters.

We've discussed stages a lot here on Smashboards in the official thread for doing so. To start, Pilotwings has some incredibly broken camping on it. If you keep it legal it could very well ruin your event. Second, you are missing stages that almost everyone there has agreed should be legal. Delfino Plaza, Skyloft, and Wuhu Island being among them. Pokemon Stadium 2 would also be an okay choice, though not everyone agrees on that one. I'd reccomend all of them though, they have all worked well in the many tournaments I've ran.
Well I guess standard mii fighters are OK but to be honest I would like to see someone from the roster win rather than... A mii lol also I've seen those counter pick stages work I'm willing to try anything I don't fully agree with delfino Plaza. I could use ps2. I'll give it a shot thanks for the heads up! I'll change it later

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
I have been trying to have tournaments. the turnouts have been crappy my guess is cuz of school... but with the vacation out I plan on doing more tournaments here

mast xx pkmn

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is still going on right?

Also, are pro controllers legal? Haven't yet attended a smash U event.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Sorry to get back to you late, I haven't heard of anything about pro controllers being illegal I will have more events come the near future.

Top Bottom